Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Town put up for sale!!!

Dandyman

In London village.
The date of that is from 2001.
The demographics have changed dramatically in 12 years.
The latest research shows Crawley having 78% of the population being White British.
Of course, we have always had a large aian population, and like most of the rest of the county the last 5 years has seen a significant increase of people fom all over the world.

If it was 50 years ago and the Asian population came from a mainly cricket playing culture, I could understand the point but given that a major proportion of BME communities are actually British born and bred, why would British born people of Asian or African descent not like football unless, of course, there are those that are seeking to actively exclude them ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They average over 3.5k which is low granted but have climbed the leagues quickly and the crowds are yet to catch up. With a modest investment on the pitch and infrastructure improvements they will continue to grow, Crawley is a big town with a growing population.

I dont get the bitterness, they are never going to impact on our fan base and will always be a relatively small club why not support a fellow county club even if Crawley is seen as the arse of Sussex.

If your comment about bitterness was aimed at me, then you've got it wrong. I am neither against nor for Crawley. I just don't believe they have much hope of attracting large crowds.

No tears shed for Crawley from me. Ideal opportunity for the Club to get in there and try and sell some more season tickets to any disillusioned Reds . Come and support the real Sussex side.:albion2:

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
No tears shed for Crawley from me. Ideal opportunity for the Club to get in there and try and sell some more season tickets to any disillusioned Reds . Come and support the real Sussex side.:albion2:

Pretty much my point of view as well, just don't see why people resent the town so much, it's far from perfect but I live in a beautiful part of town with Tilgate forest literally outside my door, I'd much rather live here than a lot of other places.

Pretty much my point of view as well, just don't see why people resent the town so much, it's far from perfect but I live in a beautiful part of town with Tilgate forest literally outside my door, I'd much rather live here than a lot of other places.

I don't think people resent the town of Crawley - more the FC and the council, who did little to help the Albion in their hour of need. I know some on here say that it was not Crawley FC fault but I , like many others, have other views on this.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
They average over 3.5k which is low granted but have climbed the leagues quickly and the crowds are yet to catch up. With a modest investment on the pitch and infrastructure improvements they will continue to grow, Crawley is a big town with a growing population.

I dont get the bitterness, they are never going to impact on our fan base and will always be a relatively small club why not support a fellow county club even if Crawley is seen as the arse of Sussex.

Did you have a ST at Priestfield??

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
......... No bad thing to have another League team nearby if we can develop a mutually beneficial relationship with them for the purposes of loaning out players and giving them first refusal on anyone who hasn't quite made it with us.

They've taken Sparrow and may take a few more in June. No loans so far though.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I don't think people resent the town of Crawley - more the FC and the council, who did little to help the Albion in their hour of need. I know some on here say that it was not Crawley FC fault but I , like many others, have other views on this.

FFS how many more times does this need to be explained? When the council granted permission for the stadium at Broadfield they agreed that no other football clubs would be allowed to play there to appease the opposition form the locals. Thus when the ground share was mooted there was no realistic prospect of Crawley Town agreeing because the council would not allow it under the terms of their planning permission. You may have other views on this but they obviously aren't based on facts.

FFS how many more times does this need to be explained? When the council granted permission for the stadium at Broadfield they agreed that no other football clubs would be allowed to play there to appease the opposition form the locals. Thus when the ground share was mooted there was no realistic prospect of Crawley Town agreeing because the council would not allow it under the terms of their planning permission. You may have other views on this but they obviously aren't based on facts.

Where there's a will there's a way.

No will , no way from Crawley - never forgotten or forgiven.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I wouldn't be sure they have 3000 at £20 a throw.

They offered a large firm in Crawley 800 season tickets at £10 a throw to try and get bigger gates this season. £10 for the SEASON.

The funny thing was they returned 650 unsold.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
There is nothing there to reflect the amount of money they have spent. A couple of tents, some overpaid players, no assets and a burger van. I think they'll struggle to "cash in".

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
I wouldn't be sure they have 3000 at £20 a throw.

They offered a large firm in Crawley 800 season tickets at £10 a throw to try and get bigger gates this season. £10 for the SEASON.

The funny thing was they returned 650 unsold.

Are u sure, that's madness = £10 a season, no wonder clubs being sold!!!

If I was nere Crawley I'd get a season ticket for a tenner, just to watch them when the Albion's not on

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
Have you been to Crawley recently? I suggest if you need to do a spot of shopping you try the County Mall.

75% of my colleagues are Asian, and I can assure you the vast majority have no interest in football.

I suggest a trip to Asda or Broadfield Barton.
Last week in the Crawley News they did a feature on a junior school where over 60 different languages were spoken by the kids.

By the way,if any of you want decent Indian food then Crawley has to be the best in Sussex for choice and quality.
The one place I would recommend highly is the ja Hoi on the Balcombe Road.It is often full of Indian families,which in my eyes means it must be decent.
The people that own it also do the food at an Indian social club in Crawley called the ram club.It is open at weekends for bookings but book in advance the food is amazing.

Sorry to go of topic but trying not to think to much about my clubs future.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Will be a lot of interest in Crawley I'd imagine, despite what people say on here their crowds are respecstble, have Zero debt and a very supportive local council. If someone invests in a new stadium with non match day facilities they will thrive and are easily capable of pushing for 10k averages. Good luck to them

where do you get the 'crowds are respectable' from ?

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
where do you get the 'crowds are respectable' from ?

At the moment we are averaging 2800 home supporters with another 1000 on top who pop in now and then depending on who we are playing.

I reckon we could see the American owners who run Gatwick Airport getting involved.
Afterall Gatwick Airport is part of the Borough of Crawley.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
The big problem with Crawley like with Hounslow for example,

There both next to massive airports and when foreigners come to Britain, they set up shop soon as they walk off the plane..

I have a Czech friend from Crawley who lives in house share nere tilgate, 6 people in a 3 bed house owned by Asians.
Crawley not a bad place, just has its problems, good luck to Crawley fc!!

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Will be a lot of interest in Crawley I'd imagine, despite what people say on here their crowds are respecstble, have Zero debt and a very supportive local council. If someone invests in a new stadium with non match day facilities they will thrive and are easily capable of pushing for 10k averages. Good luck to them

I have been waiting for this news about the sale of Crawley FC. I think it's the end of the adventure and will see them go in debt and sell off the best players and slide back to below Conference League level. They need a new pitch with drainage for next season which will probably set them back at least 100k and the ground needs at least 5 million spent to bring it up to league 1 standard. It is a shame as Sussex should have two league clubs. I hope I am wrong but things don't look good for Crawley FC.

It is a shame as Sussex should have two clubs.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Some of the comments on here are laughable, suggest a lot of you look out your Windows and look around your neighbours and see where they are from.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I suggest a trip to Asda or Broadfield Barton.
Last week in the Crawley News they did a feature on a junior school where over 60 different languages were spoken by the kids.

By the way,if any of you want decent Indian food then Crawley has to be the best in Sussex for choice and quality.
The one place I would recommend highly is the ja Hoi on the Balcombe Road.It is often full of Indian families,which in my eyes means it must be decent.
The people that own it also do the food at an Indian social club in Crawley called the ram club.It is open at weekends for bookings but book in advance the food is amazing.

Sorry to go of topic but trying not to think to much about my clubs future.

I had a meal in ja Hoi and thought it was overrated. Granted it's a busy place and gets good reviews..

Funny you should mention the Ram club. Have you read last weeks Crawley News? It got a Food Hygiene Rating of 0. No one knows if the re-furb was due to this. Saying that though the Ram club was recommended to me and i will give it a go in the future.

Crawley has a lot of Indian restaurants and the vast majority are poor. My local Indian is the Zari.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here