Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Burke

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why would it be a shame to prepare his answers?

Sorry, that post doesn't make sense.

Quite - and anyway he doesn't know which, if any, you'll ask.

I would seriously like to know why we prioritized midfield signings over another striker when JFC and Ince have also been given a chance. Of course it may be that we didn't and we just weren't able to find the right player at the right price - but would be good to have this on record.

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
I have a few questions here, hopefully one of them will be good.

With Oscars connections in Spain and Israel why have you not used these to try and get players in from those nations?? As Oscar stated he was interested in Barcelona B players but said the club could not afford them. How is this the case when they cannot surely be on more than either Bridge, Vicente and even Dobbie were on last season. If wages were the case why waste what little we have on players like Conway who at best will be squad players when we could get some magical players in with some careful planning?

In the first 2 seasons we spent a lot on transfers and even in January 2013 we spent £2 million on Ulloa, why have we not signed a single player this summer for a fee when we have the biggest attendance in the football league by a long way, We sell the most pies and beers etc so according to that we should have the best revenue in the football league so why cant we sign any players?????

Another question is we lost Bridge, Vicente, Hammond, Harley, Dicker,Painter and got a fee for Dobbie in the summer this must have cleared up masses of wages, why has this not been reinvested into new players?

Did you speak with Vicente about a return after he said he would be willing to come back this August. I hope you at least spoke to Oscar about his availability and if not why not?

You keep saying you have a list of players the club is looking at etc but this striker situation has been going on for months and you keep promising we will get a new striker, so what is happening with your strategy as it does not seem to be working. We are left with one part time striker and only had 2 at the start of the season. How can you explain the lack of activity in the market or do you just not have the correct contacts and influence for a top championship club?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have a few questions here, hopefully one of them will be good.

With Oscars connections in Spain and Israel why have you not used these to try and get players in from those nations?? As Oscar stated he was interested in Barcelona B players but said the club could not afford them. How is this the case when they cannot surely be on more than either Bridge, Vicente and even Dobbie were on last season. If wages were the case why waste what little we have on players like Conway who at best will be squad players when we could get some magical players in with some careful planning?

In the first 2 seasons we spent a lot on transfers and even in January 2013 we spent £2 million on Ulloa, why have we not signed a single player this summer for a fee when we have the biggest attendance in the football league by a long way, We sell the most pies and beers etc so according to that we should have the best revenue in the football league so why cant we sign any players?????

Another question is we lost Bridge, Vicente, Hammond, Harley, Dicker,Painter and got a fee for Dobbie in the summer this must have cleared up masses of wages, why has this not been reinvested into new players?

Did you speak with Vicente about a return after he said he would be willing to come back this August. I hope you at least spoke to Oscar about his availability and if not why not?

You keep saying you have a list of players the club is looking at etc but this striker situation has been going on for months and you keep promising we will get a new striker, so what is happening with your strategy as it does not seem to be working. We are left with one part time striker and only had 2 at the start of the season. How can you explain the lack of activity in the market or do you just not have the correct contacts and influence for a top championship club?

Sadly, no, none of them are 'good'. They are all loaded, and smack of a negative agenda. Why, having agreed to give up his time to appear on a fans' show, be prepared to give decent answers to spiteful questions?

Edit: Actually, I partly take that back. the question on Vicente is a fair one.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sadly, no, none of them are 'good'. They are all loaded, and smack of a negative agenda. Why, having agreed to give up his time to appear on a fans' show, be prepared to give decent answers to spiteful questions?

This.

There's an awful lot of assumptions there which I don't wish to waste time him having to correct.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I think it depends how you read them. If you take them as curiosity rather than accusational - and I have no idea how they were meant, then they don't seem unreasonable questions, but I think they not ones he'd be able to answer openly.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Our level two academy is a huge thing for the club, will the new training ground be level one ready should the academies be reassessed in the future? Also will we be looking to headhunt coaches from other successful academies (Gary Issott perhaps!) or rely on training up our existing coaches. Is coaching recruitment a priority?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Marmite.

Does he hate it or love it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think it depends how you read them. If you take them as curiosity rather than accusational - and I have no idea how they were meant, then they don't seem unreasonable questions, but I think they not ones he'd be able to answer openly.

You think that THIS, is a fair, non-loaded question!?

How can you explain the lack of activity in the market or do you just not have the correct contacts and influence for a top championship club?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
With Oscars connections in Spain and Israel why have you not used these to try and get players in from those nations??

We don't know he hasn't - he has assumed this. So I'm not going to ask him on that basis.

As Oscar stated he was interested in Barcelona B players but said the club could not afford them. How is this the case when they cannot surely be on more than either Bridge, Vicente and even Dobbie were on last season.

"They cannot surely be on more than....' Again, assumption.

If wages were the case why waste what little we have on players like Conway who at best will be squad players when we could get some magical players in with some careful planning?

A matter of opinion. Even if people have made their minds up about him already, that still misses the point.

In the first 2 seasons we spent a lot on transfers and even in January 2013 we spent £2 million on Ulloa, why have we not signed a single player this summer for a fee when we have the biggest attendance in the football league by a long way, We sell the most pies and beers etc so according to that we should have the best revenue in the football league so why cant we sign any players? Another question is we lost Bridge, Vicente, Hammond, Harley, Dicker,Painter and got a fee for Dobbie in the summer this must have cleared up masses of wages, why has this not been reinvested into new players?

I guess the FFP statements, and the Club Accounts passed him by.

A reasonable point, but I'm not going to ask it in such an accusatory way.

Again - highly accusatory, and presuming a level of incompetence without knowing all the facts.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I'd be interested in his career in general. Not a lot seems to be known about him. A brief overview would be interesting to many I'm sure.

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
Sorry its not meant to be overly aggressive or loaded but just some hard hitting questions which I think he should answer as the club is left with 1 fit striker and his job is player recruitment.

I really would like to know if he got in touch with Vicente and what his thoughts were on player recruitment from Barcelona B as Oscar did mention that he would like some of them over here???

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sorry its not meant to be overly aggressive or loaded but just some hard hitting questions which I think he should answer as the club is left with 1 fit striker and his job is player recruitment.

I really would like to know if he got in touch with Vicente and what his thoughts were on player recruitment from Barcelona B as Oscar did mention that he would like some of them over here???

They're not hard-hitting - they're presumptive and loaded.

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
They're not hard-hitting - they're presumptive and loaded.

Fair enough we all have our own opinions.
My point is that he is in charge of player recruitment and we have been left with 1 striker so he needs to at least let us know why. That is his job right??? I am defo not being presumptive about that.
Don't let him off too lightly with his normal excuse about Hoskins and CMS as they were both expected to be out for ages so we started the season with 2 fit strikers which I am sure most of us believe is not enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here