Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace win LMA Performance of the Week

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'd say we can- I was worried that with our centre midfield pair of Jedinak and Wright we would get overrun, but despite the fact that neither played particularly well, your midfield was shocking. With Marrow, Garvan and Clyne back, a lot of our weaknesses will be plugged up. I'm already looking forward to the next game, hopefully another spanking awaits!

Or perhaps it will be a performance like the one at Donny at the weekend? Who knows eh? Just goes to prove you can't judge a team by one performnace doesn't it.

As for a spanking, were you in Kemp Town after the game?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
No ya ant hit a nerve just love it how palace come on here and give it the big i am about support yet have piss poor attendances every week.

Laughable isn't it, but that wonky warehouse shite seems to have stopped now they've seen it with their own eyes. The future's bright, even if one night in September was shit.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Again, form is temporary, class is permanent.

We are a superior club, don't forget it.

Class is permanent, is it? So what happened to your class? Be magnanimous in victory and gracious in defeat. I concede that, on the night, Palace were the better side. The next forty games or so will determine which is the better side overall.

Use of words like "scum" is what causes the violence in the streets that we saw on Tuesday. Do yourself a favour: read a book and give yourself the basis of an education. Then you might learn how to be a good winner. Then you might learn the true meaning of the word "class".

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Will just like to remind you of the league table with us perched 4 points above you, cheers

We are a superior club, don't forget it.

thought I'd add the relative away records this season as well......even if we got beat at Ipswich our away record is superior...... when does Gus get his LMA, mickey mouse medal?

29ygum9.jpg

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
In a weird way it's quite enjoyable reading these threads knowing that we'll be able to bounce them at the end of the season. "He who laughs last, laughs longest". This is as good as it's going to get for Palace.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You could be 24 points perched above us but it matters not.
We farking hammered you in a derby. Our derby.

And that's all that mattas!
Innit?
No, I'd rather finish the season above you. That might not happen, you might finish above us, but we fight for points ever week.
And you didn't equalise until the 80th minute, and didn't take the lead until the 89th, so it's hardly hammering us is it. You won the game fair and square, but that's all. Kidding yourselves that you are class or that you hammered us doesn't change the facts.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I agree that you were the better side on Tuesday but it took you 80 minutes to show it against a truly appalling display by the Albion. Other teams have shown us much better football than Palace - I cannot fault your teams effort but I did think they looked lower league material compared to others I have seen.

That's why the defeat was so hard to take - we should have buried you.

This thread is rather silly and childish by the Palace guy (no need for the gay jibes mate) but this post is crazy. I work with a Brighton season ticket holder who has followed Albion for 18 years, he said we we're quality and gave you a lesson. Too say we didn't is soar grapes.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
This thread is rather silly and childish by the Palace guy (no need for the gay jibes mate) but this post is crazy. I work with a Brighton season ticket holder who has followed Albion for 18 years, he said we we're quality and gave you a lesson. Too say we didn't is soar grapes.

It was a bad day at the office.

The fact you took until the 80th to score says you're not as good as you think you are.

And we are STILL above you in the table.

:moo:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

you didn't nige, he is being honest..... you were good second half, but you were made to look better by a totally abject and against the grain, Brighton peformance.

You will never score a goal like your second this season again, it was presented on a Silver tray. That was in 89 mins.

You won and we were worse on the night (or you were better/take your pick), but you're trying to make up shit to build a big shiny Monument of alleged superiority around what is actually nothing more than a good 70 mins blip (against an abject display) etched onto the terrible Palace away record.

you're not suddenly world beaters.

Your best, met our worst and you won it at the death

Last edited:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
you didn't nige, he is being honest..... you were good second half, but you were made to look better by a totally abject and against the grain, Brighton peformance.

You will never score a goal like your second this season again, it was presented on a Silver tray. That was in 89 mins.

You won and we were worse on the night (or you were better/take your pick), but you're trying to build a big tower around a very unsuspected blip on the terrible Palace away record and make out you're suddenly world beaters. Your not.

Your best, met our worst and you won it at the death

Our best? I don't think so Pete, no Clyne or Garvan for starters and our best football is normally saved for Fortress Selhurst, 4 defeats in 30 games. Come on Pete, the fact you did that stupid table graphic shows you are desperate, have some of that humble pie tonight that I recommended, you will feel a lot better, I promise.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Our best? I don't think so Pete, no Clyne or Garvan for starters and our best football is normally saved for Fortress Selhurst, 4 defeats in 30 games. Come on Pete, the fact you did that stupid table graphic shows you are desperate, have some of that humble pie tonight that I recommended, you will feel a lot better, I promise.

You all said Garvan was toliet before?

I'd tell you to shove the pie up your arse, but being from Brighton maybe I should shove it up my own!

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You all said Garvan was toliet before?

I'd tell you to shove the pie up your arse, but being from Brighton maybe I should shove it up my own!

To be fair to the lad, he has been class this season before his injury. Gus can spot a good player to be fair!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Not really, I just means we played really well - as in completely outplayed you, wiped the floor with you, played you off the f***ing pitch.

We completely and utterly outclassed you both on the field of play and in the terraces.

Are you collecting the 'knows f*** all about football' award at the same time?

You outplayed us in the last ten - f*** all from your team or fans before that

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Are you collecting the 'knows f*** all about football' award at the same time?

You outplayed us in the last ten - f*** all from your team or fans before that

Come on! We dominated possession and created a fair amount. Apart from your goal, we restricted you to one half decent effort at Speroni and a dangerous KLL cross. Counter that with the below for us;

Murray's chance 1st half, very close.
Williams effort 1st half, just over bar.
Murray's header 2nd half.
McCarthy header 2nd half cleared off line by CMS.
Zaha shot 2nd half, wide by a whisker.
Plus the 3 goals. And that's just off the top of my head and I'd had 6 pints before the game!

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Would we have got performance of the week if we had won 3-1 away to Palace? I doubt it to be honest.

Without a doubt Palace were better than us on the night and deserved the win.

Despite playing better than us though, you didn't really threaten as such until late on in the game, up until then we were pretty comfortable and you didn't really look like scoring until the second half of the second half.

You guys played very well, but that is by far the worst performance we have seen from Brighton probably for about a year. We would have been beaten by half of the League 1 teams from last season playing like that.

Let's just wait and see where we both are at the end of the season. The league table never lies, whoever finishes higher out of the two deserves ultimate bragging rights.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Rather spend my holiday in Bognor Regis than Br*ghton. It's a nicer place and there's less chance of being anally bum raped.

If you let me know where in Bognor you're staying I'l pop round and take your cherry.

sickasaseagul2

Sep 29, 2011
The hardest thing to take is that it will always be remembered that our fist league loss in the new stadium was against Palace

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here