Exclusion of a fan following incident at Brighton v Crystal Palace 27/09/11 [Merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Tony Bloom?
Derek Chapman?

Good point.

However, this case is worrying in so far as the club banned the guy without even hearing his side of the story, and before all the witness statements were taken. That is piss poor.

If RH is ex Police, then perhaps this explains why he 'appears' to have taken the word of the Albion supporting Policeman who got involved, rather than the word of other witnesses?

Nov 20, 2003
hove
no no I know they are real fans , but some clubs have reps. from the suporters who can get a balanced view , TLO you would be a good choice know we hand bags in past but I think you and say lord b would be great as fans reps

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Could you invite Hebberd onto your podcast to discuss the matters at hand here?

I had it in mind to invite him on before the end of the season.

I can ask him about clarification of the club's rules regarding exclusion and any right of reply an individual has.

I won't ask him about this specific case - or any other specific case. That is between the person in question and the club.

Feb 21, 2012
I had it in mind to invite him on before the end of the season.

I can ask him about clarification of the club\'s rules regarding exclusion and any right of reply an individual has.

I won\'t ask him about this specific case - or any other specific case. That is between the person in question and the club.

Get both of them on. Tell me that wouldn\'t make one f*** of a show...

NMH is unusually quiet on this topic of stewards and enforcement :D

I'm just reading this thread now actually.
I can't stand 'official' people who think they can sway or divert proper justice - personally I'd prefer to calm things and ask them to just call an end to conflict, unless they showed obvious signs of carrying on in or outside of the club.
Rather stick up for fellow supporters than get them in terruble. That's the way I work in the UK, and that's how I work abroad as well.
WARNINGS ok where necessary, no acting as overbearing cop types.
I'd have to report any steward who acted wrongly or exacerbated problems as well.
It's all for the good of the club in the end.

NO idea what an off-duty policeman is thinking by lieing about an incident - I really don't like police trying to influence people into trouble instead of out of it.
Even if it's a palace fan I don't like them getting a raw deal. I like their team to lose, and if the ref is harsh on them then fine as well.

Anything that gives our club a bad name is out of order - and that especially includes stewarding that doesn't follow defined rules, and sensibility.

NMH is unusually quiet on this topic of stewards and enforcement :D

Incidentally, I imagine you think my stance is against fans. I'm a fan. I was Goldstone North Stand, and I was born and raised round the corner from The Goldstone as well.

I understand and interpret properly the rules I was trained to apply, and I regard fans just like I'm that fan and the way they should be treated. Just the facts.
It's clear why the clubs have to follow health and safety rules, and sometimes that also does include care for people who don't want to stand.....and that's EVEN IF you think that everyone 'should know' that the North Stand want to stand up, or wear a cap in the bar.

Some call that 'wannabe cop' attitude and argue tooth and nail regardless of whether they understand the sense of it or not.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Having read that report the clubs actions are nothing short of DISGUSTING. The Head of Operations (Is that Richard Hebbard?) should be fired immediately in what is nothing short of an attempt to pervert the course of justice. The Coppers account is astoundingly contradictory to everything else, and for the HofO to ban a fan for TWO years, and refuse to communicate, on the back of that is OUTRAGEOUS.

Lastly, WELL DONE to the complainant in question for not being BULLIED by those responsible at the club, and CONGRATULATIONS for bringing the absolute travesty of the clubs behaviour out in the open. I'm tempted to send that report to Tony Bloom himself should there be an attempt to cover it up from him should he not already know how certain people in his employment are treating our supporters.

Jan 30, 2008
Incidentally, I imagine you think my stance is against fans. I'm a fan. I was Goldstone North Stand, and I was born and raised round the corner from The Goldstone as well.

I understand and interpret properly the rules I was trained to apply, and I regard fans just like I'm that fan and the way they should be treated. Just the facts.
It's clear why the clubs have to follow health and safety rules, and sometimes that also does include care for people who don't want to stand.....and that's EVEN IF you think that everyone 'should know' that the North Stand want to stand up, or wear a cap in the bar.

Some call that 'wannabe cop' attitude and argue tooth and nail regardless of whether they understand the sense of it or not.

hark at metal micky :D

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Any tie in with Ken Brown going ?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think he should be fired for utterly disgusting behaviour and would gladly put my name to a petition. Outrageous and indefensible conduct imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports