Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Foreign “Brighton fans” on Twitter, Instagram etc….

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
I doubt that is even a joke, (many a true word said in jest and all that)
I think you maybe.

And to prove my point, we have many "new" fans from all over the world - Not one certain ethnic background, so why single one out.

Your a baby boomer aren't you, you sound like my ignorant dad.

Right'O

Having said that, I could have been reeled in hook line and sinker, 🤪
Blimey that’s a forensic breakdown of my post !

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
This is an example (not even the best). It comes from ‘was Pedro worth £30 million). And our man Moaid who has never been near the Amex has the temerity to voice a bullshit opinion. Does my nut.

Attachments

• IMG_9447.jpeg
    IMG_9447.jpeg
    340.3 KB · Views: 189

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Now I’m not racist (I talk to a black guy at work and he seems ok), BUT I do get wound up by our new fans from far afield slagging some of our players off when they’ve never been to a game and only “support” us because of how well we’re doing.

I know the ‘live and let live’ crowd will hate this post but I think you should have to openly support Brighton 5 years before making a comment on the internet. It will be tough to regulate but we need a way 👊🏻
You think they are real, legitimate Brighton fans?! :lolol:

Just ignore them, FFS – and not get wound up by 'people' that aren't what they seem.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
This is an example (not even the best). It comes from ‘was Pedro worth £30 million). And our man Moaid who has never been near the Amex has the temerity to voice a bullshit opinion. Does my nut.
I dont think that poster is the problem here. You should really look into the evil bastard who is forcing you to read all these posts.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hard disagree. "Where's Percy Tau?" being asked with ever increasing anger and bewilderment was hilarious. Not to mention the way certain parts of the world lose their minds when they follow the club's accounts because we've signed a player from another part of the world (e.g. Jahanbakhsh) then we start posting a load of Gay Pride stuff.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Now I’m not racist (I talk to a black guy at work and he seems ok), BUT I do get wound up by our new fans from far afield slagging some of our players off when they’ve never been to a game and only “support” us because of how well we’re doing.

I know the ‘live and let live’ crowd will hate this post but I think you should have to openly support Brighton 5 years before making a comment on the internet. It will be tough to regulate but we need a way 👊🏻
They will only be gone when we are shit again.

So either get used to it, or start getting ready for a trip to the bet365*

*on a more regular basis

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
And in all honesty, it's the UK based fans on Twitter that are the worst. Maybe it's just "fans on twitter" rather than specific demographics?
There is a case to be made that it's just the people on Twitter full stop.

(while I'm here, may I say that it REALLY annoys me when English/British people say PERIOD instead of full stop. It probably shouldn't as much as it does, but here we are :shrug:)

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Same ones are all over facebook 15 mins into a game if we’re not winning……..
Absolutely. I'm always amazed at the amount of people who think we should win every match in the PL. It's quite a tough league...

One trend that I literally cannot stand at the moment (and has resulted in about 15 kids being muted) is people saying "hear me out" and then quoting something thick, a la:

1704456023501.png

Not the best example, but the only one I hadn't muted (until now)

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Absolutely. I'm always amazed at the amount of people who think we should win every match in the PL. It's quite a tough league...

One trend that I literally cannot stand at the moment (and has resulted in about 15 kids being muted) is people saying "hear me out" and then quoting something thick, a la:

View attachment 172268

But posters on here are saying something similar!

Reports he is being offered out to PL clubs with Fulham and Sheff U mentioned. CF/ST obviously isn't one of our priorities for strengthening and he's no spring chicken at 32, but I think he'd definitely be a worthwhile addition to our squad. A really intelligent player who should pick up De Zerbi's style easily and would be a great influence on Joao Pedro and Fergie. Two former teammates already here as well. I'd love to see him turn out for the Albion, even if only a deal until the end of the season.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Were you there when we were really shit???

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

View attachment 172268

The best thing I did on social media was to leave twitter.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I’m trying to think whether I ‘openly support Brighton’ as I would quite like to continue commenting on the club. I certainly don’t hide my support if it comes up in conversation. On the other hand I don’t go to the pub in stripey shorts carrying a 30 feet long flag adorned with a picture of Tony Bloom….
Not a real fan then ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here