Enforced sitting in the North stand tomorrow

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not for me followed the Albion since i was 10 always sing always stand if you want a library like the Emirates good for you . Next season away games only for me . You can all sit in silence at the Falmer but i will not be there

yur choice yur decision....me i'd watch them hanging upside down if i had to..fortunately i have a seat having stood for many years at the Goldstone and i can still shout and sing at times...and get off my chair when the action hots up......enjoy missing the Amex

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Go f*** off if you don't like the rules !! Why the f*** should you be allowed to stand when the other 20k in the stadium can't ??? Am I missing something ??

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I accept most on here will disagree with me on this one but the rules are wrong,we are no longer fenced in like we were in the 80`s the events that happened then would not occur now .Modern stadia are very safe places to stand in.One stand in every ground should have standing allowed to get prices down for the average family man to be able to take his kids to the game on a Saturday, as they are in all of the rest of europe.Falmer will be a library by the end of the season if this is enforced

And this is Barbers or the Albions fault how?

It sounds like those who want to speed when driving and using the "cars are much safer now and can stop quicker so i should be able to go faster" and another of those laws that they don't particularly like or agree with so think it shouldn't apply to them.

The law probably does need changing and standing should probably be brought back to grounds in this country but instead of complain at those who can do nothing about it, why not bombard you MP with letters and get others to do so as well and try to get a campaign going to bring about this change.

Once it is allowed by law again, then you can campaign to the Albion and try to get them to introduce it, it is pointless trying beforehand as its completely out of their hands.

But i guess its far easier to blame those who arn't responsible and act like a spoilt child.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Go f*** off if you don't like the rules !! Why the f*** should you be allowed to stand when the other 20k in the stadium can't ??? Am I missing something ??

But to be fair to the OP, Martin Perry did say standing would be allowed in the back four rows.

That position seems to have changed.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Nice abuse from a neanderthal, i would expect no less on this forum,i will fcuk off, enjoy the library

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
As Bozza has already said do not take your frustrations out on the Stewards tomorrow when you are told to sit down, just get your coat and leave the ground in protest , we stand in row Q and are leaving when told to sit and will do every game .Next season away games only for me, some people on the waiting list can have our seats:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:The Falmer will be the library that the Emirates is

Won't be the same without you.

Although, actually...

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I find this all rather hilarious in a sad way to be honest... I would love to be at the Amex every other week (But, living 200 miles away, I can neither afford to, or neglect other responsibilities), would be glad to sit in a seat for the whole game, and will support as loudly and vociferously from my seat as I would standing. Same as when I have to listen on Seagulls Player or on SSN. I've been just twice and that makes me very sad, but it makes me even sadder that people who can go every week, and do go, moan about the most ****ing ridiculous things...

Call me JCL or whatever you want, I had a season ticket at Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean, I never moaned about the facilities of either of those grounds either, I was just glad I was able to watch my team every week or so no matter how bad they were.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Nice abuse from a neanderthal, i would expect no less on this forum,i will fcuk off, enjoy the library

No I will enjoy a stadium I have waited years for, a million miles away from withdean and gillingham. Yes I loved the goldstone but the north stand there and the northstand at the Amex were never going to be the same.

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
Can you post your seat number just so we can check that you go through with this ??
For what it's worth you sound like a silly spoilt child that is only going to be punishing himself

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
I'm sorry I cannot understand the mentality of people who believe they can only sing or shout when they are standing up but when they sit down it instantly makes them mute - does their mouth have an on/off button fitted to their backside?

If people sit at the Amex it will not make it a "library", we sit in WSU and there is sufficient noise and atmosphere.

As with everything in life, if you don't like something then don't go there / don't buy it / don't watch it / don't eat it, etc - just don't keep bleating on about it to others.

A few years ago I had a manager who hated heat, foreign food , germans, french, spanish, italians, etc and still every year he went to Spain for a fortnight summer holiday and then spent the following month moaning about it to anyone who would listen - and indeed also to those who didn't want to listen!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I find this all rather hilarious in a sad way to be honest... I would love to be at the Amex every other week (But, living 200 miles away, I can neither afford to, or neglect other responsibilities), would be glad to sit in a seat for the whole game, and will support as loudly and vociferously from my seat as I would standing. Same as when I have to listen on Seagulls Player or on SSN. I've been just twice and that makes me very sad, but it makes me even sadder that people who can go every week, and do go, moan about the most ****ing ridiculous things...

Call me JCL or whatever you want, I had a season ticket at Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean, I never moaned about the facilities of either of those grounds either, I was just glad I was able to watch my team every week or so no matter how bad they were.

No I will enjoy a stadium I have waited years for, a million miles away from withdean and gillingham. Yes I loved the goldstone but the north stand there and the northstand at the Amex were never going to be the same.

Can you post your seat number just so we can check that you go through with this ??
For what it's worth you sound like a silly spoilt child that is only going to be punishing himself

Good posts.

From all his other posts on here, it seems that @MuttsNuts hates our manager and half the team anyway, so is probably glad for the excuse to piss off.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It's all rather exciting - reminds me of the arse end of the Goldstone days. What was the match where we all left early - Mansfield ?

Hereford.
Mansfield was the game that was boycotted, until half-time that is.

Dusty_Fryer

May 12, 2009
Port Stanley
Hereford.
Mansfield was the game that was boycotted, until half-time that is.

Ah, the Mansfield game. I always remember the bloke who somehow managed to open one set of the big blue doors behind the East Stand, allowing us all to gain access at half-time. Sliced his hand up a good 'un - absolutely covered in claret but grinning from ear to ear! I also remember the stadium announcer asking us to 'retake your place in the East Stand' when we ran across the pitch and occupied the knackered terracing either side of the knackered tunnel. Now, that was a proper response to a real issue!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But to be fair to the OP, Martin Perry did say standing would be allowed in the back four rows.

That position seems to have changed.

The OP said he is in row Q not W Y X or Z.
Let him flounce, I'll stay and enjoy the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports