Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exclusion of a fan following incident at Brighton v Crystal Palace 27/09/11 [Merged]

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
'According to the complainant, the Head of Operations said that he had not made previous contact because the police had contacted him to conduct a formal investigation. He could not disclose any information. '

'The complainant then telephoned Sussex police who could find no record of an investigation.'

Another bit of economy of the truth? This time from the Head of Operations. Who is that?
you are surely not impling that our very own Richard Hebberd maybe shall we say incompetent?! Lol. Think you've hit the nail firmly on the head, and it's him who should be personally apologising to the complainant today!!!!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Actually, I didn't know it was him until I just checked on the official site, lol. I thought he was the Safety Officer.

I should retract everything in case I find myself on fire one day.

Feb 21, 2012
I find this reading very disturbing. It is almost like Nazi Germany...

Basically if certain executives of the club don\'t like you for some reason, they will ban you for something very trivial and refuse to open a dialogue on the matter. I really wonder how they can sleep at night treating people like this.

I wonder if this report had anything to do with a certain person retiring recently. I also personally feel that the man at the centre of this farce (and we all know who he is) should either resign, be sacked or be forced to resign.

Jan 30, 2008
I find this reading very disturbing. It is almost like Nazi Germany...

Basically if certain executives of the club don\'t like you for some reason, they will ban you for something very trivial and refuse to open a dialogue on the matter. I really wonder how they can sleep at night treating people like this.

I wonder if this report had anything to do with a certain person retiring recently. I also personally feel that the man at the centre of this farce (and we all know who he is) should either resign, be sacked or be forced to resign.
what about all the people that have strings attached to him ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
'The steward had taken him to the stand steward at the top of the concourse. There the young steward changed what he had previously said and claimed that the complainant had assaulted the Palace fan.'

What about if the staff lie Beach Hut?

Dismissal for gross misconduct

Feb 21, 2012
I really hope our delightful local rag pick up on this. The people responsible for this are always the first ones to label others as \'scum\' when they are proven to have done something wrong, so I would hope that the Argus names and shames them with the same vigor that they treated certain Albion fans this season...

Feb 21, 2012
Petition to Head of Operations

Following the report published on here earlier today regarding the fan exclusion report, I think we should be collectively calling for the Head of Operations to do one or all of the following;

. Issue a public apology to the fan concerned, and admit he was WRONG and acted in a very unprofessional way.

. Take action against the stewards and off-duty officer, with similar haste in which he acted against the Albion fan concerned with this incident.

. Resign with immediate effect.

Register your support below.

Much love

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I agree with points 1 and part of point 2, however not with point 3.

Mistakes were made, hopefully lessons will have been learned.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I have now finished reading the report for the second time.

Lots of lessons to be learnt here, and firstly I hope the fan concerned has received an apology for the way in which he has been treated.

Let's hope the club gets permissiomn for those 'Away Fan' Hospitality suites ASAP.

Oct 2, 2008
Very good news. This poor guy has been appallingly treated and quite frankly some gesture of compensation from the club would not go amiss. Have to say the clubs handling of this has been terrible. Lesson to be learnt but I fear they wont be.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
wrong mate it could happen to any one of us at any time at football not just at the amex but any ground ,football fans have very little in the way of human rights now days , the word of a lying steward or policeman is very hard to disprove

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
It happened, it was sorted and lessons were learnt (dont you think.... do you really think the club WANTS bad press?)... move on.

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
For me the most damning bit is :

Evidence taken from the Head of Operations and the Safety Officer
20. The Brighton officials told the Deputy IFO that they had been satisfied from the accounts given at the end of the match that the complainant should be excluded, without the need to hear his side of the story.

Quite amazing that action can be taken unilaterally against anyone without them even being given the right to a hearing or a chance to state their case! And an utterly arrogant attitude, too.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Surely the real question here is who owns a Brighton seat and allows a palace fan to sit in it!!!!!!

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Hebberd over reacted and then was too stubborn to change his mind.

Shameful situation, and not in keeping with the way our club usually behave.

TB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here