Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we now have a fecking Entitled fanbase?

Do we now have an entitled fanbase

• Total voters

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We had two seasons with Chris Hughton in the Prem. Each season we won 9 games.
We won 9 games under Potter last season & managed to turn a couple of losses to draws. We are almost halfway through this season & have just two wins.
I cannot see where the next win is coming from.

Fulham at home, we're bound to beat the teams below us....

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
You’ve kind of answered your own question. People are frustrated because we should be doing better. One win at home in a calendar year is an appalling record irrespective of how nice we play in areas of the pitch that have no impact on a game. Most fans are realistic about expectations but I really thought this year would be one of some progression. But it’s another relegation battle but one where we seem to have little fight in us.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Don't be silly, I've just watched a home game against a very underperforming Arsenal with all the strikers on the bench.

If I'm entitled then I'm entitled to see at least one striker start the game.

He's lost the plot.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We won 9 games under Potter last season & managed to turn a couple of losses to draws. We are almost halfway through this season & have just two wins.

Likewise, just cannot see us winning a home game this season though we might snatch another away one

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
The question should be.
Do we have an overly loyal or stubborn or arrogant belief in our management team?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
How have we become like this? We were such a united fan base. It felt like under Hughton if we went down we’d go down together. Not so now.

I wanted Hughton out (as many of us did), but I don’t recall anything close to the vitriol that Potter, or his supporters are getting now. It’s another level. There’s a horrible entitled section to our fanbase that’s been cultivated somehow. I’m starting to think it’s just another psychological knock on effect of 2020.

Simple, no win at home all season and one win at home in 2020, Potter is an arrogant prick with a bullet proof contract from Bloom.

Hughton managed 6 home wins in the first half of the 2018/19 season we were virtually safe by Feb. Hughton's sacking was knee jerk

and will come back to haunt Bloom.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Interesting post given the measured history of your contributions.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
How have we become like this? We were such a united fan base. It felt like under Hughton if we went down we’d go down together. Not so now.

I wanted Hughton out (as many of us did), but I don’t recall anything close to the vitriol that Potter, or his supporters are getting now. It’s another level. There’s a horrible entitled section to our fanbase that’s been cultivated somehow. I’m starting to think it’s just another psychological knock on effect of 2020.

You just asked and answered your own question. Like the team, the ‘togetherness’ has gone due to the current manager. The players have lost it and so has a lot of the support. You running around to every thread defending Potter and thinking we should all be thankful to him is just delusional. You need to grow up a little and stop telling genuine supporters that have been around a lot longer than you how they should react to the current manager, almost certainly taking us down. To tell fellow supporters that they were happy that Arsenal scored displayed your immaturity.
Accept that, what is becoming the vast majority are not happy with the current situation and don’t think the manager is up to the job!
You obviously have a different opinion and are happy to be relegated!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Simple, no win at home all season and one win at home in 2020, Potter is an arrogant prick with a bullet proof contract from Bloom.

Hughton managed 6 home wins in the first half of the 2018/19 season we were virtually safe by Feb. Hughton's sacking was knee jerk

I do respect your opinion in that you’ve been very consistently Potter out for a while.

But how is GP being “an arrogant prick”? Explain that. Whatever you think of him as a coach, he seems a gent, much as Hughton was.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Bloom rushed into a six year deal for this clown, not his finest moment which now makes it financially difficult to sack him.

For a very, very switched on businessman, it is looking like a very silly mistake right now.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
I do respect your opinion in that you’ve been very consistently Potter out for a while.

But how is GP being “an arrogant prick”? Explain that. Whatever you think of him as a coach, he seems a gent, much as Hughton was.

Watch his interviews back..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The irony is that, having been beaten by Arsenal, NSC is just like Arsenal TV (after a defeat) tonight. I wish I could see you all on screen being interviewed. It would be just as funny....if we weren’t the Albion :down:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Agree with this the second season is notoriously hard going for promoted sides, Chris Wilder for example isn’t a bad manager it’s the nature of the beast which is the PL. Hughton had earned a chance at a third season IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here