Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FPC Snipers Are Off Again?!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
"for no apparent reason" - I think the reason is quite apparent - it's for education, like all schools.

You haven't confirmed if you live in Falmer or if you have some interest here yet Arthur.

And surely it's a good idea to benefit the local college and it's engineering/building courses by exploiting the development of a major structure whilst it is being constructed for educational purposes?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
"for no apparent reason" - I think the reason is quite apparent - it's for education, like all schools.

You haven't confirmed if you live in Falmer or if you have some interest here yet Arthur.

And surely it's a good idea to benefit the local college and it's engineering/building courses by exploiting the development of a major structure whilst it is being constructed for educational purposes?

Why on earth should I tell you where I live?

And quite frankly what has it got to do with anything?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Oh for gawd sake, stop this pandering to "Arthur", can't you see he's a wind up merchant.

Arthur = Ignore

Stop posting silly replies to "Arthur" and get some sodding work done :)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
There is nothing dodgy about being a member of a governing body of an educational establishment, be it a school or a college. There is a chronic shortage of volunteers for these roles. Having been a school governor myself, I can understand why.

It's not as if Martin Perry's role at City College has been a secret all these years.

Are you a governor at a school?

I care about kids getting the best education possible as I'm sure most people do. But most people aren't governors at schools are they? I'm certainly not.

What is Martin Perry's motivation for being a governor of a school next to where a massive building project he is involved with is (and has already and I'm sure he still will do very nicely out of)?

Oh for gawd sake, stop this pandering to "Arthur", can't you see he's a wind up merchant.

Arthur = Ignore

Stop posting silly replies to "Arthur" and get some sodding work done :)

You're absolutely right!

The stadium is going to be built and if Arfur is a Falmer resident still totally obsessed with an ongoing campaign of lies and bullshit then he is going to have a very miserable rest of his life.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I care about kids getting the best education possible as I'm sure most people do. But most people aren't governors at schools are they? I'm certainly not.

What is Martin Perry's motivation for being a governor of a school next to where a massive building project he is involved with is (and has already and I'm sure he still will do very nicely out of)?

Er... to get the best for the college, including, in this instance, new facilities.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If the NIMBYs object to all of the planning permissions still outstanding, will they be able to drag the thing out for a few years yet?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

More pertinent question: What is YOUR motivation for your unceasing vendetta against Martin Perry?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

You wait till falmer residents find out about the Hotel and Helipad complex and goat castrating/ abattoir centre to be built next door.

It'll all kick off then!!!!

Not any more, I'm not.

When I was, it was hard work and very time consuming. The responsibilities were challenging, to say the least. If we got things wrong, we'd be publicly lambasted by OFSTED.

And all this for precisely zero remuneration.

You're right. Most people can't be bothered.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
More pertinent question: What is YOUR motivation for your unceasing vendetta against Martin Perry?

I was going to ask the same thing, seeing as how that question had been ignored previously.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not any more, I'm not.

When I was, it was hard work and very time consuming. The responsibilities were challenging, to say the least. If we got things wrong, we'd be publicly lambasted by OFSTED.

And all this for precisely zero remuneration.

You're right. Most people can't be bothered.

I was.....the finance alone was a full time job!!!

While you're here, Arthur ...

Any chance of a response to this question I put on the other thread about Falmer?

Right.

Tell us which of the delays could have been avoided if the football club had done something different.

If you can't produce a list, identify just ONE delay that could have been avoided by the Club doing something different.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Why on EARTH is that more pertinent than finding out about the bloke who is creaming a wage out of a football club that is losing money hand over fist?

And again what has it got to do with anything?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If the NIMBYs object to all of the planning permissions still outstanding, will they be able to drag the thing out for a few years yet?

Doubt it.

These decisions will be made by Brighton & Hove City Council - NOT Lewes District Council.

If the NIMBYs' main bone of contention is 'this is only to save the football club money', that's not exactly much to worry about.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He may be taking a wage but he has achieved more in building football stadia and getting planning permission than anyone else was capable or available.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I was.....the finance alone was a full time job!!!

Quite!

But I'm sure we'll employ someone else to come in and do that. We've got a few players at the club that are coming up to retirement age we must have to give them jobs.

Gary Hart always struck me as being good with figures he'd be the perfect candidate!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Doubt it.

These decisions will be made by Brighton & Hove City Council - NOT Lewes District Council.

If the NIMBYs' main bone of contention is 'this is only to save the football club money', that's not exactly much to worry about.

I'm just thinking back to when the two thousand extra seats got installed. Didn't that get delayed by about two years due to a small number of self-centred muppets complaining about everything and nothing?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Why on EARTH is that more pertinent than finding out about the bloke who is creaming a wage out of a football club that is losing money hand over fist?

And again what has it got to do with anything?

Are you saying that the club's employees should not be paid?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here