Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace win LMA Performance of the Week

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
League Managers Association

The League Managers Association five-man Performance of the Week panel, comprising LMA Chairman Howard Wilkinson, Sir Alex Ferguson, Joe Royle, Dave Bassett and Barry Fry, were in agreement that this week, the F&C Thames River Performance of the Week Award should go to Crystal Palace following their excellent 3-1 away win against Brighton & Hove Albion in the npower Championship on Tuesday 27th September 2011.

Palace manager Dougie Freedman will receive a specially engraved crystal football in a presentation to be screened on Sky Soccer Saturday on 1st October 2011.

:lolol: :thumbsup:

Just to make it feel even better. :D

Unlucky chaps, looks like your deluded bubble has just been burst by the mighty Eagles!!!

That's what you get for David beating Goliath.

Sent from between Susannah Reid's thighs via Tapadream.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What for winning an award for anhillating our rivals 1-3? Yeah real shameful.

Lol, you lot are unfuckingbelievable. You are so f***ing deluded it's unreal.

It's just an away win. We beat Cardiff 3-1 away from home a month ago. I'd say that was more impressive, not that we need anyone to tell us so. It's nice that everyone is putting us on a pedestal though and lovely that your so pleased about beating the tinpot club you clearly seem to think that we are.

See you at Selhurst for that AMAZING atmosphere that so outdoes the GAYMEX. I remember it from last time. There were some dancers... or something... maybe a drum? Some wankers all upset in red and blue shirts maybe...

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
i know there playing West Ham at the Weekend who are probs favs for the league and we dont like them much, but i hope they f***ing spank palace

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Firstly, I'll apologise- I really, really tried not to come on here and gloat- but the tempation was just too strong!

I love the fact that you're claiming that we won 'our cup final', as if you would have just taken it as any old game if YOU'D deccimated us as we did you! And before you all have a go at me for being smug and arrogant, I've had to put up with it for months now from you lot, so for me this is just a large slice of karma, and I am going to revel in it for as long as I can.

A few words on your team and ground. It's a nice ground, and when your fans get going it's pretty daunting. I won't bother mentioning the fact that this rarely happened (oops, just did) and all that, as you know it yourselves. I was disappointed with your team though, you're very one dimensional and once we'd snuffed you out you hardly had a chance. Dunno if it was a massively poor performance, but from all the people saying I was gonna get a 'surprise' when I see us play you, I did: you were crap!

I'll just end this on a rather amusing t-shirt now on sale to Palace fans: Five Year Plan Fanzine - FFS MURRAY t-shirts now available to order! | News - The alternative voice for Crystal Palace fans EEEEEEEEaaaaaggggllllllleeeeesssss

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Firstly, I'll apologise- I really, really tried not to come on here and gloat- but the tempation was just too strong!

I love the fact that you're claiming that we won 'our cup final', as if you would have just taken it as any old game if YOU'D deccimated us as we did you! And before you all have a go at me for being smug and arrogant, I've had to put up with it for months now from you lot, so for me this is just a large slice of karma, and I am going to revel in it for as long as I can.

A few words on your team and ground. It's a nice ground, and when your fans get going it's pretty daunting. I won't bother mentioning the fact that this rarely happened (oops, just did) and all that, as you know it yourselves. I was disappointed with your team though, you're very one dimensional and once we'd snuffed you out you hardly had a chance. Dunno if it was a massively poor performance, but from all the people saying I was gonna get a 'surprise' when I see us play you, I did: you were crap!

I'll just end this on a rather amusing t-shirt now on sale to Palace fans: Five Year Plan Fanzine - FFS MURRAY t-shirts now available to order! | News - The alternative voice for Crystal Palace fans EEEEEEEEaaaaaggggllllllleeeeesssss

months you joined in August ffs

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Who are you playing on Saturday, out of interest? You'd better not lose it, that would be classic "after the Lord Mayor's show" wouldn't it?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003

Thanks for the faint praise.

The "hilarious" t shirt has already been mentioned in another thread,

and btw - we are still above you in the League table.

:bigwave:

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
months you joined in August ffs

I know Brighton fans too, who have been giving me the whole delusion that you were good, and your fans were great?

I can honestly say that I don't care too much what happens against West Ham, I want us to win like every other game, but that result won't be added to the history books, it is insignificant and separate from Tuesday.

FYP is a Palace fanzine, and that t-shirt is based on a pretty funny video taken by a Brighton fan watching the Murray goal. The only disappointment was that Glen didn't do a lap of the field kissing his badge, but oh well.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Thanks for the faint praise.

The "hilarious" t shirt has already been mentioned in another thread,

and btw - we are still above you in the League table.

:bigwave:

Not for long if you play like that every week. I mean this constructively, but you are achingly one dimensional.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I know Brighton fans too, who have been giving me the whole delusion that you were good, and your fans were great?

I ant being funny how can you come on here and knock a team about support when you cant even sell out half ya stadium let alone all of it, so do me a favour mate and f*** of with the your support is shit bollocks, when ya can sell 20odd thousand tickets every week then come back and give it the big i am ffs

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
I ant being funny how can you come on here and knock a team about support when you cant even sell out half ya stadium let alone all of it, so do me a favour mate and f*** of with the your support is shit bollocks, when ya can sell 20odd thousand tickets every week then come back and give it the big i am ffs

Did I hit a nerve? Sorry, I just thought that support was based on creating an atmosphere as well as numbers. And can you really count people who walk out at 2-1 down against their rivals as 'fans'?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Not for long if you play like that every week. I mean this constructively, but you are achingly one dimensional.

Absolutely, that's why we're so gutted because we can play SO much better (as you saw in the first twenty minutes), whereas I'm not entirely sure that you can.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I won Terry Wogan impersonation of the hour at around 4.52am on April 18th 2002. I've got a large-eared trophy somewhere signed on its base by one of the people who used to do his make-up for Wogan. There was a post-it-note in the packaging that must have fell from the cup that said "I mostly made him look a little green under his insistence."

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Did I hit a nerve? Sorry, I just thought that support was based on creating an atmosphere as well as numbers. And can you really count people who walk out at 2-1 down against their rivals as 'fans'?

It would be hard to tell if this would happen at Selhurst, given that there are empty seats EVERY week although I do seem to remember people streaming out to the chorus of "cheerio, cheerio, cheerio" the last time we played there.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Absolutely, that's why we're so gutted because we can play SO much better (as you saw in the first twenty minutes), whereas I'm not entirely sure that you can.

I'd say we can- I was worried that with our centre midfield pair of Jedinak and Wright we would get overrun, but despite the fact that neither played particularly well, your midfield was shocking. With Marrow, Garvan and Clyne back, a lot of our weaknesses will be plugged up. I'm already looking forward to the next game, hopefully another spanking awaits!

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011

No ya ant hit a nerve just love it how palace come on here and give it the big i am about support yet have piss poor attendances every week.

goldie31

Sep 29, 2011
I thought Palace were the worst League side seen at the Amex this season - which just goes to show how crap we were Tuesday.

a tad bitter, we controlled the majority of the match. You scoring so early was the best thing that could have happened to us. Freedman can be negative and to "defensive minded" so it really was a blessing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here