Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Foreign “Brighton fans” on Twitter, Instagram etc….

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
I've got a co-worker who sporadically collects old kits, balls, cones etc from the league he plays in and sends them to clubs in Africa who need it. One of the teams requesting some of it the last time was this team from Sudan:

It might not make up for twitter bellends but how cool is it that an amateur club in Sudan are named after us and use our badge? That's the sort of thing that blows my mind about where we currently are.
Yeah that is very cool. And when I got stopped in Croatia by some lads cos I had a Brighton shirt on and they said “good team”. I thought that was cool, but they didn’t start telling me which goalie we should play or that dahood is a good player !

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Well, i think it's lovely we've got lots of new supporters from all over the world, and feel very lucky and privileged that this is my club, and I get to see our boys in the flesh (fnarr) most weeks, whilst for our new fans for most of them that's just a dream.

Mind you, I don't do social media, so don't know what drivel some of them may have been posting, but I suspect it's a social media thing, rather than a bloody-foreigners-who-do-you-think-you-are-with-your-opinions? thing.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Some of the best reaction videos come from these people, it's great to think that BHA may provide this service to public entertainment in the near future.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It comes with the territory. Nothing to worry about and nothing that can be done.

Mind you, I do get a bit fed up explaining to my teenage daughter that the latest social media diatribes she reads out do not reflect opinions that I see on NSC or hear discussed by Albion fans. Even my 80-year-old mum told me the other day she had "no idea why Brighton fans are so angry with Di Zerbi".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In fairness, they count more than we legacy fans now. In that respect their entitled opinions are valid even if not respected. The game is geared towards them and their needs now come first in every scenario. Legacy fans are just product marketing filler to a large extent. Until ultimately cgi replaced, as sound has been for years.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yeah that is very cool. And when I got stopped in Croatia by some lads cos I had a Brighton shirt on and they said “good team”. I thought that was cool, but they didn’t start telling me which goalie we should play or that dahood is a good player !
Whoever plays in goal for Bundung Brighton, obviously. Clean sheet.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Now I’m not racist (I talk to a black guy at work and he seems ok), BUT I do get wound up by our new fans from far afield slagging some of our players off when they’ve never been to a game and only “support” us because of how well we’re doing.

I know the ‘live and let live’ crowd will hate this post but I think you should have to openly support Brighton 5 years before making a comment on the internet. It will be tough to regulate but we need a way 👊🏻
Now I'm hopefully being whooshed here, BUT :wozza:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm sure there's many on NSC who have been to Old Trafford at least a dozen times supporting the Albion, which would enable them to be classified almost as ST holders at Old Trafford compared to many actual Utd fans.

Just welcome everybody, rather like the Percy fan club, they will move on someday, and we will be left shouting into an echo chamber, chamber, chamber......
I take your point, but any Albion fan wold have done VERY well to watch us at Old Trafford 'at least a dozen times'. We've only played there 14 times, so you'd have to have caught pretty much every one of the games (the first was in 1979).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here