Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Foreign “Brighton fans” on Twitter, Instagram etc….

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
😂😂😂😂 you just know when it starts with ‘i’m not racist, but..’ it is gonna either be hilarious or cause a shit storm. Incredibly funny post.

In all seriousness tho, yes they are bloody annoying. Foreign plastics are the WORST, though. They have 0 knowledge on our football n football culture.
This is exactly how I feel. Let’s be honest, it’s mainly African football Twitter that seems to have zero idea about British football culture. Us supporting a team that has never won a big trophy and is historically mediocre, and for significant periods a bit crap, is something to be proud of when it comes to proper fan culture. It makes the fact that we’re now decent even more amazing.

It’s doubly annoying that all these numpties seem to have paid for blue ticks, which automatically puts their comments at the top of the list so you have to scroll through before reading responses from proper fans.

Best thing about Chelsea losing is that it keeps them all quiet for a day or 2, and the club’s official account can post stuff without being infested with brain-dead comments about us getting ‘cooked’ . Wankers.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The plastic overseas fans of the so called big 6 are even more annoying. Chelsea “fans” especially seem to comment on every single post the club make with some nonsense about how they are coming for this player, or how we are a small club.

They couldn’t find Stamford Bridge if they were dropped off on the Fulham Road.
100% this.
I have now given up reading replies to Tweets from the official Albion account because of these types.

This is exactly how I feel. Let’s be honest, it’s mainly African football Twitter that seems to have zero idea about British football culture. Us supporting a team that has never won a big trophy and is historically mediocre, and for significant periods a bit crap, is something to be proud of when it comes to proper fan culture. It makes the fact that we’re now decent even more amazing.

It’s doubly annoying that all these numpties seem to have paid for blue ticks, which automatically puts their comments at the top of the list so you have to scroll through before reading responses from proper fans.

Best thing about Chelsea losing is that it keeps them all quiet for a day or 2, and the club’s official account can post stuff without being infested with brain-dead comments about us getting ‘cooked’ . Wankers.

Spot on.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Now I’m not racist (I talk to a black guy at work and he seems ok), BUT I do get wound up by our new fans from far afield slagging some of our players off when they’ve never been to a game and only “support” us because of how well we’re doing.

I know the ‘live and let live’ crowd will hate this post but I think you should have to openly support Brighton 5 years before making a comment on the internet. It will be tough to regulate but we need a way 👊🏻
Yeah let’s work together to stop these fans from far afield having opinions on our players and also make sure our players from far afield don’t have anything to say about us fans goose gander etc

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The plastic overseas fans of the so called big 6 are even more annoying. Chelsea “fans” especially seem to comment on every single post the club make with some nonsense about how they are coming for this player, or how we are a small club.

They couldn’t find Stamford Bridge if they were dropped off on the Fulham Road.
It's like all the knobs you see wandering about Brighton wearing Yankee baseball caps. They wouldn't have a clue where the Bronx are let alone been to Yankee stadium. They like to identify with a brand, a team they see as successful. So we should be flattered that these overseas fans see fit to support Brighton, at least they have good tatse

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's like all the knobs you see wandering about Brighton wearing Yankee baseball caps. They wouldn't have a clue where the Bronx are let alone been to Yankee stadium. They like to identify with a brand, a team they see as successful. So we should be flattered that these overseas fans see fit to support Brighton, at least they have good tatse
My story from Stoke...

We're walking around the stadium towards the away end and I clock a guy wearing the same cap as me. I was going to say something, briefly, but he was engaged in conversation with what I took to be his son.

As we continued our walk he came by us. "Nice cap", he said knowingly. "Where did you get it?" he continued in an American accent.

"When I went to a game a few years back", I said.

"Why there?" he asked.

"Because going to New York and supporting the other lot is like coming to England and supporting Manchester United"

"True" he said, laughing.

He was from New York (but lives here and is an Albion fan) and a born-and-bred fan, whilst I was just doing the opposite to most others, and have my Mets cap to prove it.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
My story from Stoke...

We're walking around the stadium towards the away end and I clock a guy wearing the same cap as me. I was going to say something, briefly, but he was engaged in conversation with what I took to be his son.

As we continued our walk he came by us. "Nice cap", he said knowingly. "Where did you get it?" he continued in an American accent.

"Why there?" he asked.

"Because going to New York and supporting the other lot is like coming to England and supporting Manchester United"

He was from New York (but lives here and is an Albion fan) and a born-and-bred fan, whilst I was just doing the opposite to most others, and have my Mets cap to prove it.
Good man - I supported the Mets when I lived in NYC and your comment about Man U and the Yankees is dead right. A lot of Mets fans refer to the Yankees as the Evil Empire.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If you weren't at the Goldstone in 1972 for the 1-1 draw with Rochdale that clinched promotion ( and you remember that John Templeman scored) you should not be allowed on NSC, to post about Brighton on Fascist Twitter, or to watch matches at the AMEX.
I wasn't born then, but hopefully my forefathers' attendance will be taken into account.

My story from Stoke...

"Why there?" he asked.

Often still wear my Mets t-shirt which I purchased after a game there for $5 in 2007. Absolute bargain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here