Russell, Jacob Luke
Russell, Jude Thomas
Sakho, Mamadou
Townsend, Andros
Van Aanholt, Patrick John Miguel
Ward, Joel Edward Philip
Wickham, Connor Neil Ralph
Woods, Samuel John

Looking at that list, I make only 7 of them got any minuets on the pitch last season and there is a lot of freed up salary to boot.

And of those 7 its only Cahill, McCathy, Townsend, Dann and Ward I would have kept, So if we can get 2 or 3 of those to re- sign its not quite as bad as painted.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Lots of in the knows here who seem to believe PV was a long way down the list of choices for manager. Who knows who was offered the job and how much was paper talk? I certainly dont. All the talk of the number of players out of contract is also misleading, as many of those are not first team regulars, or have been regularly injured. Its certainly going to be an interesting season, as the players adapt to a new manager, but I hope PV gets a fair chance before the whingers and moaners start looking for his head. Who knows, BHA may well finish above us this year, but for now, I will take finishing out of the bottom 3. COYP

The Palace spin machine is out in force again I see.....

What a complete shambles of a club you are... It's about time you CHEATS were relegated

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
we have managed to clear some hefty wages though for players that were contributing little. Much will depend on what frame of mind WZ is in, if he is "forced" to stay, and whether Benetke really did just make an effort to secure a new contract and will return to being Meh. Certainly a challenge for PV. ( I dont think the work permit delayed things too long compared to what looks like general dithering)

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
I am certainly not part of the CPFC spin machine, just trying to be realistic about our situation

Where have we cheated on this particular occasion?

Or are you still harping back to the last admin?

Meanwhile the penguin continues to bank roll your fine upstanding example of a club in its shiny new stadium with its award winning concourse, pies etc.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
we have managed to clear some hefty wages though for players that were contributing little. Much will depend on what frame of mind WZ is in, if he is "forced" to stay, and whether Benetke really did just make an effort to secure a new contract and will return to being Meh. Certainly a challenge for PV. ( I dont think the work permit delayed things too long compared to what looks like general dithering)

But shouldn't you then be asking why Beaky is shelling out "hefty wages" for "players that were contributing little".

That doesn't sound like an astute businessman to me. More akin to someone totally out of their depth.

Please let us know what his explanation is as we are all enjoying the fun..

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Aveiro, Brandon Paulo Vale
Bryon, Lewis
Cahill, Gary James
Clyne, Nathaniel Edwin
Dann, Scott
Flanagan, Kian
Gonzalez Quintero, Kevin
Hale, Harlem Kenroy
Henderson, Stephen Francis
Hennessey, Wayne Robert
Hobbs, Lewis James
Luthra, Rohan
Matthews, Alfie Jacob
McCarthy, James Patrick
Russell, Jacob Luke
Russell, Jude Thomas
Sakho, Mamadou
Townsend, Andros
Van Aanholt, Patrick John Miguel
Ward, Joel Edward Philip
Wickham, Connor Neil Ralph
Woods, Samuel John

Looking at that list, I make only 7 of them got any minuets on the pitch last season and there is a lot of freed up salary to boot.

And of those 7 its only Cahill, McCathy, Townsend, Dann and Ward I would have kept, So if we can get 2 or 3 of those to re- sign its not quite as bad as painted.

Aren't you looking at this the wrong way around? I'd be more concerned with looking at who is left, rather than who has been released. The first team squad listed on Wiki is shorter than this list and, of the 18 players listed, seven played less than ten games last season, at least one is a long term injury absence and another has (yet again) publicly announced that he wants to leave. Getting two or three of the old boys to sign, would fill gaps, would take the over thirties contingent in the squad back into double figures and would still leave you half a dozen or so short of the 25 man squad.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I am certainly not part of the CPFC spin machine, just trying to be realistic about our situation

Where have we cheated on this particular occasion?

Or are you still harping back to the last admin?

Meanwhile the penguin continues to bank roll your fine upstanding example of a club in its shiny new stadium with its award winning concourse, pies etc.

That told us. Touche.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Can I remind you of CMS, Locadia, Jahanbaksh etc, who it would seem didnt live up to their expensive price tag and probably over the top wages

Or did I imagine that?

I must have done because I keep forgetting that BHA are the model club against which all others should be compared

Find yourself a wealthy benefactor who is prepared to donate millions of pounds to the club to give them a shiny new stadium and players to get them promoted to the best league in the world and gradually climb up the table playing exciting and entertaining football that other managers praise you about, before making into Europe, while giving any other club that tries any other way to succeed the name tinpot

:)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can I remind you of CMS, Locadia, Jahanbaksh etc, who it would seem didnt live up to their expensive price tag and probably over the top wages

Or did I imagine that?

I must have done because I keep forgetting that BHA are the model club against which all others should be compared

Find yourself a wealthy benefactor who is prepared to donate millions of pounds to the club to give them a shiny new stadium and players to get them promoted to the best league in the world and gradually climb up the table playing exciting and entertaining football that other managers praise you about, before making into Europe, while giving any other club that tries any other way to succeed the name tinpot

You're right. We'd definitely all prefer to be rattling around a decaying shitheap with a bunch of spotty, black clad wankers high on baking powder watching a team containing 100k a week non performers park the bus for 89 minutes before emerging into the beautiful environs of South London, just a knife's throw from Thornton Heath.

At least you've got your new stand to admire though.

Also you spelled FAN wrongly

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
They have a Five Year Plan you know.

No, me neither :tosser:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The usual weak straw man arguments. Taking them in turn:

All clubs make mistakes and nobody has criticised Palace for making signings that weren't successful, so what is your point?

That is a description that has come entirely from Palace fans and not from us. We are lucky to be well run now. This obviously wasn't the case in the past. We've learned about mismanagement the hard way and we suffered. Bloom's money has been spent first and foremost to guarantee that there will be a club here to support for generations. Rather than sneer at the way our fans are very pleased with this, perhaps you would be better lobbying your owners to do the same. The treatment some of your fans have had from their own club has been absolutely shocking.

We got very lucky with our owner. Tony Bloom is a fan who not only happens to be loaded and generous, but also runs his club the way you would hope to if you ever had the money to buy Palace. However, your summary misses out the decades of struggle before that piece of good luck. The oft repeated fact that we have finished behind you for the last three decades plus, is because we were badly run for a long time and we suffered for it. We didn't just dump the likes of Victor Moses, whilst hiding Zaha from the creditors, we lost our ground and nearly lost our club.

I haven't seen anyone labeling Palace as tinpot, only as cheats. Nobody around here seems to like Burnley very much, but there is a grudging respect for what they've done on a shoestring without the need for large debts to be written off. There is a healthy disdain for every club that tried to gamble their way to success, either through the administration route or by chucking FFP out of the window: you, Leicester, Bournemouth, Derby, Wednesday, QPR, Leeds, Portsmouth and you again: owners all gambled everything that their supporters lived for and let others pay the price if it failed. There is an obvious reason why Brighton fans would dislike this approach and it has nothing to do with smugness about our current good fortune, or our rivalry with your team.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Can I remind you that we didn’t have to find a wealthy benefactor, but we already had a fan, whose family have been on the board for 40 years.
A fan who knows how to run the club properly, not writing off debts, robbing local businesses or going into admin (twice).

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Or did I imagine that?

You are tinpot and you are cheats.

Put whatever spin you want on it, no doubt the docu series on Amazon does, but we know, you know, you are cheats!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Aren't you looking at this the wrong way around? I'd be more concerned with looking at who is left, rather than who has been released. The first team squad listed on Wiki is shorter than this list and, of the 18 players listed, seven played less than ten games last season, at least one is a long term injury absence and another has (yet again) publicly announced that he wants to leave. Getting two or three of the old boys to sign, would fill gaps, would take the over thirties contingent in the squad back into double figures and would still leave you half a dozen or so short of the 25 man squad.

I think you're right. The web site "Experimental 3-6-1" has an analysis of "Squad Churn", which shows, for each team, how much playing time the current squad had last season (as a percentage of total minutes played in 20/21). Obviously it's early days, and quite a bit will change over the coming weeks. However, we are currently joint second, on 98.9% (ie, our current squad played 98.9% of the total minutes played last season [although this will reduce a bit when Maty Ryan leaves]). All EPL teams have a score of over 85%, with the exception of Norwich (73.2%), and Palace (63.2%). Palace really are an outlier at the moment.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A few days on from this first being mentioned and it still takes some getting your head around. Definitely one of the highlights of the summer so far. You wonder if they approached either Lampard or Hughton.

Vieira, the name on absolutely no one’s lips. Fantastic.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Has Viera been sacked yet?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

thanks for reminding me of CMS, he left 6 years ago.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Lots of in the knows here who seem to believe PV was a long way down the list of choices for manager. Who knows who was offered the job and how much was paper talk? I certainly dont. All the talk of the number of players out of contract is also misleading, as many of those are not first team regulars, or have been regularly injured. Its certainly going to be an interesting season, as the players adapt to a new manager, but I hope PV gets a fair chance before the whingers and moaners start looking for his head. Who knows, BHA may well finish above us this year, but for now, I will take finishing out of the bottom 3. COYP

So after, how many years in the Premier League? You are now happy with finishing out of the bottom 3?

Is this the general feeling among your fans?

I would have thought that some of you at least would be hoping for some improvement over the last few years.

FWIW, I don't claim to be in the know at all. I quite agree that some of the debacle so far this summer may be paper talk.

I am just dubious about the credentials of your new manager to do the job required of him. Only time will tell of course, but I feel like it is going to be fun to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here