Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit to Oscar

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
on a positive note the subs did make a difference. Ince was walking a tight rope being a young kiddie after he got booked early on and it could easily have finished 10 each. Lopez had to come off after his 3 corners which were beyond description. Did Kemy touch the ball first half apart from his blazed over shot?

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
another positive is we got a point. We could have easily got nothing and when ulloa's header was ruled out, I thought it was going to be one of those days

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Millwall came to block out the game for a point which to be fair is what we would have done if we were in the position they are in.

Sadly we could not even really get near them till the subs took place but it changed the game and bar a goal disallowed I am totally bemused by we would have got all 3 points.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Simple. He isn't a left winger, he's being played out of position. Not out of choice though.

I agree. David ran the game at times last season, from centre-mid.

I have been seriously unimpressed by Kemy to date. I am still not sure what he does?

At least we didn't lose to the Neanderthals, and with a little bit of composure we should have won.

Worth getting up at 430am to get back from S of France for!

PG

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Utter bollocks. The entirety of the Derby match was far worse, as was the 3-1 palace match and the Wrexham match to name but two.

I disagree. It was the worst I have ever seen. Woeful.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The first hour was the most shambolic display at the Amex so far by a long way.

We had some pretty shambolic displays under Gus Poyet as well, Millwall at home last season springs to mind when we went 0-2 down and things didn't change until KLL was brought on as a sub ( bit like today really ) No the first hour wasn't pretty today but it was far from the most shambolic we've seen at the Amex if you care to cast your mind back.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Augustin & Ince contribute less together than Bridcutt on his own & with the downside of playing someone else attack minded while not forgetting the extra expense on an extra kit to wash

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Augustin really isn't very good is he ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
KLL wasn't fit to start and nor was Orlandi, so with that in mind who would you have had in place of Buckley/Lopez?

kll has knee injury which restricts playing time and orlandi not played since opening day, neither could have started

It has been confirmed by the club that LuaLua wasn't fit enough to play for the full 90. He made a difference when he came on.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Orlandi coming back to fitness very encouraging.
I can totally see why Kaz doesn't start. Lots of energy but end product still missing (most of the time). Buckley played fairly well and is more of a complete player.
Andrews is going to be seriously useful. If only both Andrews and Orlandi were fit enough to start.

And that is precisely the point as, coming back from injury, neither could be risked from the start but what a difference they made !

Beyond that, Kaz made a difference though he was very wasteful with some of his shots (or were they shots ?).

Given that recovery has been accomplished, hopefully Oscar may have the option of starting all next time out given that the IB now kicks in.

Andrews absolutely looks the business and was excellent going forward, Orlandi came more and more into the game. Kaz did well given he apparently is carrying a knee injury.

Another two weeks without competitive football, can only be good for Oscar.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Orlandi coming back to fitness very encouraging.
I can totally see why Kaz doesn't start. Lots of energy but end product still missing (most of the time). Buckley played fairly well and is more of a complete player.
Andrews is going to be seriously useful. If only both Andrews and Orlandi were fit enough to start.

Seriously lua lua end product missing?? Set up the goal and had our first shot on target! Buckley did not play fairly well at all, he was a big disappointment AGAIN!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Have you ever heard of the term 'grey' Uncle? It's that area between black and white.

I ONLY do Black or White. There is nothing inbetween. Anyone that has followed my posts over the last 14 years must know this by now. It is either the GREATEST thing ever seen on Earth or UTTER Horses*it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just on way back - made subs early enough to make a difference unlike poyet, we were shit for 60 mins though

Not v fair. We came back to draw lots of times under Gus from his subs Tec.

I've seen it since the friendlies at start of yr. We're simply not playing as well as last yr overall. Lots of work needs to be done, but we r a work in progress. Albeit one that's nowhere nr the same level we reached last season...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here