[Albion] English manager

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Ah now we are getting somewhere,
Obviously the best contenders will be at the local parks on a Sunday, there are lots there that shouts an awful lot, so they must be very good, !!!!!!!!

Quick tell OP

I have a very loud voice, just saying

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We need an English manager to progress the good work that has been done....someone who knows the English game, which plainly what the Championship is..

Give an idiot a keyboard.............and he's still an idiot.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I totally agree. I've had enough of foreign managers. We're an ENGLISH team in the ENGLISH Championship. Let's have a British manager and a few less Spanish players.

I wonder how long it would be before you turned up.

No doubt kevthexenophobe will be along soon enough too. :thumbsup:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Fact is only one non British Isle's manager has achieved promotion from the championship and that was someone who had played for a long period in this country (RDM at West Brom).

Oscar is a lovely chap, but a motivator or someone with good contacts in the UK or players know and respect here? I don't think so.

I wish him all the best and will support the team on the pitch but cant see him getting us anywhere unless we spunk loads of Wonga on players.

Aug 23, 2011
I totally agree. I've had enough of foreign managers. We're an ENGLISH team in the ENGLISH Championship. Let's have a British manager and a few less Spanish players.

So a BRITISH manager is ok for the ENGLISH league? Whats the problem with the spanish players? its the british ones that are out injured this year (CMS, Hoskins, Buckley, Bridcutt, Crofts)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We need an English manager to progress the good work that has been done....someone who knows the English game, which plainly what the Championship is..

-21(that really is MINUS TWENTY ONE) on the old "thumbsup/down" is an NSC record for an OP.

Enough said really :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So a BRITISH manager is ok for the ENGLISH league? Whats the problem with the spanish players? its the british ones that are out injured this year (CMS, Hoskins, Buckley, Bridcutt, Crofts)

Indeed. I can only imagine the responses when we get rid of Kusczcak, Calderon, Bruno, Ward, Orlandi, LuaLua, Ulloa........... to satisfy the xenophobes :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Since the start of football - in 1992/93, obviously - the following numbers of trophies have been won by English managers...

Premier League / Premiership - 0
FA Cup - 2 (Royle 95, Redknapp 08)
League Cup - 4 (Atkinson 94, Evans 95, Little 96, McLaren 04)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports