Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exclusion of a fan following incident at Brighton v Crystal Palace 27/09/11 [Merged]

deano seagulls

May 11, 2008
Sweeping under the carpet spring to mind. Maybe it's best for everyone to put this to bed now as a bad episode. It's done and I doubt very much any apology from certain people will be forthcoming.

Would you be so keen to sweep it under the carpet if you or anyone you know had been treated so badly? The club need to say something and need to do it sooner rather than later

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Would you be so keen to sweep it under the carpet if you or anyone you know had been treated so badly? The club need to say something and need to do it sooner rather than later

I did not say I wanted it swept under the carpet did I, I said it appears to have been swept under the carpet.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I did not say I wanted it swept under the carpet did I, I said it appears to have been swept under the carpet.

And then said "Maybe it's best for everyone to put this to bed now as a bad episode. It's done and I doubt very much any apology from certain people will be forthcoming."

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And then said "Maybe it's best for everyone to put this to bed now as a bad episode. It's done and I doubt very much any apology from certain people will be forthcoming."

I have said my bit and will leave the thread now. People can do what they see fit.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This is going to get very embarrasing for the club until they give out a statement. That's the problem with undealt with issues in Social Media, its like Piss in the swimming pool, you cant get rid of it. And here this will stay until somone at the club has the GUTS to stand up and say they got it wrong.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
This is going to get very embarrasing for the club until they give out a statement. That's the problem with undealt with issues in Social Media, its like Piss in the swimming pool, you cant get rid of it. And here this will stay until somone at the club has the GUTS to stand up and say they got it wrong.

I get a feeling US is right though and that we will never hear anything about this. I think enough people have tried to get a response to various issues, and subsequently failed, to realise this is the nature of the new beast we are dealing with.
I suspect that, in the eyes of RH, the only thing they got wrong is not making sure everyone gave the same story. Anything else is just to placate the ombudsman.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I get a feeling US is right though and that we will never hear anything about this.

And therefore this thread will remain on PAGE ONE of NSC as read by tens of thousands of customers every day, reminding all, with evidence to support, that Richard Hebbard and his Peers like INSIDER, have no regard for the customers that pay their wages. Customers that believe that the treatment of a fellow customer was nothing short of DISGUSTING, and unnaceptable in the eyes of an independant football body, and would like to see a response from the club.

The piss is in the pool!

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
why should they, he's ONLY a customer :rolleyes:

Only a customer!!

Oh that has been a season ticket holder for over 25 years! It's a disgrace how he has been treated and had his name slandered both at the football club adn in his personal work life. The very least the club could do is release an apology

Feb 21, 2012
And therefore this thread will remain on PAGE ONE of NSC as read by tens of thousands of customers every day, reminding all, with evidence to support, that Richard Hebbard and his Peers like INSIDER, have no regard for the customers that pay their wages. Customers that believe that the treatment of a fellow customer was nothing short of DISGUSTING, and unnaceptable in the eyes of an independant football body, and would like to see a response from the club.

The piss is in the pool!

Amen. Brother.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
RH, needs to sort this out, apologies are the minimum gesture he should make. This smacks of money, as far as RH is concerned there are thousands waiting to take the place of a STH's so why bother putting this right?
Very poor from the club.

Jan 30, 2008
Only a customer!!

Oh that has been a season ticket holder for over 25 years! It's a disgrace how he has been treated and had his name slandered both at the football club adn in his personal work life. The very least the club could do is release an apology
you've completly missed my point :dunce:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Still some things going on behind the scenes Dan....watch this space ???

I'm as guilty as anyone on this thread but, seeing as you know the person involved, is keeping threads like this on the front page helping or hindering him with regards to his discussions with the club?

I have in the back of my mind that he will be under constant scrutiny from now on and any minor infringement will be used to ban him again on the basis that he signed this good behaviour thingy. I can't help but think that he will be made to pay in some way, not only for successfully taking it to the IFO but also for the backlash on here.

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
I'm as guilty as anyone on this thread but, seeing as you know the person involved, is keeping threads like this on the front page helping or hindering him with regards to his discussions with the club?

I have in the back of my mind that he will be under constant scrutiny from now on and any minor infringement will be used to ban him again on the basis that he signed this good behaviour thingy. I can't help but think that he will be made to pay in some way, not only for successfully taking it to the IFO but also for the backlash on here.

I would say probably trying to help the person. If its on the front it won't go away then the club will have to answer.

If the person has been found not guilty of the incident on 27.9.2011 then they have no reason to keep him under certain scrutiny.

That would then mean that the club are harrasing the fan for no reason and as for going to IFO the club left him with no reason for treating him so badly and ignoring his requests for appeal. Also one of the witnesses that the Ombudsmen spoke to who never even knew the banned fan has said that he was not guilty of anything so that also confirms that he isn't gulity and has been treated badly by the club that he has supported all his life.

Also would you be so keen for it to be left if it was a friend or family member of yours?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was thinking about this today. Did the club apologise for overreaction or inappropriate investigations or whatever was the cause of the ban being overturned by an independent commission?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I didnt see it if they did apologise or reinstate. Id imagine the latter. Utterly shameful behaviour from the club reading it again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here