[Albion] Do we now have a fecking Entitled fanbase?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we now have an entitled fanbase

• Total voters

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And you dont think its the other way around? There is a lot of posts saying "everyone who wants to keep Potter are idiots" etc as well.

He doesn't have answers he picks his team from a ****ing velvet bag. Not a clue

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Rafa please

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No, just sick of losing.

Well, I'll pick on you, because you're one of the better posters on here and the quickest off the blocks. I think you mean sick of not winning. But, if you don't, you're wrong, because we don't keep losing, we keep on not winning.
I think you'd enjoy things better in the Championship, as would I, but this is a sterner test, and it calls for a sterner resolve.

Edit: I'll include [MENTION=35904]A1X[/MENTION] into this too, for precisely the same reasons.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Well, I'll pick on you, because you're one of the better posters on here and the quickest off the blocks. I think you mean sick of not winning. But, if you don't, you're wrong, because we don't keep losing, we keep on not winning.
I think you'd enjoy things better in the Championship, as would I, but this is a sterner test, and it calls for a sterner resolve.

Edit: I'll include [MENTION=35904]A1X[/MENTION] into this too, for precisely the same reasons.

I probably would enjoy being in the Championship more, it's a great league to be in IMHO. This is why relegation doesn't bother me hugely as a fan. My main problem is I'd like us to go down (if we must) putting up a fight, something it feels like we aren't doing right now.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Nope because I read the pre match meltdown about how we had thrown in the towel, which was nowhere near true. But fans who only support us when we are winning are now the norm, sadly

That’s just rubbish, mate. The people I know who support the Albion have supported the Albion everywhere and have supported them for a long, long time. We have all seen the Albion lose a tonne of games over the years. But, not one of us thinks Potter is doing a good job, indeed we are all United in how crap we look and I reckon we all think enough is enough - he’s had the chance and royally messed it up.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'd be curious how many of the current 20% who think we have an entitled fanbase thought the fanbase were entitled to want more than staying up under Hughton?

NotABrightonFan

Sep 21, 2019
Results have been very poor. I'm a Potter fan but I understand the anger and frustration from some fans. Still wouldn't sack him personally. I think the potential under a manager like Potter is higher than most other managers you could get.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
How have we become like this? We were such a united fan base. It felt like under Hughton if we went down we’d go down together. Not so now.

I wanted Hughton out (as many of us did), but I don’t recall anything close to the vitriol that Potter, or his supporters are getting now. It’s another level. There’s a horrible entitled section to our fanbase that’s been cultivated somehow. I’m starting to think it’s just another psychological knock on effect of 2020.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd be curious how many of the current 20% who think we have an entitled fanbase thought the fanbase were entitled to want more than staying up under Hughton?

We had two seasons with Chris Hughton in the Prem. Each season we won 9 games.
We won 9 games under Potter last season & managed to turn a couple of losses to draws. We are almost halfway through this season & have just two wins.
I cannot see where the next win is coming from.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How have we become like this? We were such a united fan base. It felt like under Hughton if we went down we’d go down together. Not so now.

I wanted Hughton out (as many of us did), but I don’t recall anything close to the vitriol that Potter, or his supporters are getting now. It’s another level. There’s a horrible entitled section to our fanbase that’s been cultivated somehow. I’m starting to think it’s just another psychological knock on effect of 2020.

Because Hughton's replacement has proven to be just as bad at this level. Well, unless you think we should get bonus points for style. Brighton and Hove Gymnastic, Diving and Strictly Albion. Nice ring to it.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019

Hughton had credit in the bank, Potter doesn't.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I probably would enjoy being in the Championship more, it's a great league to be in IMHO. This is why relegation doesn't bother me hugely as a fan. My main problem is I'd like us to go down (if we must) putting up a fight, something it feels like we aren't doing right now.

I knew I'd get a decent response from you, so thanks for living up to expectations. The Championship is a great league, far more so than the PL, especially when you're in its lowest reaches.
As to the fight issue, I'm partly with you. I really want us to play with more intensity, to press the opposition more and better, and to move the ball forward quicker. But I don't think we lack desire, we just lack players with sufficient quality and the right attributes.
We do seem to be on a downward spiral at the moment though, and it's not immediately obvious how to shift things around. I get that changing the manager is the most obvious, I'm not entirely convinced it will achieve anything positive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports