Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forfars Bakers In Financial Troubles

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not at all, regardless of opinions, which makes the world go round, just a little annoyed at some of the pettiness and personal attacks against a family who have in the past well and truly pinned their colours to the Albion mast.

'In the past' is one thing, and well done to them if that is what they did (actually I don't remember their support, but I'll take your word for it) but it counts for little when, in the here and now, this is something they are certainly NOT doing.

I think people will find that Forfars Bakers Ltd have kept well away from the Falmer Stadium issue.

Our enemy has been Falmer Parish Council and Lewes District Council. Melanie Cutress has been a member of Falmer Parish Council for years. Since May 2007, she has been a member of Lewes District Council.

Tim Cutress is a director of Forfars Bakers Ltd. In a personal capacity, he is an objector to the stadium. I don't recall him ever connecting his business with anything he has said publicly about the planning application (although others have linked the two).

As far as I am aware, most employees of Forfars support the stadium (just like most people in Brighton and Hove). I certainly don't wish redundancy on them.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I think people will find that Forfars Bakers Ltd have kept well away from the Falmer Stadium issue.

Our enemy has been Falmer Parish Council and Lewes District Council. Melanie Cutress has been a member of Falmer Parish Council for years. Since May 2007, she has been a member of Lewes District Council.

Tim Cutress is a director of Forfars Bakers Ltd. In a personal capacity, he is an objector to the stadium. I don't recall him ever connecting his business with anything he has said publicly about the planning application (although others have linked the two).

As far as I am aware, most employees of Forfars support the stadium (just like most people in Brighton and Hove). I certainly don't wish redundancy on them.

Most of the employess will find other jobs in the retail sector, not exactly the best paid job in the world. The Cutress's wont be able to buy another bakery. They should have focussed their efforts on their business and not the vindictive lying campaign they have been waging against the Albion and thousands of supporters. I hope they go bust...!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Most of the employess will find other jobs in the retail sector, not exactly the best paid job in the world. The Cutress's wont be able to buy another bakery. They should have focussed their efforts on their business and not the vindictive lying campaign they have been waging against the Albion and thousands of supporters. I hope they go bust...!

At no time have Forfars EVER wage a campaign against the Falmer Stadium proposal. Read Lord Bracknell's post again, and you'll see just how much you got wrong replying to his post.

The point is, Melanie Cuttress, in her role as FPC councillor, now LDC councillor has vehemently opposed the stadium. Tim also opposes it as an INDIVIDUAL.

Forfars, as a business, have made no representations about it.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
At no time have Forfars EVER wage a campaign against the Falmer Stadium proposal. Read Lord Bracknell's post again, and you'll see just how much you got wrong replying to his post.

The point is, Melanie Cuttress, in her role as FPC councillor, now LDC councillor has vehemently opposed the stadium. Tim also opposes it as an INDIVIDUAL.

At no time EVER did I say Forfars waged a campaign against the Falmer proposal. Read my post again, and you,ll see how wrong your reply to my post is.
The point is that Melanie Cutress and "Tim" presumably have their expensive house and lifestyle through the earnings of Forfars.
I have NOT said Forfars , as a business, have made representations about it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Using that logic (loosely)...

Would you happily purchase a property from Hoogstraten?

Col P

Feb 13, 2006
forfars best Belgium buns ever FACT although truffles in steyning run them a close second............. come on guys the stadium is almost in the bag time to start thinking of bridge building...........a peace and reconciliation court

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
forfars best Belgium buns ever FACT although truffles in steyning run them a close second............. come on guys the stadium is almost in the bag time to start thinking of bridge building...........a peace and reconciliation court

If you have a fight with someone, the first thing you must do is get them down.................the second thing, is to make sure they stay there.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Did focus diy ever wage a campaign against the Goldstone or was it Archer & Stanley?

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
How did it get the name forfars, did forfars originate from forfar?.......... just curious like

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here