Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we now have a fecking Entitled fanbase?

Do we now have an entitled fanbase

• Total voters

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Are we relegated then?

Not sure really, it’s the hope that kills you as they say... I’d say we’re going to need three worse sides than us - again... it’s all too reminiscent of CHs last season... we’re poor in a different way, but still shockingly average. GP was hailed as a progressive appointment, his is progressive in a tales from topographic oceans way... overwrought, overtly complex, self indulgent...

It’s dressed up in a glorious gatefold, but the actual music therein, is simply put: meh.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don’t think it’s entitlement to be frustrated by our current slump in form. We’ve won a solitary game at home this calendar year and that’s simply not good enough in my book. I don’t expect top 10, but I do expect us to show passion, to show urgency and to compete against the teams around us. Our recent performance against the latter have been worrying to say the least. Four points against Fulham, West Brom, Burnley and Sheffield United (the bottom placed team who played for an hour with ten men...) is just not good enough.

I’m still Potter in, but unless he is backed in the transfer market then we’ll be lucky to stay up.

Ah ..a bit more of a reflective post...I wouldn’t argue with that ..

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don’t think so, we just have fans like all others, who want 5heir team to win.

Results affect the mood - If we’d won 1-0 then everything would have been okay..

The fact is we didn’t. [emoji30]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's not what you were expecting, but you're not surprised? :lolol:

Nope because I read the pre match meltdown about how we had thrown in the towel, which was nowhere near true. But fans who only support us when we are winning are now the norm, sadly

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Get a grip Icy, we're just not good enough collectively for a Las Vegas league as it all currently stands.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quite simply, we are going backwards.

I’ve never got onboard with Potter, so I’ve not had any expectations. I see nothing to inspire me.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I could bang on about Archer, Gillingham etc etc but I’ll just ask the question anyway
Barber does exactly what you do, we win a few and he can’t wait to get on talkshite and talk about long term ambitions. Lose a few and he’s let’s remember where we came from. You and the club are basically trying to make supporters feel some kind of guilt for thinking one home win a year is nothing but atrocious and we should be ashamed of ourselves for wanting a little bit more than the shite Potter is serving up.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
I voted yes, because I think we do. And could even throw myself into that.

However, those who remember those 3 ******** should remember the financial perils. Relegation during a pandemic is financial Armageddon for a club still relying on subsidies from its owner who’s main source of wealth is based on the betting industry..

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I could bang on about Archer, Gillingham etc etc but I’ll just ask the question anyway

Yes. Because we were awful 20 years ago we should just suck up never winning football matches and relegation with a smile on our faces. I mean how ungrateful to not do otherwise? Horrible horrible fans.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Perhaps now you could 'bang on about' how wrong you've been about Potter instead?

Enjoy the humble pie, I hear it's excellent with a bit of humility. If you dine with [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION], @Vagebond, [MENTION=14669]LlcoolJ[/MENTION] maybe one of you 'eats free'?! :dunce:

NB: you have not been charged for this totally deserved big fat 'I TOLD YOU SO'.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Barber does exactly what you do, we win a few and he can’t wait to get on talkshite and talk about long term ambitions. Lose a few and he’s let’s remember where we came from. You and the club are basically trying to make supporters feel some kind of guilt for thinking one home win a year is nothing but atrocious and should be ashamed of ourselves for wanting a little bit more than the shite Potter is serving up.

I have been very pro Potter since the game we lost heavily at Man City last season. Nothing has changed :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nope because I read the pre match meltdown about how we had thrown in the towel, which was nowhere near true. But fans who only support us when we are winning are now the norm, sadly

I’ve been a fan for 60 years. There have been managers I dislike & managers I’ve loved. I dislike Potter.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Entitled? No - and it's deluded to think that we are, Disappointed, certainly - we really thought we had a good squad at the start of the season, and hoped to make a bit - yes, that's right - a bit of progress, but it always seems to be a case of one step forward (which we invariably tend not to take!) and two steps backwards.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

But as you've been told over and over, most of us don't only support us when we win. Hell, we are Brighton fans - losing is what a lot of us are used to but if we don't ask questions when our form is so awful, when are we allowed? Your support for Potter is laudable and may yet be proved correct but lashing out at every fan who disagrees is getting very annoying.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I’ve been a fan for 60 years. There have been managers I dislike & managers I’ve loved. I dislike Potter.

Best hope he doesn’t turn it around and keep us up then

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Of course not. We've won one home game in 2020,and 2 games this season, with a squad certainly capable of being higher up the league. No matter what league a club is in, a significant section of its fanbase are going to be pretty fed up. Any fans forum under the same circumstances would be absolutely the same tonight.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Bringing up the late 1990s is absolutely insane, what relevance does that have decades later? Is that always going to be the benchmark, Icy? Utterly stupid thread, sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here