Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Town put up for sale!!!

SLC Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Hove
I didn't say recently, 10-15 years ago it wasn't unusual for Crawley to get crowds in the low/mid 100's.

Hmmm, yeah, I was willing to offer some benefit of the doubt, but you are actually talking out of your arse here.

10 years ago, 2003/04 season, our average attendance was 1,381.

15 years ago, the season we moved into Broadfield, I would guess it was similar, if not more. We certainly had a 2,200 against Forest Green, and from memory, the lowest was around 750.

What makes me laugh is you quote figures to a Crawley fan as if it's gospel, not expecting a Crawley fan (a) to question it, given that he was there, and (b) to take umbrage given that it's complete nonsense.

Oh well, it passes the time, I guess.

SLC Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Hove
Hmm. And your directors as well: http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10312603.Crawley_in_talks_over_new_stadium/

Agree with you about your earlier 'history' point. 'History' isn't measured in silverware, Man U don't have a bigger 'history' than Preston North End just because they've won more cups.

EDIT: And quite an accurate first comment on that article as well (by the standards of Argus comments)

TBH any talk about us getting into the Championship is rather premature (and a bit laughable) and the owners should remember where we came from. I'd take a few seasons down the arse end of League One if it was offered given the amount of infrastructure (not necessarily in the ground but youths etc) and fan/community reach-out that at first needs to be done.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What it is and what makes it perhaps unique in Sussex is a prosperous working class town with a high population of ethnic minorities

Or in other words, a shit hole.

You should get a job as an Estate Agent.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I refer you back to post #86. If you're agreeing with me, it's prob not the best course of action to directly quote me then state:

"There is only one person writing twaddle on this thread"

It's a pretty 'out there' way of thinking, but some people might think you were referencing that quoted person. As it turns out then, you were actually referencing someone you didn't quote, yet quoted me for the hell of it.

Weird.

Mine was in reply to your post #82 when you first quoted me! then telling someone else that everyone is talking twaddle. Do you find yourself having arguments in empty houses?

As for attendances, 15 years ago you were in the Southern League Premier with an average gate around 500-800 people. You didn't get into the Conference until 2004. Even in the Conference you struggled, from 2006 to 2010 you had one of the lowest averages year in year out of around 1000 people per game. It was only your title winning season that you jumped up to 2500 average in 2011. Even climbing 2 divisions to L1, has still only seen your average gate rise about 500 people from the Conference winning side.

But you know, you carry on with not realising what you're on about.

SLC Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Hove
Mine was in reply to your post #82 when you first quoted me! then telling someone else that everyone is talking twaddle. Do you find yourself having arguments in empty houses?

As for attendances, 15 years ago you were in the Southern League Premier with an average gate around 500-800 people. You didn't get into the Conference until 2004. Even in the Conference you struggled, from 2006 to 2010 you had one of the lowest averages year in year out of around 1000 people per game. It was only your title winning season that you jumped up to 2500 average in 2011. Even climbing 2 divisions to L1, has still only seen your average gate rise about 500 people from the Conference winning side.

But you know, you carry on with not realising what you're on about.

Why are you telling me the year we got promoted to the Conference?

You are clearly mental. Are your 4,716 other posts this banal?

To be fair, I shouldn't be criticising that fact - it's about the only thing you've got right so far.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
PS Re. the above, our average attendance 15 years ago (97/98 season) was 1,209.

http://www.thelinnets.co.uk/archive/archivetable.php?s=1997-98

Good luck, idiot.

The season previous it's 644 ('96/97), following season ('98/99) it's 800, the season after that 671, the season after that 708...perhaps there was a numerically challenged gate man in '97/98!? ???

Perhaps you weren't going then or even born given your playground style insults!? ???

You are making yourself look a bit of a prat.

SLC Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Hove
The season previous it's 644 ('96/97), following season ('98/99) it's 800, the season after that 671, the season after that 708...perhaps there was a numerically challenged gate man in '97/98!? ???

Perhaps you weren't going then or even born given your playground style insults!? ???

You are making yourself look a bit of a prat.

So let me just check... for the season in question that you said was 500-800, you admit now the average attendance was actually 1,209?

Oh good.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
It's not though, some of it is, I agree, but then so are parts of Brighton, Hastings, Worthing, Eastbourne. In fact I'd go as far as to say most towns have their shitty parts.

I agree what u are saying but Crawley has more shit parts then Brighton, Hastings, Worthing, Eastbourne..

Should be its own county called Immagrant Shire!

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
It's not though, some of it is, I agree, but then so are parts of Brighton, Hastings, Worthing, Eastbourne. In fact I'd go as far as to say most towns have their shitty parts.

All towns have crappy bits, but generally in Sussex, with the notable exclusion of Hastings it is a minority of areas that are seriously crap. Unfortunately Crawley was designed and built as a massive council estate. There are a few original parts and some newer areas which are better, a few are even nice, but it would be hard to argue that even half of it, is anywhere that someone would aspire to live.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Crawley are in a great position, growing crowds, debt free if a new owner with some cash can come in then they could push on ala Doncaster.

Some very small minding arrogant people on here when it comes to Crawley it seems.

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
All towns have crappy bits, but generally in Sussex, with the notable exclusion of Hastings it is a minority of areas that are seriously crap. Unfortunately Crawley was designed and built as a massive council estate. There are a few original parts and some newer areas which are better, a few are even nice, but it would be hard to argue that even half of it, is anywhere that someone would aspire to live.

I note that you live in Haywards Heath.I work in Haywards Heath a couple of times a month and it is a very nice place.But **** me it's boring.I would be utterly embarrassed to tell people I come from Haywards Heath.It just has nothing about the place at all,no grit,no characters,no rough edges,no decent shops,no football team.To come from Haywards Heath would make me cringe and squirm with embarrassment.
Crawley was built for a reason what ****ing excuse does Haywards Heath have.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Crawley are in a great position, growing crowds, debt free if a new owner with some cash can come in then they could push on ala Doncaster.

Some very small minding arrogant people on here when it comes to Crawley it seems.

That's what it might look like, but if you know non-league football, you'll know that their progress comes with a lot of resentment for the way they've gone about it - effectively cheating in many people's eyes after administration in the late '90's followed by administration again in 2006. They've had some real twats running them and managing them. They never made a lot of friends to be perfectly honest.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

What do you know of Hastings?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here