Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we now have a fecking Entitled fanbase?

Do we now have an entitled fanbase

• Total voters

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Hughton had credit in the bank, Potter doesn't.

Getting Ostersunds from barely National League South level to barely Div 1 level and one season at newly relegated Swansea, where he successfully steered them to 10th position, playing pretty football. Lets be honest folks, it was a total gamble. No real experience, no pedigree. Someone heard a conversation about him and fell for the hype. The man management skills, the degrees, all very compelling. A studious deep thinker who talks calmly.
Yes, we all fell for it.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Sorry you're beginning to annoy the **** out of me. WE have been here a ****ing long time before you. Your boy is ****ing our/my team up. I don't need to show you any reason why but for one fact ONE 1 ONE (get it) ONE ****ing win at home.

He comes on, sucks his teeth talks crap and then picks his next team blindfolded. Want to protect him? Good ****ingluck

He asked a good question though, politely.

Why the need to swear and be abusive to another poster?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Getting Ostersunds from barely National League South level to barely Div 1 level and one season at newly relegated Swansea, where he successfully steered them to 10th position, playing pretty football. Lets be honest folks, it was a total gamble. No real experience, no pedigree. Someone heard a conversation about him and fell for the hype. The man management skills, the degrees, all very compelling. A studious deep thinker who talks calmly.
Yes, we all fell for it.

He won the Swedish cup and beat Arsenal:dunce::clap2::rave::love:

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just curious if you are able.

You just can't justify anything your man is doing at present. He's losing it big time and has NO answers.

This club is far too big for him and though he maybe a nice man he and his coaching staff are not enough for the EPL .Needs to fall on the sword.

Come on in Rafa

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I could bang on about Archer, Gillingham etc etc but I’ll just ask the question anyway

You can ask the question despite how dumb it is! People are allowed to express their concerns without being being called ' bed wetters ' or be accused of entitled

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Do you think we don't deserve to win because 25 years ago we had it rough?
I'm not expecting us to win every match but now and again scraping a home win would be nice before our inevitable slide back down the football pyramid.

I could bang on about Archer, Gillingham etc etc but I’ll just ask the question anyway

God you sound pretentious.

Absolutely not. That's behind us now and we should have been pushing for top 10 in the best league in the world, but we are not, despite having just enough resources (bar a very good finisher), to reach that target.

I love Potter's ideas and some of our build up play is excellent and I blame the players as much as him, but leaning more towards Potter at fault than the players we currently have.

However, for simply wanting us to achieve bigger and better things in the league that we have now become established in, does not make us entitled.

When fan's say, 'well think of how far we have come', to justify their opinions against others, it really does look cringey. We all know where we have come from, however, we are here now and should be doing much better than the shit that's been shown to us this season. We are staring relegation in the face for f**ks sake!

Get a grip.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sorry you're beginning to annoy the **** out of me. WE have been here a ****ing long time before you. Your boy is ****ing our/my team up. I don't need to show you any reason why but for one fact ONE 1 ONE (get it) ONE ****ing win at home.

He comes on, sucks his teeth talks crap and then picks his next team blindfolded. Want to protect him? Good ****ingluck

I really dont care if you have been moaning and spouting shit for ten minutes, ten days, ten years or ten decades. I dont care that you booed Sir Albert Dinkelstein on some away game in Wrexham 1952. It doesnt matter to me if you did that or if you watched your first game from the cradle two weeks ago. When it comes to you and others I really just judge from the shit you express here. I get along nicely with the people, even oldschoolers, on here who are not filled with hate and poor attitude from the bone marrow out.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He asked a good question though, politely.

Why the need to swear and be abusive to another poster?

I apologise, however I'm annoyed about the blindness to see the obvious failure to see the basic, well, obvious :)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No of course we don’t, we have a fan base frustrated by some high quality players, bizarre team selections, poor performance, bad luck, against the some of the best players in the world week in week out.....

It’s hard to take....

Even in our worst ever year staring relegation from the football league, I could turn up at the Goldstone and think we had a chance of victory, that we would score, that getting into the final third we would ping that ball into the box and hope it would cause confusion and we could capitalise on an error.....

Not now, we pass back, we try and draw some of the best players out of position and an opening will become available, then whoosh we are in and bang we have scored.....

But alas, we just don’t have the quality, teams know we play well and are happy to let us do that, because bingo we are open, predictable and easy to counter against, we don’t have that passion that desire that urgency anymore, I miss that, we miss that.....

I beginning to hate the premier league, I’m frustrated with the results, I’m not sure where the passion is....

Maybe it’s down to COVID, maybe this is our one get out from the shitty existence we all have to deal with, and it’s just too much for me to deal with at the moment, I’m not happy,I’m sad, I’ve nearly given up.....

Because I feel they have....

2021 please be feckin better, please....

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
At the moment this feels like a relegation season. The previous 3 didn't as it felt we were up for the fight. I don't know if Graham Potter can get us out of this situation, but I am not sure getting rid of Potter is the answer for our long term ambitions.

As of today, I am bracing myself for a relegation. I just hope that Tony has a plan to cover us financially if we do go down.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton

Is any of that necessary?

We all have different opinions, I back Potter, you clearly don't. But what has anyone done to deserve the personal abuse?

And as for the comments about Potter, hes done nothing to lead anyone to believe he is anything but a decent man. Lost both parents last year but soldiered on. Comment on his ability all you like but he deserves respect. Bloom gave him the big new contract, he didn't ask for it.

If we end up finishing 12th after signing a clinical striker will you still feel this hatred for someone you've never met personally?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I really dont care if you have been moaning and spouting shit for ten minutes, ten days, ten years or ten decades. I dont care that you booed Sir Albert Dinkelstein on some away game in Wrexham 1952. It doesnt matter to me if you did that or if you watched your first game from the cradle two weeks ago. When it comes to you and others I really just judge from the shit you express here. I get along nicely with the people, even oldschoolers, on here who are not filled with hate and poor attitude from the bone marrow out.

Fine

As long as you realise the boy you adore is not up to it.:)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There is, in my view, a subtle difference in the way we view/viewed the CH and GP times in charge. With CH, I always felt that if we were relegated with him in charge we would stick with him and I was confident he'd get us back up again (yes, even after a very bad half season). Even when we stayed up, I thought that with a couple of strong CMs who could control and boss games and get up into the area and chip in with a few goals we'd be good to go again; OK, Uncle Tony thought different, and to be honest I wasn't too pleased about that at the time - but that's the past now.

With GP, it feels different - if he fails to keep us up, I don't feel at all confident that he'd get us back up again - and I don't feel a couple of new players (unless they're De Bruyne and Aguerro!) are going to turn our fortunes round. I hope I'm wrong, because I know TB has put a lot of faith in this project, but I'm afraid I'm definitely fence now

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
God you sound pretentious.

Absolutely not. That's behind us now and we should have been pushing for top 10 in the best league in the world, but we are not, despite having just enough resources (bar a very good finisher), to reach that target.

I love Potter's ideas and some of our build up play is excellent and I blame the players as much as him, but leaning more towards Potter at fault than the players we currently have.

However, for simply wanting us to achieve bigger and better things in the league that we have now become established in, does not make us entitled.

When fan's say, 'well think of how far we have come', to justify their opinions against others, it really does look cringey. We all know where we have come from, however, we are here now and should be doing much better than the shit that's been shown to us this season. We are staring relegation in the face for f**ks sake!

Get a grip.

I utterly agree with most of your post :clap2:

Where i fundamentally disagree however is that we should be pushing for top 10. We spent 900k on the first team in the summer (whether loss of income was the reason I dont know) but that is not a credible amount for a team with lofty aspirations.

Look at what Villa, Leeds, Everton and Wolves all spent...thats the level we are competing with to be top 10. Without the big money striker or the absolute gem through the youth team we can't hit that level yet.

The football is good but limited by the lack of cutting edge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here