Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exclusion of a fan following incident at Brighton v Crystal Palace 27/09/11 [Merged]

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It happened, It did
it was sorted Has it?
and lessons were learnt Do you really believe that?
(dont you think.... do you really think the club WANTS bad press?) No, but at the same time they didn't mind banning a fan and destroying his reputation and lying where necessary
... move on. Think this still has legs

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Nothing will happen and history says a certain individula may even take exception to a campaign so be careful. The lack of dialogue is the concerning thing. If the guy who got banned wasn't so persistant it would never of got resolved. It could happen to any one of us is the worrying thing.

Needs to be taken to task over it IMO !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good for an NSCer to get in on the act...

25. As a result of the complainant’s ban having been given an airing on North Stand Chat, an internet fan’s forum, a 1901 club member who works and lives in the Czech Republic responded to the complainant’s sister. The Deputy Ombudsman discussed the matter with the man, who does not know the complainant, but who witnessed the events from his seat, five or six rows behind the Palace fan. He said that the Palace fan had over-celebrated by cheering with his arms in the air when Palace scored, which had caused a very heated situation with fans behind. At the end of the game he saw the complainant go behind the Palace fan and point at him and exchange words, as others had done. He said that there was no physical contact between the two. The big man who had intervened shouted “Leave him alone”; the club member did not see any punch. A little later the club member encountered the complainant at the top of the aisle talking to an official in a suit; the club member had given the official his membership card so his number could be taken and offered to act as a witness, but the club had not contacted him subsequently.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Nothing will happen and history says a certain individula may even take exception to a campaign so be careful. !

Hmmmm wonder if the timing of this release coincides with the increased activity by stewards Tuesday night?

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Having read the whole report I must admit I am ashamed of the club's reaction, from beginning to end. I would hope and expect an apology from the club and that, from now onwards, the role and subsequent reporting of and by appropriate club officials in dealing with such incidents is no longer accepted out of hand. I work in the security business and can assure you that if a "customer" was found to have been treated in this way in my industry sector heads would roll and significant compensation would be likely.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Hopefully as a result of this something might change in how the club operates in future situations like this. I'm not holding my breath though.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
wrong mate it could happen to any one of us at any time at football not just at the amex but any ground ,football fans have very little in the way of human rights now days , the word of a lying steward or policeman is very hard to disprove

I don't disagree with that but the time for action, lobbying and supporting this fella was way before it got to the end. It's over now it's been determined that the club was in the wrong and the guy has been exonerated. I don't see the purpose on going on a witch hunt. If the fella wants some sort of apology, retribution that's up to him. Just a view

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would back from this, more trouble than it is worth

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I don't think I've heard anyone here say anything positive about a certain club member of staff. Having never met the bloke I don't know if it's an accurate representation, or if it's an aura around him that has built up within the confines of NSC. Hopefully the latter, but I'm inclined to think it might be a bit of both.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I don't think I've heard anyone here say anything positive about a certain club member of staff. Having never met the bloke I don't know if it's an accurate representation, or if it's an aura around him that has built up within the confines of NSC. Hopefully the latter, but I'm inclined to think it might be a bit of both.

Same here. It seems he has utter contempt for football fans which makes it a strange career decision for him unless he just wants to make it a uncomfortable exprience for the paying supporter.

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
Having read the whole report I must admit I am ashamed of the club's reaction, from beginning to end. I would hope and expect an apology from the club and that, from now onwards, the role and subsequent reporting of and by appropriate club officials in dealing with such incidents is no longer accepted out of hand. I work in the security business and can assure you that if a "customer" was found to have been treated in this way in my industry sector heads would roll and significant compensation would be likely.

But throughout football there's the pervading attitude of "we know best, supporters are just a know-nothing rabble." Until this viewpoint of supporters as not having valid views and not knowing anything themselves then things won't really change.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think a lot of this is down to " Mr Amex ". No great shock the communication between parties was so poor or non existant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here