Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forfars Bakers In Financial Troubles

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
No. They're not still season ticket holders and what they did is still having repercussions now.
It isn't the same scenario. I have forgiven (but not going into that) but cannot forget.

They're all buisness people who have and still are happy to see the Albion homeless and losing £millions thus putting the very exsistance of the club at risk.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
They're all buisness people who have and still are happy to see the Albion homeless and losing £millions thus putting the very exsistance of the club at risk.

As said by those that know them, the Cutresses aren't happy for the Albion to be homeless but want the Albion to get their home elsewhere. As also said, they helped the Albion get back from Gillingham.
There is the difference.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
As said by those that know them, the Cutresses aren't happy for the Albion to be homeless but want the Albion to get their home elsewhere. As also said, they helped the Albion get back from Gillingham.
There is the difference.

Same soup different gravy as far as i'm concerned Yorkie.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What Melanie Cutress has done will also have repercussions for the Albion for many years to come..........I would rate her on the same scale as Archer and Stanley. They were all quite happy for the club to go out of business for their own benefit.
Never forgive or forget her.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
There is the difference.

that may be all well and noble but there really is only one possible site (and even thats not going to be perfect- just ticks more boxes then the rest) so if that was really the case surely they could open up a slight rethink?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Feel sorry for people like Statto..........if the Cutress,s spent more time ensuring their business and their employess ( those people who earn the profits for them to live on) were competing better, then possible redundancies could have been avoided.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
As were talking about bakers, what happened to Acres the Bakers?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
that may be all well and noble but there really is only one possible site (and even thats not going to be perfect- just ticks more boxes then the rest) so if that was really the case surely they could open up a slight rethink?

That's it. This chap is supporting the stadium to be built elsewhere, he is in effect wanting to sign their death warrant, unless someone would like to point out another site which the stadium could be built...? I am at a loss here. Have the last 8 or so years been wasted? Where is this other site?

That's it. This chap is supporting the stadium to be built elsewhere, he is in effect wanting to sign their death warrant, unless someone would like to point out another site which the stadium could be built...? I am at a loss here. Have the last 8 or so years been wasted? Where is this other site?
The last representation I saw from Tim Cutress (15 Jan 2007, letter to Ruth Kelly's Department) put the case for a 10,000 - 15,000 seater stadium at Withdean.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
But Withdean is nicer than Falmer any day.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The last representation I saw from Tim Cutress (15 Jan 2007, letter to Ruth Kelly's Department) put the case for a 10,000 - 15,000 seater stadium at Withdean.

Clutching at straws, surely? I can't imagine the council would give us permission to accomodate 15,000 people at Withdean and 10,000 people would be far too small (I hope!). Although the majority of residents seem to be happy with our temporary home, I am sure they would not be pleased to have us there permanently. One name certainly springs to mind! :D

No. They're not still season ticket holders and what they did is still having repercussions now.
It isn't the same scenario. I have forgiven (but not going into that) but cannot forget.

Yes, I think it would be unfair to go into extremes of disdain for people who are not necessarily all 'gung-ho' for the Falmer Stadium, just because WE are. Not everyone has to be over the moon cheerleaders for every development that Brighton fans approve of!

Nimby's and anti-Falmer Stadium people, I hope you lose and we win. Once or If the Stadium gets a green light, I hope you still find yourselves enjoying the results, and perhaps catch a feeling of eventual pride for the City, the club, and the supporters.

The hip phrase would be "peace, out" I suppose, but I doubt the nimby's are feeling the lurve any more than we are for them right now.
That's just the way it is, some things will never change...... some things must, and will.

Col P

Feb 13, 2006
I'll be quite happy to build bridges, forgive and forget once the August deadline for appeals and objections is past.

I agree August if all goes well again all I am saying is its time to start the reconcilliation process and by that here we all are expressing our views

Col P

Feb 13, 2006
Would you build those same bridges with Archer & Stanley when we move into Falmer Yorkie? Is it time to forgive and forget what they done to us?

No diffrent case completly I am talking about building bridges with those who have a different view on the site of the stadium issue but hold the same values towards the albion as we do

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Did focus diy ever wage a campaign against the Goldstone or was it Archer & Stanley?
Spot on Mr Bulldog. Focus, the company, weren't our enemy any more than Forfars are - but we still tried to hurt them financially and we would have LOVED if if they'd gone bust.

I'm pleased my boycott of Forfars is proving more effective than my Focus one did! The Cuttress family are playing the same role Benedict Arnold did in the American War of Independence - started out on one side and then switched. No amount of Pepper-esque weasel words about 'yes they want us to have a new ground but not at Falmer' will disguise the fact they are both firmly in the enemy camp. I appreciate that if you know him personally Mr Cuttress might be a lovely man but from an Albion point of view - good riddance. And I'm not yet in a Churchillian 'in victory - magnamity' mode; so Cuttress, go bust, take your pug-ugly wife and f*** off.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Spot on Mr Bulldog. Focus, the company, weren't our enemy any more than Forfars are - but we still tried to hurt them financially and we would have LOVED if if they'd gone bust.

I'm pleased my boycott of Forfars is proving more effective than my Focus one did! The Cuttress family are playing the same role Benedict Arnold did in the American War of Independence - started out on one side and then switched. No amount of Pepper-esque weasel words about 'yes they want us to have a new ground but not at Falmer' will disguise the fact they are both firmly in the enemy camp. I appreciate that if you know him personally Mr Cuttress might be a lovely man but from an Albion point of view - good riddance. And I'm not yet in a Churchillian 'in victory - magnamity' mode; so Cuttress, go bust, take your pug-ugly wife and f*** off.

I am totally in agreement with your post.......particularly the last sentence.
I am sure I remember Dick knight offering the "olive branch" last time we got a "Yes". Look what happened then.
If we get a "yes" again from Hazel Blears/Ruth Kelly, may I suggest that instead of being magnanimous in victory, that would be the time to INCREASE any boycott etc on Forfars.While the enemy is wounded, press home the advantage. Dont let him get up again to inflict more damage.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
In Worthing there's a Forfars and a Greggs quite close together on Montague St. My family have been fully briefed on why, if they need something, they should buy from Greggs instead. I also know that my kids have told their friends the same thing. In fact, I think that kids enjoy these sort of things - 'Don't shop there, they hate The Albion' has been heard a couple of times when walking past with my lot. Maybe it's not strictly true, but who's arguing.

I really hope that Forfars have been badly hurt by this boycott - and that they can recognise the fact on their P&L statement. This is our only way to get back at these people who set out to hurt us - short of voting them out of office. The more people realise that we have a small but powerful voice locally, the more they'll take note of us - or rue the consequences.

How many copies of The Sun are sold in Liverpool even so long after Hillsborough?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here