Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exclusion of a fan following incident at Brighton v Crystal Palace 27/09/11 [Merged]

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
one of my best mates,a true bha fan,followed bha all over the country,he has lost so much pleasure in the last few months,but chuffted he was back for the pompey game.
Most people probably would have excepted what the club did,my thats not him,and he wouldnt let it go,the club got in wrong big time,and went down in my estimation on how innocent fans are treated,
as for hebbard he is a joke and im sure wouldnt of been happy with the outcome:dunce:,its a great shame the club are moving in the right direction,but employ clowns like him

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Possibly seek further retribution

Possibly, he has had his ego dented, but he now has form for being economical with the truth and we are now aware that there is independent recourse for the fans, so I can't see what he can do unless you really do something deserving of a ban that can be properly back up with concrete evidence.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am not sure why NSC an independant forum should be concerned about making a complaint ? What retribution are you worried about ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozza why was the original thread regarding this locked down - Did you receive any instructions direct from the club?

Nope. I didn't know (or don't remember why) it was closed. However, I can assure you that I don't censor discussion because the club have asked me to do so.

Do you have a link to it?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Nope. I didn't know (or don't remember why) it was closed. However, I can assure you that I don't censor discussion because the club have asked me to do so.

I think this was the original thread but I seem to recall there was a subsequent thread started by the chap banned outlining the whole inceident & the clubs unreasonable actions, if anyone else can find it would be good.
Lifelong Albion fan banned for 2 years for telling palace fan to shut up in 1901

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
I think were forgetting ourselves here and deluding ourselves if we think were important to this club anymore, were merely just a number now and it's all about money money money and the club doesnt give two shi*s about who has a seat aslong as it's filled. The club would have died without the die hard fans who marched in London, wrote letters, sat in and protested, this football club on the whole seems to have a very very short memory of where we came from.

The club pipes up when they need something like support for the training ground or the expansion and I for one want it as much as the next guy but lets play fair albion, dont shi* on the core that got you here, it may be Blooms money that built the bricks in the stadium but the heart and soul sits in the stands each week and travels far and wide and im sick to death of hearing stories of how the club abandons fans for ridiculous little things.

It's all about £4.20 burgers, expensive pie's and sit down and behave yourself now, fancy gee up music and comfy seats, again dont get me wrong....im loving the AMEX but I hate how certain things are handled and the unproffessional approach to certain situations. Anything other than sitting down and behaving yourself and it appears to be zero tolenrance. Reading this story from the very beginning when it appeared on here all those months ago leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth and those who are accountable for treating fans like this should be ashamed of themselves and be brought to answer themselves. You know who you are Mr Hebberd & co, your a disgrace to this football club and I for one will look forward to the next fans forum where I hope people rip you a new A-hole!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

very strange that,very strange

Feb 21, 2012
I am not sure why NSC an independant forum should be concerned about making a complaint ? What retribution are you worried about ?

The fact people are scared about what they say on this matter is even more concerning. This is a football club, not a fascist dictatorship! People should be able to share their opinions without worrying about \'retribution\' from people who\'s wages we pay! It\'s mind boggling!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I must say I'm slightly concerned with the fact that there is no appeal process without external help.

Say, if one of the stewards had taken random seat numbers last Tuesday night and passed these on and said "they refused to sit down and were abusive", the club then issue a letter and cancel the smartcard because, in their current view, they can. Six months later a fan wins an appeal through external help and by then they will have missed what could be the most exciting run in for years and possibly a play off semi and final.

There has got to be some sort of QUICK and FAIR review process for ALL

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Didn't Harty mediate for some disputes at Withdean, there should be an appeals process in place

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Me , just got back from UK after going to Blackpool and Derby and read this , great news :) :) Ain't been on the site long and already involved in controversy.

Ha ha, I was thinking of Dave in Prague but well done anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here