Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Burke

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
How much statistical analysis is undertaken on potential recruits and do you put particular importance on data of this type?

What sort of statistics do you believe are most important? i.e. pass completion, shot accuracy etc.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How much statistical analysis is undertaken on potential recruits and do you put particular importance on data of this type?

What sort of statistics do you believe are most important? i.e. pass completion, shot accuracy etc.

And added to that, what degree of investigation is taken into potential signings' work ethic / character / off the field habits? Does the club use it's network of contacts to gather informal 'character references'? If not, i suggest they start, *cough* Dobbie *cough*.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What is the most difficult/challenging signing he has been involved with in his career.

What signing is he most proud of being involved.

How are colleagues of his at other clubs in the Championship finding FFP ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How does it feel knowing that an amount of bedwetting simpletons can all do your job better than you, even though they don't know what the job entails, and what constraints you work under?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Charming! Perhaps we/they should all bow to your superior intelligence or maybe just give up having an opinion?
Calm down dear.

We all know the opinions are fine, but they very rarely stay that way, esp on here.

I don't understand how so many can produce FACTS about the man's day to day job, without actually knowing what he's been specifically charged to do, or what remit that is under.

Naturally by that I don't mean what is reported in the press or worse still on here.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Charming! Perhaps we/they should all bow to your superior intelligence or maybe just give up having an opinion?

What I think he means is that others have damned him (Burke) without knowing what he does, nor how he goes about it, and are judging him on limited criteria.

I've got to be honest, I don't know what he does on a day to day basis (that's not to say no-one else does, of course), so I'm going to ask him stuff hoping for some education and enlightenment.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Does he live in Rustington?
If so, does he live near my brother?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Why did we stop giving new signings fitness tests?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Why does everyone here assume he spends the entire season just drinking tea and not whatever he supposed to be paid for (which is obviously a stupid assumption but seems to be prevalent)? *

*this is a not a question for Burke or Barber by the way, but rather for the gimps here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why does everyone here assume he spends the entire season just drinking tea and not whatever he supposed to be paid for (which is obviously a stupid assumption but seems to be prevalent)? *

*this is a not a question for Burke or Barber by the way, but rather for the gimps here.
Careful you don't want people assuming you have superior intelligence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm with the fella yesterday that said your posts are nauseating or whatever term he used. I guess you think you are being amusing and to some I suppose you are.
They weren't too nauseating when I was sorting out the gear ration on my wife's bike.

Oh and FWI, yesterday I was boring :thumbsup: :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fixed for you
Cheers, I was in the right area, obviously just couldn't spell excruciatingly.

It does have a nice ring to it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Does he think there is a correlation between the low level of qualified coaches in the country and the number of foreign players in the top divisions?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why do you buy crap players?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here