Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forest Away

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You assume correctly. The chap who used the ticket always buys their tickets.

As I said it doesn't matter now as it's nearly done. Just slightly worrying the club have gone gung-ho on issuing bans again because they are selling out every week. They did the same when we had X'000's on the season ticket waiting list but soon changed their tune when that disappeared and people stopped renewing post covid
I think the club are right to issue the ban, just in this case they have targeted the wrong person, ie the person that didn't go and apparently didn't know his ticket was being used.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I think the club are right to issue the ban, just in this case they have targeted the wrong person, ie the person that didn't go and apparently didn't know his ticket was being used.
I agree as does the person who used the ticket and told the club so. The club however didn't agree.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
You assume correctly. The chap who used the ticket always buys their tickets.

As I said it doesn't matter now as it's nearly done. Just slightly worrying the club have gone gung-ho on issuing bans again because they are selling out every week. They did the same when we had X'000's on the season ticket waiting list but soon changed their tune when that disappeared and people stopped renewing post covid

I may have missed understood but I thought the ticket user went to save the match ticket / rail ticket going to waste.

That sounds like the owner had originally intended to go but then couldn't make it due to his wife being in hospital. Surely he was aware that the match ticket and travel had been bought for him?

Also, the club do email ticket holders a few days prior to the match, reminding that the ticket is for that supporter's use only and to contact club if they were unaware of the purchase.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I may have missed understood but I thought the ticket user went to save the match ticket / rail ticket going to waste.

That sounds like the owner had originally intended to go but then couldn't make it due to his wife being in hospital. Surely he was aware that the match ticket and travel had been bought for him?

Also, the club do email ticket holders a few days prior to the match, reminding that the ticket is for that supporter's use only and to contact club if they were unaware of the purchase.
Of course he knew he had a match ticket and a train ticket. He had every intention of going. What he didn't know was that his wife was going to get called into hospital for an operation. Buggering off to Manchester to go to football whilst his wife was laid up in hospital probably wouldn't have gone down well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here