Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League Ticket Exchange

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed - it was 100% crystal clear before they went on sale that there was no sharing/exchange (planned at the time) so anyone buying should have either knew they could make all three or were knowingly taking a risk on dates (me, for example). I guess most just wanted ‘their’ seat - for any STH there was absolutely no danger at all of not being able to get a ticket for any game.
Of course - everyone knew that, and anyone who bought the three-match pack did so knowing they may miss a game, or more, if the home/away fixture sequence didn't align with other commitments they have.

I mean more that, for the AEK game in particular, there could be a number of people that would buy, say, North or WSU tickets if they could, but they can't as there are none left. Or parents who would like to take young kids, but are reluctant to buy any of the numerous seats available close to the away fans. Meanwhile, there could well be hundreds of three-match pack holders who would re-sell tickets in these areas if they were able to.

It becomes a Mexican stand-off that we've seen before for league games: exchange isn't open as the club still have tickets left to sell, but the potential buyers don't want those particular seats.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It seems to me that the club are in unknown territory here. I thought that the 3 match package was a great bargain - the problem being the unknown quantity of who, when and where each fixture was taking place. I would like to think that the club would be flexible enough to relent on their “no transfer” policy as most of us were taking a flyer as to being able to attend all three home games. Surely it would be a wise solution to enable the those that have paid to be able to either transfer to friends and family or return the relevant match ticket (with no refund) to the club so that they can resell and ensure that the there are no masses of empty seats?
But the club stated very clearly: only buy the three-match pack if you are absolutely sure you can get to all the games.

(Although they did row back on the possibility of an exchange/resale pretty much immediately on the Fans' Forum.)

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Agreed - it was 100% crystal clear before they went on sale that there was no sharing/exchange (planned at the time) so anyone buying should have either knew they could make all three or were knowingly taking a risk on dates (me, for example). I guess most just wanted ‘their’ seat - for any STH there was absolutely no danger at all of not being able to get a ticket for any game.
What @dazzer6666 said (y)

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Of course - everyone knew that, and anyone who bought the three-match pack did so knowing they may miss a game, or more, if the home/away fixture sequence didn't align with other commitments they have.

I mean more that, for the AEK game in particular, there could be a number of people that would buy, say, North or WSU tickets if they could, but they can't as there are none left. Or parents who would like to take young kids, but are reluctant to buy any of the numerous seats available close to the away fans. Meanwhile, there could well be hundreds of three-match pack holders who would re-sell tickets in these areas if they were able to.

It becomes a Mexican stand-off that we've seen before for league games: exchange isn't open as the club still have tickets left to sell, but the potential buyers don't want those particular seats.

Exactly what I was thinking. More chance of selling returned North/WSU tickets than South next to away section.

I'm happy with the amount I paid to see 2 games. I just curse sods law that the fixtures didn't come out different so I could attend all 3. Knowing my luck, that was always going to happen :rolleyes: I just shrugged my shoulders and had a resigned look on my face when the fixtures were announced! C'est la vie and all that.

Let's hope someone at the club looks at this ...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Exactly what I was thinking. More chance of selling returned North/WSU tickets than South next to away section.

I'm happy with the amount I paid to see 2 games. I just curse sods law that the fixtures didn't come out different so I could attend all 3. Knowing my luck, that was always going to happen :rolleyes: I just shrugged my shoulders and had a resigned look on my face when the fixtures were announced! C'est la vie and all that.

Let's hope someone at the club looks at this ...
And that will be the same for all those who bought the three-match pack up front.

I guess it may just a result of living in an affluent part of the country. There were a lot of fans who could afford to take the fixture "gamble". For them it was worth locking in their seats for all games, even if they were unsure they could make it to all of them.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
And that will be the same for all those who bought the three-match pack up front.

I guess it may just a result of living in an affluent part of the country. There were a lot of fans who could afford to take the fixture "gamble". For them it was worth locking in their seats for all games, even if they were unsure they could make it to all of them.
Plus the cost of buying 2 tickets after the 'pre-sale' isn't that much more than the 3 match pack ... so it wasn't a big financial decision.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Plus the cost of buying 2 tickets after the 'pre-sale' isn't that much more than the 3 match pack ... so it wasn't a big financial decision.
We didn't know the individual ticket pricing at that time, but the three-match pack pricing was low enough to make it attractive proposition.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Booked my Brighton hotels for the 3 home matches ( as you never know when there will be a railstrike / I fancy post match beers on the euro nights ).

Rooms for the Marseille match are by far the cheapest.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
We didn't know the individual ticket pricing at that time, but the three-match pack pricing was low enough to make it attractive proposition.
The three-match package was also the only way to ensure getting my 'usual' seat, with friends and family. If I'd waited for 'match-by-match', I'd have been on my tod somwehere else. As luck has it, I can go to all three, but I agree: without an exchange, I think we'll see empty seats, especially in the more popular areas.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What’s actually your problem with this? There’s two weeks to go to the first match. Are you worried that the club will forget to activate the tickets, or what? Who cares whether they activate them now or next week, or in the week of the match. Calm down.
My "problem" - as you amusingly put it - is that I've already been through the aggro of a technology fail with mobile tickets at the Amex and having to queue up at the ticket windows so I reckon the sooner they sort out the tickets the better.

Makes sense to identify "computer-says-no" issues as far in advance as possible.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
My "problem" - as you amusingly put it - is that I've already been through the aggro of a technology fail with mobile tickets at the Amex and having to queue up at the ticket windows so I reckon the sooner they sort out the tickets the better.

Makes sense to identify "computer-says-no" issues as far in advance as possible.
I don’t see that there’s anything to "sort out". The club simply haven’t activated the tickets yet. But if it’s causing anxiety why not simply call the box office and ask?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That's very true ... but I kind of sense we knew we were getting a good deal going for the 3 matches ... that's how I saw it anyway.
It is a good deal indeed. So is this!

IMG_3325.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here