Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forfars Bakers In Financial Troubles

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
FROM AN EXCELLENT SOURCE, FORFARS BAKERS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS MAKING THEIR DOUGH RISE!!!

THE MAIN REASON FOR THIS IS THAT THEY ARE BEING TARGETED BY RIVAL BAKERS, CLEGGS FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY WHICH I BELIEVE HAVE A DISTRIBUTION CENTRE BASED IN CRAWLEY. I WOULDN'T SAY THAT THEY ARE ON THE VERGE OF BANKRUPTCY BUT WOULDN'T MIND BETTING THAT THEY MIGHT START STREAMLINING OR CLOSING SOME OF THEIR LESS PROFITABLE RETAIL OUTLETS.

:albion2: :albion2: :albion2: :albion2: :albion2: :albion2: :albion2: :albion2:

MIGHT BE HANDY IF THE FALMER FIGHT GETS DIRTY AFTER THE DECISION IN JULY!!

Cleggs?? Greggs, no? Look a bit CHT to me. Still good on them. Pret a manger for me mind.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
sod forfars its crap i go to RAVEN'S bakery whenever i can .... top stuff

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Tim Cuttress

Is he the same season-ticket holding nimby that sits in Block L (centre, aprox 3rd row)?

Has made my blood boil at times when he smugly calls out that it will never happen when calls of "We want Falmer" go round Withdean:rant:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
YESSSSSS

FINALLY, i've boycotted since i've been told , took numerous digs for it from others but this surely is my last laugh ... MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA..

I stopped shopping at Forfars when I found out they oppose Falmer Stadium, and stopped extolling the virtues of any of their fare. Tescos and Sainsburys have only profitted by their stance. There is an excellent bakery/patisserie on Steyning high street, which I will always visit when in the area.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've never understood how Forfars keep going anyway, it's always about 2 or 3 times more expensive than any other bakery! She'll probably be wanting to supply the pies for the stadium once it's built though!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I'd love to see them losing their business and having to apply for jobs working in the catering vans at Falmer.

Only then will they see the true beneift of a community stadium.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Maybe some supporters should take a step back and think about how much money and support the Cuttress family have put into the club over the years?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Maybe some supporters should take a step back and think about how much money and support the Cuttress family have put into the club over the years?

How much and when? How does that compare with what they have donated to Falmer Parish council's fight against Falmer?
Does one outbalance the other?
Tell us more.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I've taken a step back and thought long and hard over this, but I boycott Forfars and all the other anti-Falmer nimbys (except once when I was incredibly hungover, needed food and drink AND TLO never lets me forget it!) to let them know that they jeopardise MY club's future at their peril. They need to know the strength of feeling.

As for that photo - she's no swallower is she, that Mrs Cuttress.

Hmm, now what about a spy who commits treason and goes to the other side?

How about a British subject that pays his taxes then decides to start terrorism against British subjects?

What about a chairman who puts a few quid into a club, then sells it out to a Toys R Us developer (and gets dough out of the end deals as well).

Shall we take a step back and think about them with fondness and give them a clap?

If there was anything in it for the Forfars concern to suddenly u-turn, like having a profitable outlet in the new stadium once it's built, then the tune might suddenly change - but I hope that there's a clause for ANY food supplier or tradesmen in a BHAFC concern, that if they are bought or hire any previously-Falmer-regressive person, they will have their license to trade around The Albion pulled.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Naughty stirrer young Harty. Tutt tutt.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Naughty stirrer young Harty. Tutt tutt.

Not at all, regardless of opinions, which makes the world go round, just a little annoyed at some of the pettiness and personal attacks against a family who have in the past well and truly pinned their colours to the Albion mast.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
If Forfars had thrown their weight behind Falmer than maybe they could have had a retail outlet there and, with the Uni, thet could have been good business all week.

I still remember Clarks bakery by the Goldstone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here