Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Burke

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
What does he think about the other clubs such as forest who are ignoring FFP, and how strongly does he believe that the league will go through with the penalties which they have promised? Also, what kind of benefits will be looking at when the other clubs are punished? (Such as financial rewards)

That question posted is a good one and like others, get us some clarity on who has the final say in signing players.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This.

There's an awful lot of assumptions there which I don't wish to waste time him having to correct.

Those are his questions that you have asked us to put. Are you suggesting you will edit or censor these questions ....in which case, why didn't you say...."give us your questions, but we will only use ones we want to ask him"

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Those are his questions that you have asked us to put. Are you suggesting you will edit or censor these questions ....in which case, why didn't you say...."give us your questions, but we will only use ones we want to ask him"

I asked for sensible questions - not loaded, assumptive ones with an agenda attached.

Of course I have to edit the questions to make them pertinent.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I asked for sensible questions - not loaded, assumptive ones with an agenda attached.

Of course I have to edit the questions to make them pertinent.

In your opinion? Did you think my questions were loaded? I think they are perfectly pertinent!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In your opinion? Did you think my questions were loaded? I think they are perfectly pertinent!

See post 35.

As Oscar stated he was interested in Barcelona B players but said the club could not afford them. How is this the case when they cannot surely be on more than either Bridge, Vicente and even Dobbie were on last season.

"They cannot surely be on more than....' Again, assumption.

I would actually love to know the wage demand and transfer fee comparison between Barca B and similar, The Championship and fringe players in the Premier League. So that we no longer have to assume. Could you ask that?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I do think its fairly reasonable, when as Tony Bloom said we are aiming for a top six finish, to ask why we have gone into the season with only two strikers.

We are overloaded with midfield players, and yet have bought in more.

I expect we will have a striker in soon, but it does appear that we were unprepared for any injuries.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I do think its fairly reasonable, when as Tony Bloom said we are aiming for a top six finish, to ask why we have gone into the season with only two strikers.

I expect we will have a striker in soon, but it does appear that we were unprepared for any injuries.

You could also ask why the phrase ''something different'' is trotted out as a excuse..oops sorry i mean reason why no one was signed...when surely its also a question of providing cover to someone we already have..for example big strong striker covering Leo's position.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I also think it's perfectiy reasonable to ask it. So I will.

But I won't do it on the back of an assumption or accusation of incompetence.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Since there is a lack of quality questions being suggested perhaps you give us an idea to the type of questions that you intend to ask.Cheers.

porterr

Jan 7, 2007
I think the club should be commended for being so clear and unambiguous in regards to FFP and its clear implications.We have a current situation that is not ideal from a playing prognosis, but remember it is only temporary, and come the New Year we will have ( hopefully) a fully fit team, fresh and would of adapted to Oscar's football philosophy. My question is in Mr. Burke's dealings with other clubs especially those with clear premiership ambitions, how are they approaching FFP, and does he get the clear impression that they give it credence above their own individual circumstances.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I would like to know when he was quoted by the Argus as saying before the loan window opened "The Seagulls are content with their work in the summer transfer window and head of football operations David Burke confirmed fans could expect to see quick action in the loan market.
He said: “We have always got players lined up and we have got three forwards injured
"

When he says they are lined up does he mean that: 1) He and Oscar agree that the players will suit our style. 2) The players are within the clubs budget 3) He has been in contact with the players club and the players are available. And not just that his data base has identified players within his criteria and generated a list? 4) Also what is his definition of quick action.?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
When he arrived he talked of introducing an “elite off-field structure” within the club… How far down that road does he think we are? Is there anything he would change about what he’s done so far? Did the GP’s departure affect this challenge and if so in what way and to what extent?

Also

Is there anything inherent he sees at BHAFC which sets us apart from his previous employers, either offering us a greater opportunity or a greater challenge to achieving this elite status?

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton

Seeing as its me who writes and asks the questions ..........

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
See post 35.

Are those your answers?

If so they are your opinions and with all due respect, your opinions are not required, his are! I thought that was what you asked for!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
His Linkedin profile states;

"Managing the football aspects of the Club,on behalf of the Chairman working closely with the head coach and CEO, including:

Player and transfer negotiation.
Player budget
Player audits
Scouting and recruitment
Performance analysis
The Academy and player development
Player support services, education, welfare and liaison
Kit management
Women and girls elite football"

Simple question - Does this mean that decisions are taken by DB, PB & OG "on behalf" of TB, or is there a level in the list where TB has to be consulted?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here