Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] English manager

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We need an English manager to progress the good work that has been done....someone who knows the English game, which plainly what the Championship is..

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Oh, you had me there.

Side splitter.

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
The last 10 years British managers have got the 3 teams into the Premier League apart from Martinez and Di Matteo who have been here for years so know our game!

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Let's get someone who shouts a lot. No other qualification needed. The only way of showing your passion and commitment to a job is by shouting and pointing. Stuart Pearce will fit the bill.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If we were honest with ourself we have the best manager for us. For some reason people just seem to think we should be in the top 6 and winning the FA cup. We are 8th in a much better league than last year, done well toreach round 5 of the FA cup with a man who is less than 9 months into his contract, who missed a lot of the preseason and has had a horrible injury list this year.
Personally might just be me but i am loving life as an albion fan right now.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Let's get someone who shouts a lot. No other qualification needed. The only way of showing your passion and commitment to a job is by shouting and pointing. Stuart Pearce will fit the bill.

Ah now we are getting somewhere,
Obviously the best contenders will be at the local parks on a Sunday, there are lots there that shouts an awful lot, so they must be very good, !!!!!!!!

Quick tell OP

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The last 10 years British managers have got the 3 teams into the Premier League apart from Martinez and Di Matteo who have been here for years so know our game!

In all honesty over that period most coaches were also English. Its only recently more foreign managers have graced the lower leagues. So personally the statistic is very hollow.
Teams need to evolve. Swansea were the best example of this. Took a while to get up after playing and flirting with the play offs for a few years. However were set in there ways and ready for the premier league when it happened. Can see us being like this.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Maybe the Israeli fans thought they needed a Spaniard to win a title?

I honestly do not believe that being English naturally puts you at an advantage to win the league or get promoted. I think parachute payments and a free(er)-spending board help.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I don't know the last English manager to win anything. Can anyone fill me in on this?

Aug 23, 2011
I'm English and a manager (not football) so does that make me better than Garcia? If you could let Tony Bloom know because I'd quite like a go at football management.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I totally agree. I've had enough of foreign managers. We're an ENGLISH team in the ENGLISH Championship. Let's have a British manager and a few less Spanish players.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I would think the whole "British manager" schtick is kind of pointless when the squad is less than half British.
Unless it's a style thing, and then it only makes sense if there's only one, uniquely 'British', way to play football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here