Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit to Oscar

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
KLL wasn't fit to start and nor was Orlandi, so with that in mind who would you have had in place of Buckley/Lopez?

Seriously lua lua end product missing?? Set up the goal and had our first shot on target! Buckley did not play fairly well at all, he was a big disappointment AGAIN!

Millwall did their homework and marked Buckley out of the game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Excuse me - Upson. Best player on pitch today. Didn't put a foot wrong, superb performance.

My MOM as I was trying to point out to others after the game. Brilliant display...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Agustein did nothing today and the game seemed to pass him by. Buckley is showing a shadow of his form last season and I wonder if this down to the fact that the pitch has been narrowed by about 1 yd each side so he has less room to move in.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There was one glimpse of what Spanish Dave does in the first half when he played a peach of a ball to Buckley in space down the right wing. Other than that he was a bit poo.

It wasn't until November,at least, that he got going last year was it?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Agustein did nothing today and the game seemed to pass him by. Buckley is showing a shadow of his form last season and I wonder if this down to the fact that the pitch has been narrowed by about 1 yd each side so he has less room to move in.

Buckley is playing a different roll this year so far so it's going to take him a bit of time to get used to it and it's been pointed out a number of times on here the pitch is exactly the same size as last season.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
One of the worst 45 mins I've seen at the Amex first half.
Credit to the manager for throwing on all 3 subs it worked, but to be fair he had nothing to lose and leaving it unchanged wasn't an option.
Thought we were woeful on the left with Ward looking especially weak. Orlandi and Kaz the difference.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

We were told it hadn't, when we asked.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Buckley is playing a different roll this year so far so it's going to take him a bit of time to get used to it and it's been pointed out a number of times on here the pitch is exactly the same size as last season.

I dont believe that, as it is obvious that the blue surround to the pitch went nearly to the touchlines last season but are now at least 3 - 4 feet from the line

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I dont believe that, as it is obvious that the blue surround to the pitch went nearly to the touchlines last season but are now at least 3 - 4 feet from the line

Believe what you want but it's been confirmed by the club and by photographic evidence on here, Don't forget the electronic advertising boards make things look different as well as the astroturf around the pitch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The club put down extra astroturf as players slipped on the blue surround. One of the ground staff confirmed that the pitch is exactly the same size as last season.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Dont think we were shit at all. Was impossible to play decent football against that bunch of cheating diving scumbags.

The first half was truly awful.

We had one shot (and that was off target) in the first half, and the first time their keeper had to make a save was on the hour.

Against a piss poor side, that isn't good enough.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I'm concerned. For large parts of the game we were woeful. No shape (where was the width?), piss poor passing and far too many long balls. Several players who should be doing much much better looked way off the pace. And now news that the club don't expect more signings before Monday deadline when it's blindingly obvious we need more creativity and another striker. Early days but right now Bloom's expectations of a top 6 finish look misguided.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can't remember one thing from that boring first half, apart from the ref letting a lot of millwall "tackles" go.

I would be more than happy for Oscar to start the next game with the team that finished today.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We struggled in the first half made some changes and if you look at the BBC match reports we dominated the game however Millwall frustrated us however the ref helped The lions cause. I was happy in the end but could have secured all 3 points with a bit of luck.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We struggled in the first half made some changes and if you look at the BBC match reports we dominated the game however Millwall frustrated us however the ref helped The lions cause. I was happy in the end but could have secured all 3 points with a bit of luck.

To be fair, I thought Millwall were better than Burnley, who won at Derby today. Don't you just love the Championship?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Millwall came with the intention of going home with at least a point and nearly did a smash and grab. They like to rough things up a bit and got away with it with an ineffective ref in charge. Ince was given a yellow card for a silly foul but when 3 Millwall players got penalised for cynical fouls all they got was a telling off from the ref. After they scored the Millwall players thought they could hold on by playing it dirty and this was their downfall because our substitutions brought us back into it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Millwall came with the intention of going home with at least a point and nearly did a smash and grab. They like to rough things up a bit and got away with it with an ineffective ref in charge. Ince was given a yellow card for a silly foul but when 3 Millwall players got penalised for cynical fouls all they got was a telling off from the ref. After they scored the Millwall players thought they could hold on by playing it dirty and this was their downfall because our substitutions brought us back into it.

Any midfield that contains Derry and Chaplow is not going to be a pretty site. I did notice that whenever either of those committed a foul they quickly got away from the incident and allowed the ref to lecture whoever was nearest at the time but not the culprit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here