Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enforced sitting in the North stand tomorrow

Feb 14, 2010
Great day and protest and proud to be amongst them with my sis somptingull. Will never forget this day and also the ' leave the ground protest' and also the stay in the north stand stand off with the police after one game... old and young stood together in protest.

I thought it was Hereford at home or was it Darlington at home when people sent up fireworks outside the ground with 20 minutes to go and everyone walked out? I think something the clubs managers have forgotten is that fans actually secretly enjoy these sorts of spats as it gives an excuse for a protest. They are on a hiding to nothing and Poyet will be fuming when silent protests and the like start. Can you (ironically) imagine the Liverpool managers picking such a fight with their fans? Or Leeds, or spurs or frankly most clubs. Someone down the Albion needs to be taken a side and told to wind their neck in.. but something makes me want them not to as from a distance in London, this could turn into comedy gold. Just imagine when the fans start producing open letters to Poyet from fans that are not allowed to create an atmosphere they take for granted at say Leeds or Liverpool. Someone is going to look very, very daft, especially as the 13 clubs have backed safe standing openly.. including palace!

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I sit in the south end of WSL, first thing - the north stand need to get over themselves, yes you make a bit of noise but you're a little stand compared to the rest of us, the majority of fans who see you as essential atmosphere makers is yourselves.

Secondly, since the away fans were shunted round the corner, the south stand Brighton fans have brought a good vocal presence so much so that the Brighton Boys chant now only happens between the south and north. The south do all their singing sitting down. Funny that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought it was Hereford at home or was it Darlington at home when people sent up fireworks outside the ground with 20 minutes to go and everyone walked out? I think something the clubs managers have forgotten is that fans actually secretly enjoy these sorts of spats as it gives an excuse for a protest. They are on a hiding to nothing and Poyet will be fuming when silent protests and the like start. Can you (ironically) imagine the Liverpool managers picking such a fight with their fans? Or Leeds, or spurs or frankly most clubs. Someone down the Albion needs to be taken a side and told to wind their neck in.. but something makes me want them not to as from a distance in London, this could turn into comedy gold. Just imagine when the fans start producing open letters to Poyet from fans that are not allowed to create an atmosphere they take for granted at say Leeds or Liverpool. Someone is going to look very, very daft, especially as the 13 clubs have backed safe standing openly.. including palace!

It's got nothing to do with Poyet. It's the club safety office Chris Baker and Richard Hebberd who are involved. As has been said, a few posts back, do as you're told for a couple of games and it will all go back to normal. Create a fuss now and it will get out of hand.

It was hereford at home that we let fireworks off from my garden for the walkout,A HELPFUL PALACE LIT THE FUSE AND IT NEARLY TOOK HIS HEAD OFF:facepalm:

Mouse28

Nov 15, 2009
MN - how early will you have to leave to avoid being confused with a JLE.

Oh the shame - instead of being a North Stand Martyr (NSM) you'll be seen as a JLE. At least you'll be home early!

Feb 14, 2010
The south do all their singing sitting down. Funny that.[/QUOTE]

This made me laugh. Are you a manager down the Albion? Can you imagine saying that to a Liverpool fan, spurs fan, ect ect.. the Kop do their singing sat down? Just brilliant, the press will love this and with 13 clubs backing safe standing it will be a great topical story for the press as well. From a distance its amazing just how good Brighton's management is at shooting themselves in the foot!

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
If you want to walk out and cry over not being able to stand for the whole game then fine, do it. Just don't ever come back

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Everyone saying that The Kop at Anfield can stand are wrong. The old man has just told me that its one of the most vigorously fought battles including announcements over the PA system to get people to sit!

He can also remember the Kop being told to stop giving Tim flowers stick because of a bizarre goal collymore scored a season before. The announcer duly reminded everyone that "Tim Flowers is an England Goalkeeper and should be given more respect"

Im not sure that would ever happen again especially not the Amex!

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
The south do all their singing sitting down. Funny that.

This made me laugh. Are you a manager down the Albion? Can you imagine saying that to a Liverpool fan, spurs fan, ect ect.. the Kop do their singing sat down? Just brilliant, the press will love this and with 13 clubs backing safe standing it will be a great topical story for the press as well. From a distance its amazing just how good Brighton's management is at shooting themselves in the foot![/QUOTE]

The kop dont allow standing.

Although I am for safe standing areas!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you want to walk out and cry over not being able to stand for the whole game then fine, do it. Just don't ever come back

Agreed this is a total nonsense however the club have not exactly endeared themselves as they did say pre-Amex you could stand up.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Good, hope you enjoy the extra free time you have on your hands.

I'm confused as to why you think Brighton should have a different set of rules to every other club in the Premier League & Championship.

Interesting- we stood all game last week in London:flameboun (all of us)

Feb 14, 2010
This made me laugh. Are you a manager down the Albion? Can you imagine saying that to a Liverpool fan, spurs fan, ect ect.. the Kop do their singing sat down? Just brilliant, the press will love this and with 13 clubs backing safe standing it will be a great topical story for the press as well. From a distance its amazing just how good Brighton's management is at shooting themselves in the foot!

The kop dont allow standing.

The bloke was saying that when the Kop sing, they do sat sat down like the south at Brighton. You know, he knows and we all know that is just wrong. The Kop stand up to sing, as does the south at Brighton. The analogy with Leeds, Spurs and all over the country is a good one. As is the fact that the club have chosen to fight a battle to stop their punters enjoying themselves and creating an atmosphere is the point. If you want to jump up and down like at Man City, then go North stand, if you want a seat, then west stand lower is the place to be. That is why its sensible for 13 clubs to have backed standing. S

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I think we should follow Charlton's lead from last week and celebrate when Buckley got "that" goal against Donny.

So on 90+8 everyone stand up.

f*** THE SYSTEM!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think we should follow Charlton's lead from last week and celebrate when Buckley got "that" goal against Donny.

So on 90+8 everyone stand up.

f*** THE SYSTEM!

Don't be silly, there won't be anybody left at 90+8 especially in the East stand.

Feb 14, 2010
Do you think the firework protest against Hereford, where a firework display was let off outsifde the ground to prompt the start of the protest would meet the "health n safety innit" challenge?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is so moronic. Is there a chance that anyone that gets banned from the Amex today can equally be banned from NSC to save us all from their childish rantings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here