Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enforced sitting in the North stand tomorrow

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I must be getting old but I find it fascinating that the ones who shout loudest sitting at a keyboard find it impossible to shout at a game unless they are standing up.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I must be getting old but I find it fascinating that the ones who shout loudest sitting at a keyboard find it impossible to shout at a game unless they are standing up.

Excellent. :)

Perhaps the club should just hand-out keyboards tomorrow...

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

standup1-216x300.jpg

Oct 2, 2008
I was a season ticket holder in H block at Withdean and what is happening in the North Stand seems to be carrying on the long running stand up/sit down battle with the stewards that to be honest got very tedious. Personally , I got fed up with it and hence chose to sit in the WSU at the Amex. Plenty of singing and no shortage of atmosphere but without all the nonsense. Oh and the view is great. Come and join us !.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm in row q and i am looking forward to a big sitdown. I shan't do it dramatically or rebelliously. The people my side of the aisle generally take a pew. It seems i'm in a bubble of partial respectability. Jolly lovely.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
because standing at football happens at every premier league,championship,champions league,world cup,european cup,and even the f***ing 2012 olympics.
Gus poyet stands every f***ing game as did the whole albion groundstaff and non playing squad/youth team members at withdean.
When will you slow morons get the message,the rules only apply when twattish morons try to implement them .the rest of world football ignore them.

Why would the rest of the world be covered by the law for the UK regarding standing?

Is the law new? - No, so why is it such an issue now and not when it was introduced or any of the numerous seasons since.

Or, if we were to adopt your ignore the law policy for this, what other laws should we start to ignore too? - speeding, theft, assault, rape, murder - just because the law doesn't suit what you want and if enough do it, then what?

What have you done personally to try to get this law changed by those who could actually do something about it?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It's perfectly simple. The club could lose their rights under safety certificate rulings. The club have to be seen as addressing this. If you feel this is solely under Barber's remit then you are a bloody idiot. Stamp your feet and moan all you like. The notoriety of the old Albion North stand reflects in its residents misguided historic rhetoric. So, go on then, walk out. What a hero. We have spent 14 years fighting tooth and nail for our new home, and what we got was something WAY beyond our dreams and you moan like a f***ing little child because you can't stand the whole game. Boo Hoo. There is nothing but gripe after gripe about every aspect of our stadium and it stinks of spoilt brat.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
People like this who cause the problems (not pointing fingers at certain users). Just follow the regulations like everyone else, by all means stand if someone else is in front of you - but sit if there isnt - not hard.

If trouble starts, its because of idiots and it would inevitably effect those who follow the rules while stewards/police pile in or if you stand in front of someone sitting.

It's perfectly simple. The club could lose their rights under safety certificate rulings. The club have to be seen as addressing this. If you feel this is solely under Barber's remit then you are a bloody idiot. Stamp your feet and moan all you like. The notoriety of the old Albion North stand reflects in its residents misguided historic rhetoric. So, go on then, walk out. What a hero. We have spent 14 years fighting tooth and nail for our new home, and what we got was something WAY beyond our dreams and you moan like a f***ing little child because you can't stand the whole game. Boo Hoo. There is nothing but gripe after gripe about every aspect of our stadium and it stinks of spoilt brat.

Brilliant post !!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Originally Posted by Reinelt12 View Post
I find this all rather hilarious in a sad way to be honest... I would love to be at the Amex every other week (But, living 200 miles away, I can neither afford to, or neglect other responsibilities), would be glad to sit in a seat for the whole game, and will support as loudly and vociferously from my seat as I would standing. Same as when I have to listen on Seagulls Player or on SSN. I've been just twice and that makes me very sad, but it makes me even sadder that people who can go every week, and do go, moan about the most ****ing ridiculous things...

Call me JCL or whatever you want, I had a season ticket at Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean, I never moaned about the facilities of either of those grounds either, I was just glad I was able to watch my team every week or so no matter how bad they were.

Originally Posted by The Wookiee View Post
No I will enjoy a stadium I have waited years for, a million miles away from withdean and gillingham. Yes I loved the goldstone but the north stand there and the northstand at the Amex were never going to be the same.

Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Can you post your seat number just so we can check that you go through with this ??
For what it's worth you sound like a silly spoilt child that is only going to be punishing himself

Great posts

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
Why not try a sit down protest like everybody else," I'm going home if they tell me to sit down " etc etc blah blah blah, ffs just sit the f*** down maybe? Fans utd to fans imploding. Good work, before you ask I am a north stand st holder, would it help if barber changed the name to the north sit?

Does anybody know if the entire stand is being made to sit down? I bought my season ticket on the promise the back four rows would be allowed to stand. If this is not the case tomorrow I shall be cancelling my season ticket. I tend to sit down for the majority of the game anyway, it is the principal of what I pay my money for and the increasing piss being taken out of the fans that gets to me. Let people stand up for fucks sake. The fun is being totally and utterly ripped out of this game. 90% of the stadium sits down, the other stands there doesnt seem to be any problem?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here