Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forest Away

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
You would think Y1 would open shortly. Or certainly ahead of the members sale on Tuesday.
You, myself and no doubt several hundred other Albion fans, but the club?
As you say now only ambulant disabled/ wheelchair spaces left so effectively sold out.
edit thanks for taking out everton posts

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This is the sort of thing that is a little annoying. The club does everything 99% right but on this they keep getting it slightly wrong. Does it matter that much? I guess not in the bigger scheme of things but it became clear yesterday that we would sell out if the full allocation was put up or very close to it so just open all the blocks instead of waiting for the really poo seats to sell first.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I feel sorry for the MA+ Members who live long distances from Sussex, so cannot justify a season ticket, and I know many, who wait desperately for the chance of getting tickets to see us on the road. And then the club takes a reduced allocation, leaving these paid-up Members out in the cold. Yes, I know Everton didn’t sell out, and they can and will go to this game. But to only put up for sale circa 1900 tickets for Forest is really bad show, and I can imagine it really irks the loyal fee paying Members.

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
Was just on the chat to the club and they said that "There is a block that is yet to be released, this will most likely be released in the coming week sometime". Not very specific but good to know if like me you forgot to go online at 9am this morning and get tickets that were remaining then. I also checked if it was correct that the 49 remaining in X1 were disabled seats. And it is correct, they are.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Was just on the chat to the club and they said that "There is a block that is yet to be released, this will most likely be released in the coming week sometime". Not very specific but good to know if like me you forgot to go online at 9am this morning and get tickets that were remaining then. I also checked if it was correct that the 49 remaining in X1 were disabled seats. And it is correct, they are.
Heads up for anyone who hasn't travelled to Forest before. Because the disabled supporters are positioned at the back of our section the Forest stewards try to get you to sit down if you are in the back few rows, otherwise our own disabled fans can't see the game. Seem to remember this was more of an issue in the corner (block W2) than the others but thought it worth mentioning.

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
Heads up for anyone who hasn't travelled to Forest before. Because the disabled supporters are positioned at the back of our section the Forest stewards try to get you to sit down if you are in the back few rows, otherwise our own disabled fans can't see the game. Seem to remember this was more of an issue in the corner (block W2) than the others but thought it worth mentioning.
Good call, but does not look like it's an issue in this block (X1) as the disabled supporters are positioned at the front of section, with a gap - if I'm looking at it right

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-20 132455.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-20 132455.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 36

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good call, but does not look like it's an issue in this block (X1) as the disabled supporters are positioned at the front of section, with a gap - if I'm looking at it right
I think that might be why it is worse in the corner. Some may remember it is similar at Charlton. It seems when they designed it they didn't realise those seated would stand!

jrbha

Nov 18, 2021
Why not release it now though? Seems so bizarre. As someone said earlier in this thread, the club to their credit do get 99% of things absolutely spot on and we should be very grateful for that. But ticketing issues seem to constantly crop up both for home and away games season after season.

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
That's ambulant disabled which is non-wheelchair users
Thanks. I did actually have to google what ambulant disabled means but I know now. If you don't know: "The term ‘ambulant disabled’ refers to people with a wide range of disabilities who are not regular wheelchair users. This could include, for example, people who have diabetes, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, or cancer."

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
Why not release it now though? Seems so bizarre. As someone said earlier in this thread, the club to their credit do get 99% of things absolutely spot on and we should be very grateful for that. But ticketing issues seem to constantly crop up both for home and away games season after season.
I agree, I want to get my tickets in the bag now, not wait until the next window opens

RenboSlice

Sep 9, 2023
I feel sorry for the MA+ Members who live long distances from Sussex, so cannot justify a season ticket, and I know many, who wait desperately for the chance of getting tickets to see us on the road. And then the club takes a reduced allocation, leaving these paid-up Members out in the cold. Yes, I know Everton didn’t sell out, and they can and will go to this game. But to only put up for sale circa 1900 tickets for Forest is really bad show, and I can imagine it really irks the loyal fee paying Members.
I have a membership because I live in Leeds I comfortably get tickets to every away north of London and often London ones as well if the circumstances are right. You've just gotta be well organised.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I think the club may have been nervous about the stampede of demand for Athens A tickets going on sale this morning at the same time as the Forest A going on sale to All STHs. They may well put block Y1 for Forest A up for sale over the weekend, before the next stampede for Athens A on Monday.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

Have to agree with jrbha here i cannot believe that if that block is still available they could not release it today. Perhaps the person who normally does this is on holiday or something. The words "most likely be released in the coming week sometime", if reported accurately, are not confidence inspiring are they?
Playing devil's advocate what if someone who does not use NSC (there are some apparently!) logs on to the site a few times today to buy a Forest ticket and being unable to buy just gives up, as they are not to know like we do that the blacked out block has not been sold out. That could be a potential sale lost and a disgruntled fan to boot.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Just to clarify the 1900 figure was from much earlier in the sales before they fully opened X2 and W2. It is currently 2381 tickets with the block Y1 (about 600) to open which, if it does, will complete our full allocation.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
The thing I don't get is that there will be season ticket holders who think it was sold out because all the blocks are blacked out, only for another one to be open a day or so later
If it was sold out the green buy button would turn to a grey sold out button and you would not be able to see any blocks. Forest has not shown as being sold out at any point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here