Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League Ticket Exchange

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I can only tell you what I was told. The point of my call to the ticket office was that my daughter had bought the 3 match package but is unable to make two of the games, could she transfer her ticket to her husband as he is an Albion + member and part of her friends and family?

I suppose we just have to wait and see what the club proposes and take it from there.
The ticket exchange is a different process to transferring tickets to 'friends and family'. So even if the exchange opens ... it doesn't mean your daughter will be able to transfer tickets to her husband.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I reckon there may be a fair few people who bought the 3 match pack even though they could only make one or two of the games. They will have done so after persuading themselves it would sell out in about five minutes. The reality is that there are plenty of tickets available for single games. We have bought for the Marseille game in what will be our first visit to the Amex (and first journey to the deep South) for two years combined with visiting relatives. Very much looking forward to it.
Plenty??! Just checked and 183 left for Ajax, the day after STH etc could buy more. Take out the 72 priced at £90, another 60 or more at £70 and that leaves less than 50 left and almost all odd single tickets or right next to the Ajax fans!

Last edited:

DavePage

wasn’t it suggested that if you sold one of your triple pack your remaining tickets revert to post offer prices, so they will win and you won’t make a profit

We'll be launching a ticket exchange for season ticket holders and MyAlbion+ members who have bought three-match packs in due course.
Please note the cost of resale on this exchange will more than likely reverse the discount from the three-match pack.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Is that right? Wow. I realise there could be a multitude of reasons but I just assumed everyone would be busting a gut to see the matches in what could be our one and only European season, particularly as all the clubs we've drawn are of a good standard.
It shouldn’t be too big a surprise. It’s 8pm on a school night, live on TV, and plenty of people have other family priorities, work commitments, holidays or evening classes booked, whatever. Also, it’s easy for you Brighton/Hove dwellers to think nothing of the transport options but plenty of people travel in from some distance and won’t be able to make it midweek.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
1800 left for Athens
184 for Ajax
1625 for Marseille
I'm well aware of the numbers thanks! Are you a politician?

You stated lots left for every game. Completely wrong for Ajax, and those that are available are mainly v expensive with the rest being a few singles or right next to Ajax.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
It shouldn’t be too big a surprise. It’s 8pm on a school night, live on TV, and plenty of people have other family priorities, work commitments, holidays or evening classes booked, whatever. Also, it’s easy for you Brighton/Hove dwellers to think nothing of the transport options but plenty of people travel in from some distance and won’t be able to make it midweek.
I’m lucky because I’m retired but I’m travelling from the west of Ireland. I wouldn’t miss it for the world! Albion in the Europa League - remarkable!

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I’m lucky because I’m retired but I’m travelling from the west of Ireland. I wouldn’t miss it for the world! Albion in the Europa League - remarkable!
Great but are you doing that for all 3 games? That’s the point, that many people will have to pick and choose one or two from the three. Whereabouts in the West are you?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm well aware of the numbers thanks! Are you a politician?

You stated lots left for every game. Completely wrong for Ajax, and those that are available are mainly v expensive with the rest being a few singles or right next to Ajax.
I wrote ‘The reality is that there are plenty of tickets available for single games.’ You even bolded it so no excuse really for not having read or processed my sentence.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I wrote ‘The reality is that there are plenty of tickets available for single games.’ You even bolded it so no excuse really for not having read or processed my sentence.
I read that as any of the games, including Ajax? I think your original point was effectively that the ticket exchange isn't yet needed- but I beg to differ on Ajax, as that has sold out in "about five minutes"!

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I’ve just phoned the Albion ticket office for information about activating the ticket exchange for Europa League home fixtures. I was informed that this will happen but no date confirmed as to when. Apparently it has/will be announced on the official site. Has anyone heard about this or got anymore info?
I can only tell you what I was told. The point of my call to the ticket office was that my daughter had bought the 3 match package but is unable to make two of the games, could she transfer her ticket to her husband as he is an Albion + member and part of her friends and family?

I suppose we just have to wait and see what the club proposes and take it from there.

Not to be pedantic but the ticket exchange and ticket sharing are two separate things.

Ticket exchange = resell your ticket back to the club if the game is sold out
Ticket sharing = transfer your ticket to a member

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I read that as any of the games, including Ajax? I think your original point was effectively that the ticket exchange isn't yet needed- but I beg to differ on Ajax, as that has sold out in "about five minutes"!
I think you are being a bit picky but sometimes there is miscommunication in written exchanges so maybe it’s me. I meant what I said which is that if you want to go to a single game there are plenty of tickets, circa 3600. You’re right that Ajax is much closer to selling out than the other two.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
wasn’t it suggested that if you sold one of your triple pack your remaining tickets revert to post offer prices, so they will win and you won’t make a profit

We'll be launching a ticket exchange for season ticket holders and MyAlbion+ members who have bought three-match packs in due course.
Please note the cost of resale on this exchange will more than likely reverse the discount from the three-match pack.
If that’s the case many who can’t attend a single game probably won’t bother with the exchange - essentially that means you’ll be able to hand your ticket back but won’t get anything for it.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
If that’s the case many who can’t attend a single game probably won’t bother with the exchange - essentially that means you’ll be able to hand your ticket back but won’t get anything for it.
Yep ... and I accepted that might be the case when I bought my pack of three ;)

I wanted to get my season ticket seat alongside people I know. I'd be happy to give my seat away to someone - if there was the facility to do so - without me getting any money back. It's looking like the Athens game might not sell out - although that might be partly due to where the bulk of the remaining seats are. If the exchange were to open, I'd put my ticket on ... more so that someone could have my seat rather than me getting some money back.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’ve asked whether the option to upgrade tickets (under 18 to adult) for any of the games and have been told no, but can essentially buy twice by listing and rebuying on the exchange

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I’ve just phoned the Albion ticket office for information about activating the ticket exchange for Europa League home fixtures. I was informed that this will happen but no date confirmed as to when. Apparently it has/will be announced on the official site. Has anyone heard about this or got anymore info?
On the subject of the 3 ticket package, I purchased this some time back but other than the record of the purchase on my Albion account, there is is yet no sign of a ticket to download...anybody know when this may happen?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here