Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forest Away

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Sorry, 11 minutes ago you said you were fully aware of ticketing controls? And now you’re asking this question?!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Had hoped that there was a system where the club would put them on for re sale.
Was 20 minutes late for My Albion window and they had all gone.
The rest of the tickets went in under 2 minutes so you were very late - keep logging on and eventually there will probably be more added once player guests etc which are not needed are added back in

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is there engineering work on the St Pancras line or have I just been stitched up by Trainline.com ?

Bought Off Peak return as no specific train ones left but it's reserved seats to and from Kings X - Grantham, then change at Grantham on to an East Midlands train.

Paging @jackalbion who hasn't been nearly busy enough on train threads today :lol:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Y
Is there engineering work on the St Pancras line or have I just been stitched up by Trainline.com ?

Bought Off Peak return as no specific train ones left but it's reserved seats to and from Kings X - Grantham, then change at Grantham on to an East Midlands train.

Paging @jackalbion who hasn't been nearly busy enough on train threads today :lol:
Yes I noticed this, it seems to be sending people that way on train line, not entirely sure why. I had to tell my group to book specific trains and tell them to manipulate the app. They are running down that line via Leicester direct, all lines open. Good things ticket offices aren’t closing! On the plus side it is cheaper to go that way, so you may be in some luck there. I’m afraid to say you have indeed been stitched up by those bastards at Trainline.com.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Y

Yes I noticed this, it seems to be sending people that way on train line, not entirely sure why. I had to tell my group to book specific trains and tell them to manipulate the app. They are running down that line via Leicester direct, all lines open. Good things ticket offices aren’t closing! On the plus side it is cheaper to go that way, so you may be in some luck there. I’m afraid to say you have indeed been stitched up by those bastards at Trainline.com.
I was planning: Thameslink to Bedford, then a return from Bedford to Nottm, changing at Kettering. This seems to be cheaper and not significantly slower ... am I missing something?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Have the player comp returns for this game gone on sale yet? Couldn’t originally make the date but can do now

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
There are no official channels
Was talking on the concourse yesterday and someone handed thier Man City ticket over because they couldn’t go, person who took the ticket was Id checked and original ticket holder now banned for 5 away games…..that’s what he said
A pal of mine suffered the same at United.

He couldn't go due to his wife being in hospital so his mate thought rather than waste the train/match ticket he'd take his son in law. Son in law had his ticket checked. Initially both got 5 game bans. Fella who used the ticket held his hands up and said it was all his fault and if you are going to ban anyone it should be him. The club acknowledged his statement and unbanned him!! The 5 game ban remained for the chap who's ticket it was even though the other chap accepted full responsibility. He's consequently has/will miss all of the european games.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

He couldn't go due to his wife being in hospital so his mate thought rather than waste the train/match ticket he'd take his son in law. Son in law had his ticket checked. Initially both got 5 game bans. Fella who used the ticket held his hands up and said it was all his fault and if you are going to ban anyone it should be him. The club acknowledged his statement and unbanned him!! The 5 game ban remained for the chap who's ticket it was even though the other chap accepted full responsibility. He's consequently has/will miss all of the european games.
the personal responsible has to be the ticket holder and the club make that pretty clear.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
the personal responsible has to be the ticket holder and the club make that pretty clear.
Maybe so. But if the ticket holder didn't know his ticket was being used and the person who used the ticket admitted to that being the case it's a little unfair don't you think?

Either way doesn't matter now as he's got one more game to go. Just more of a warning to others that you run the risk of getting a 5 game ban and 50 point deduction if you get caught.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Maybe so. But if the ticket holder didn't know his ticket was being used and the person who used the ticket admitted to that being the case it's a little unfair don't you think?

Either way doesn't matter now as he's got one more game to go. Just more of a warning to others that you run the risk of getting a 5 game ban and 50 point deduction if you get caught.
I have sympathy with anyone being banned. The club should be able to take last minute changes of ownership, there shouldn't be many and log it. If same person does it more than once then maybe evidence they are trying to bypass the process.

Nicks

Happened to me at Wolves away last season.
There is a thread on it somewhere on here.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I was planning: Thameslink to Bedford, then a return from Bedford to Nottm, changing at Kettering. This seems to be cheaper and not significantly slower ... am I missing something?
I do East mids/London a lot.

If you're doing off peak return, ticket splitting, always do it via Kettering and not Bedford, if it tries that, as nearly all trains will stop at Kettering both ways and only the occasional one at Bedford.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I assume the mate that used the ticket was the one that purchased them in first place so already had possession of the ticket. Whilst there is a responsibility on the named ticket holder, if he knew nothing about it then the guy that used it and the son in law should get the ban. Can't quite see how justice is served by banning the guy who didn't even know it was being used. However, if the ticket was actually sent to the named ticket holder, how did the other guy get the ticket?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can't wait to visit the home of UKs greatest clothes designer

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I assume the mate that used the ticket was the one that purchased them in first place so already had possession of the ticket. Whilst there is a responsibility on the named ticket holder, if he knew nothing about it then the guy that used it and the son in law should get the ban. Can't quite see how justice is served by banning the guy who didn't even know it was being used.
You assume correctly. The chap who used the ticket always buys their tickets.

As I said it doesn't matter now as it's nearly done. Just slightly worrying the club have gone gung-ho on issuing bans again because they are selling out every week. They did the same when we had X'000's on the season ticket waiting list but soon changed their tune when that disappeared and people stopped renewing post covid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here