Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League Ticket Exchange

el punal

I’ve just phoned the Albion ticket office for information about activating the ticket exchange for Europa League home fixtures. I was informed that this will happen but no date confirmed as to when. Apparently it has/will be announced on the official site. Has anyone heard about this or got anymore info?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I’ve just phoned the Albion ticket office for information about activating the ticket exchange for Europa League home fixtures. I was informed that this will happen but no date confirmed as to when. Apparently it has/will be announced on the official site. Has anyone heard about this or got anymore info?
I’ve heard the details will be on the Albion site once the details are finalised.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Will it though ? Circa 1800 tickets still on sale for Athens in two weeks time.
Yep, that's still a lot of tickets available for STHs and MyAlbion+ Members.
I would think that the away match might be similar, with tickets available for STHs and MyAlbion+ Members.

Last edited:

el punal

Will it though ? Circa 1800 tickets still on sale for Athens in two weeks time.
I can only tell you what I was told. The point of my call to the ticket office was that my daughter had bought the 3 match package but is unable to make two of the games, could she transfer her ticket to her husband as he is an Albion + member and part of her friends and family?

I suppose we just have to wait and see what the club proposes and take it from there.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I can only tell you what I was told. The point of my call to the ticket office was that my daughter had bought the 3 match package but is unable to make two of the games, could she transfer her ticket to her husband as he is an Albion + member and part of her friends and family?

I suppose we just have to wait and see what the club proposes and take it from there.
I just meant it’s a long way from selling out and if a game doesn’t sell out then the ticket exchange doesn’t open.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I suppose its the risk we all took knowing at that stage the tickets were non refundable and non exchangeable, not ideal I know as the club would surely want as many seats filled as possible but I guess it'll be like PL home games where the exchange is only opened once the game sells out

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Also worth mentioning that even if the Exchange opens, you may well not manage to sell your ticket. If the match doesn’t sell out until close to matchday that suggests there won’t be a strong last-minute demand for tickets on the Exchange. I get the impression that quite a few of the 3-match purchasers don’t plan to attend all of them so a combination of a sudden glut of tickets with not many buyers = plenty of unsold tickets.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Rather than activate any ticket exchange perhaps they should activate the tickets themselves on peoples smart phones......
You probably know this but, if you're concerned, from 'my account' when you're logged into the Albion website you are able to see all of the games that you have tickets for (including all season ticket matches). The European matches are listed there on mine. I'm paranoid and checked!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Also worth mentioning that even if the Exchange opens, you may well not manage to sell your ticket. If the match doesn’t sell out until close to matchday that suggests there won’t be a strong last-minute demand for tickets on the Exchange. I get the impression that quite a few of the 3-match purchasers don’t plan to attend all of them so a combination of a sudden glut of tickets with not many buyers = plenty of unsold tickets.
Is that right? Wow. I realise there could be a multitude of reasons but I just assumed everyone would be busting a gut to see the matches in what could be our one and only European season, particularly as all the clubs we've drawn are of a good standard.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham

Sorry just to clarify as in same position. Was the answer no you can’t do this and will have to wait for the exchange.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Is that right? Wow. I realise there could be a multitude of reasons but I just assumed everyone would be busting a gut to see the matches in what could be our one and only European season, particularly as all the clubs we've drawn are of a good standard.
I reckon there may be a fair few people who bought the 3 match pack even though they could only make one or two of the games. They will have done so after persuading themselves it would sell out in about five minutes. The reality is that there are plenty of tickets available for single games. We have bought for the Marseille game in what will be our first visit to the Amex (and first journey to the deep South) for two years combined with visiting relatives. Very much looking forward to it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I reckon there may be a fair few people who bought the 3 match pack even though they could only make one or two of the games. They will have done so after persuading themselves it would sell out in about five minutes. The reality is that there are plenty of tickets available for single games. We have bought for the Marseille game in what will be our first visit to the Amex (and first journey to the deep South) for two years combined with visiting relatives. Very much looking forward to it.
Reckon the club cleverly priced the three game package to the point where it was essentially the price of two games, with the third thrown in for free as a bonus. RESULT! if you can make all three :clap:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Reckon the club cleverly priced the three game package to the point where it was essentially the price of two games, with the third thrown in for free as a bonus. RESULT! if you can make all three :clap:
This - My 3 match tickets (both adult and u18) are £5 more than the individual prices for 2 matches. (and I can't make Ajax... :annoyed:)

BUT - the tickets still available for each match are more expensive / worse views than my seats in the North Shelf, so actually worse value.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I'm amongst a number on NSC that are away on holiday for one of the games. I will miss Athens game unfortunately ... but the holiday was booked almost 12 months ago when I didn't really have any idea about European football for the Albion. I was hoping 21/9 was going to be an away game ... sadly it wasn't meant to be!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here