Forfars Bakers In Financial Troubles

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dec 27, 2005
BRIGHTO KEMP TOWN
FROM AN EXCELLENT SOURCE, FORFARS BAKERS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS MAKING THEIR DOUGH RISE!!!

THE MAIN REASON FOR THIS IS THAT THEY ARE BEING TARGETED BY RIVAL BAKERS, CLEGGS FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY WHICH I BELIEVE HAVE A DISTRIBUTION CENTRE BASED IN CRAWLEY. I WOULDN'T SAY THAT THEY ARE ON THE VERGE OF BANKRUPTCY BUT WOULDN'T MIND BETTING THAT THEY MIGHT START STREAMLINING OR CLOSING SOME OF THEIR LESS PROFITABLE RETAIL OUTLETS.

:albion2: :albion2: :albion2: :albion2: :albion2: :albion2: :albion2: :albion2:

MIGHT BE HANDY IF THE FALMER FIGHT GETS DIRTY AFTER THE DECISION IN JULY!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I knew they were starting to 'adapt' their business to meet the needs of the 'modern day' society.

Ban the bun is obviously having some effect!

A real shame as I would normally support a local retailer, but certainly not Forfars. Many happy days were spent in the one in Church Road, they even baked me an Albion cake!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hope that is true. One less wealthy family in Falmer to fight against us, although he is an avid fan who just disagrees with Falmer. Isnt Cleggs the firm that own Bakers Oven and Greggs?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I thought Mr Cutress was a season ticket holder.

I'm not here to defend Tim Cutress, but I suspect he's less of a NIMBY than Melanie.

She opposes the stadium. He is more inclined to think that it won't happen.

He's wrong. She's very wrong.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
As BoF said, I'm all for supporting local businesses but I would titter my breeches off were Forfars to fold.

I believe it's known as karma

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Not only is Melanie Cutress very, very, very wrong but she particularly hates this picture of herself. So it seems only reasonable to give it an airing every once in a while.

cuttress.jpg

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
She looks hideous*

*opinion of poster may not reflect opinion of NSC

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
fortunately for residents of Hove we have the Real Pattiserie next door, a bit better

Lewis Hamilton v Mr Toad?

Dennis Bergkamp v Denny Mundee?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports