David Burke

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Fair enough we all have our own opinions.
My point is that he is in charge of player recruitment and we have been left with 1 striker so he needs to at least let us know why. That is his job right??? I am defo not being presumptive about that.
Don't let him off too lightly with his normal excuse about Hoskins and CMS as they were both expected to be out for ages so we started the season with 2 fit strikers which I am sure most of us believe is not enough.

You're still being accusatory, and saying he isn't doing his job.

Us not having signed a striker doesn't follow he hasn't found one. It's not only down to him.

I'll ask him about the striker situation, if it hasn't been sorted by then, but not on the back of your presumptions of his incompetence.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sorry its not meant to be overly aggressive or loaded but just some hard hitting questions which I think he should answer as the club is left with 1 fit striker and his job is player recruitment.

I really would like to know if he got in touch with Vicente and what his thoughts were on player recruitment from Barcelona B as Oscar did mention that he would like some of them over here???

Might be a good idea if you find out who David Burke is, what he does, and what his credentials are, before asking such heavily loaded and insinuating questions. Of course, if you don't know much or anything about him perhaps you could look him up, or ask, or if that is beneath you, just don't ask. Ignorance is bliss.

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
cool look forward to hearing what he says and I know you say its not all down to him but he is head of player recruitment and so he is slightly accountable for us being down to the bear bones in the striker department.

Good luck with the interview

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
You're still being accusatory, and saying he isn't doing his job.

Us not having signed a striker doesn't follow he hasn't found one. It's not only down to him.

I'll ask him about the striker situation, if it hasn't been sorted by then, but not on the back of your presumptions of his incompetence.

So does that mean I am wrong in assuming he is head of player recruitment??? maybe you could set me straight then??

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So does that mean I am wrong in assuming he is head of player recruitment??? maybe you could set me straight then??

He's Head of Football Operations.

One of his responsibilities is the administration of player contracts and acquisition.

To say he has sole responsibility for 'player recruitment' is wide of the mark. He works as part of a team, which includes the Board of Directors and the Head Coach.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
cool look forward to hearing what he says and I know you say its not all down to him but he is head of player recruitment and so he is slightly accountable for us being down to the bear bones in the striker department.

Good luck with the interview

In fairness, I don't think it was DB who caused the injuries to Leo, CMS and Will Hoskins.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
TLO: could you (light heartedly, and with a huge dose of ironic humour) ask if DB will be contacting Cardiff's Mr Apsalyamov to see if he has got any great tips that a head of recruitment could use?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Here's his job roles prior to Albion,

Scouting & Recruitment Department Manager at Southampton Football Club
Elite Scout (South East England and Europe) at Manchester City Football Club
Talent Identification and Recruitment Manager at Fulham FC

So he's always been the manager for scouting or recruitment at his previous jobs. Would that not be his job here but under a different title? I may, obviously, be WAY off the mark so apologies if so.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Having coached in youth football for many years I was always sad that we did not use enough ex players at the center of excllence ,many of the past coaches have never played the game at a high level and we have missed a real chance to bring in guys who have who themselves have gone through the accadamy system and can pass on that valuable experience.im thinking of players like chippy ,guy butters who do stuff for aitc but sadly not at the c of e, thanks hbz

You do not have to have been a horse to be a good jockey

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Three questions from me:-

1) How big is the "database" of potential player signings, ie do they keep details on literally every player contracted to a football league/Premier club, plus others from non-league/abroad, or only players that have come to their notice for some reason (ie through scouting reports).

2) What is the process that takes a player from merely being in the database, to being an actual target (eg it has become known that Jon Obika is [was] a firm target. What role did Oscar Garcia and/or his coaching team play in that?)

3) How regularly do you meet with Oscar Garcia? Has OG's appointment led to any changes in how the scouting process works? Did the requirements of a new manager (head coach) affect the way the Football Operations department conducted it's business, or was there a seamless change from Poyet to Garcia?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here