Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Foreign “Brighton fans” on Twitter, Instagram etc….

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm sure there's many on NSC who have been to Old Trafford at least a dozen times supporting the Albion, which would enable them to be classified almost as ST holders at Old Trafford compared to many actual Utd fans.
That is beautiful and one I am using against a Brighton born "Massive" United fan, I have been to Old Trafford since 1992 7 times and he has only been once and that was a freebie when my old man who was a season ticket holder at United had a spare from his mate who sits next to him going free and he went up for the one and only time.

How come I have never used that against him yet, I am slipping

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If Twitter was a pub, you'd walk in, take a quick look around, come to the conclusion that 'this place is full of wankers' and walk straight back out
I think it's more like a pub with two separate rooms. Everyone in each of the rooms gets on fine with eveyone else in there, but when someone from room A to room B, the carnage begins. Trouble starts, more room Aers go into B and it all starts to kick off in a never-ending fight.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Am I a foreigner because I live in Malta ?

UK passport holder, first game was 1964.
Am a member and go to at least one game a season at a cost of £300 +

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
In fairness, they count more than we legacy fans now. In that respect their entitled opinions are valid even if not respected. The game is geared towards them and their needs now come first in every scenario. Legacy fans are just product marketing filler to a large extent. Until ultimately cgi replaced, as sound has been for years.
There's a cd-r called "Amex Library" that they pop in for our televisionized games?! 😯
:lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There is a case to be made that it's just the people on Twitter full stop.

(while I'm here, may I say that it REALLY annoys me when English/British people say PERIOD instead of full stop. It probably shouldn't as much as it does, but here we are :shrug:)
I hear you, man. And I feel your pain. Have a nice day.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think you need to have posted on here for five years before we listen to a word you say.
Or
Well, i think it's lovely we've got lots of new supporters from all over the world, and feel very lucky and privileged that this is my club, and I get to see our boys in the flesh (fnarr) most weeks, whilst for our new fans for most of them that's just a dream.

Mind you, I don't do social media, so don't know what drivel some of them may have been posting, but I suspect it's a social media thing, rather than a bloody-foreigners-who-do-you-think-you-are-with-your-opinions? thing.
I suspect you may be, in the inimitable words of Peter Cook (that have been so often imitated) a dirty caah.

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Nothing less than 26 years is acceptable IMHO
If you weren't at the Goldstone in 1972 for the 1-1 draw with Rochdale that clinched promotion ( and you remember that John Templeman scored) you should not be allowed on NSC, to post about Brighton on Fascist Twitter, or to watch matches at the AMEX.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you weren't at the Goldstone in 1972 for the 1-1 draw with Rochdale that clinched promotion ( and you remember that John Templeman scored) you should not be allowed on NSC, to post about Btighton on Fascist Twitter, or to watch h matched at the AMEX.
Noted - I'll start working through the list of c27,500 members now.

I'd appreciate if people could reply to my email promptly as this whole process could take some time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That is beautiful and one I am using against a Brighton born "Massive" United fan, I have been to Old Trafford since 1992 7 times and he has only been once and that was a freebie when my old man who was a season ticket holder at United had a spare from his mate who sits next to him going free and he went up for the one and only time.

How come I have never used that against him yet, I am slipping
Have I ever told you the story of the Master of Sarcasm and Wit? It's a long story and involves a boy being menaced at a circus by a clown who whispers "you're an ugly little boy" to him when ostensibly offering him a sweet or a flower or something. Anyway the boy enlists his pal, the Master of Sarcasm and Wit to join him at the circus the following night to deliver a modicum of comeuppance. The little boy is in a state of exquisite glee when at the ordained moment, as the clown leans in again, the Master of Sarcasm and Wit leans forward and delivers the following unforgettable putdown:

Brace yourself....

Brace.....

"f*** off you red nosed ****!"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Noted - I'll start working through the list of c27,500 members now.

I'd appreciate if people could reply to my email promptly as this whole process could take some time.
I was there.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yeah that is very cool. And when I got stopped in Croatia by some lads cos I had a Brighton shirt on and they said “good team”. I thought that was cool, but they didn’t start telling me which goalie we should play or that dahood is a good player !
So where are you seeing all the stuff you don’t like and could you think about not going there ? I have never read anything written by ‘foreign,’ ‘new’ supporters apart from on here and that has all been pretty interesting stuff from Italy, America and dare I say it Sweden. The objections to the last one certainly weren’t on the grounds of tactical knowledge.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I've got a co-worker who sporadically collects old kits, balls, cones etc from the league he plays in and sends them to clubs in Africa who need it. One of the teams requesting some of it the last time was this team from Sudan:

It might not make up for twitter bellends but how cool is it that an amateur club in Sudan are named after us and use our badge? That's the sort of thing that blows my mind about where we currently are.
That is fantastic. It makes Fascist Twitter almost tolerable.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
In fairness, they count more than we legacy fans now. In that respect their entitled opinions are valid even if not respected. The game is geared towards them and their needs now come first in every scenario. Legacy fans are just product marketing filler to a large extent. Until ultimately cgi replaced, as sound has been for years.
But who cares ? Us legacy fans go to games and that’s all we want to do anyway.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I disagree. Just because you have been to watch a game live does not mean you are more entitled to slag off our players. No true supporter slags off their own players (except when said player is taking the piss and just not trying).

Had you led with just complaining about cock wombles who claim to support Brighton but hate on Brighton players then I would agree. Instead your problem seems to be with foreign people daring to have an opinion.
Why on God's green (soon to be brown all over) earth should foreign people be allowed to have an opinion? It's the thin end of the wedge.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This is an example (not even the best). It comes from ‘was Pedro worth £30 million). And our man Moaid who has never been near the Amex has the temerity to voice a bullshit opinion. Does my nut.
Are you going to Stoke? If not, my vote is that you don't get to have a pov on our club. (and I know you aren't because you've been looking for a stream - tut tut)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here