Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS (merged)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Perhaps the offer of first team football. A huge bonus if we get promoted during his time at the club. Some kind of release/buy out clause if we don't get promoted. The chance to be the main man at a club going places.

Almost certainly this. At Brighton CMS will be the lead striker, the pressure on him will be less than at the other two clubs and whilst the wages will probably not be as high, I suspect the goal/promotion bonuses will be very high.

Not holding my breath on this one, but would be over the moon if we did sign, by far my favourite opposing player from last season, he is just what we need and this would be an amazing coup if we pulled it off.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm finding this all very difficult to take in - so many people on this thread admit to listening to talksport?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Oatway4England

Mar 17, 2011
talkSPORTDrive talkSPORTDrive
Every source this morning is telling me CMS is gonna sign for Brighton #twitterposh
14 seconds ago

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Just a quick one, I know that with Hoskins, a lot of our interest stemmed from his excellent goals against us last season but does it work the other way around? For example, do you think that our performances against Peterborough would play a role in influencing CMS that we were a good club to play for?

I'm suggesting it as a factor in his decision, not a deal-breaker.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
So to summarise CMS was down for talks at the Amex two weeks ago, Posh have confirmed we put in a strong offer and now based on a tweet (referencing a reliable source) talksport are reporting he will sign today.

While I hope there is some truth in this it seems all the subsequent coverage is in relation to the original tweet so let's hope talksport qualified the lead as reliable.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can get my head around this.........what have we got that the Foxes and the Hammers havent? They are bigger clubs, they have bigger argubly better grounds (although not spanking new ones), bigger attedances, IMHO better chance of promotion to the top flight next year
IMO too.

Nah he's a posh fan on twitter - u can check his previous tweets...
So a random chap posts something, a few repeat it, and suddenly the world believe it.

It's more likely than that ridiculous Owen rumour, I'll give you that. But I will be somewhat surprised.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
So to summarise CMS was down for talks at the Amex two weeks ago, Posh have confirmed we put in a strong offer and now based on a tweet (referencing a reliable source) talksport are reporting he will sign today.

While I hope there is some truth in this it seems all the subsequent coverage is in relation to the original tweet so let's hope talksport qualified the lead as reliable.

Seems that way. Although i believe the tweeter shared something with Talksport- evidence/an email etc that made it all a bit more concrete. But i agree, it seems very amateur for Talksport to be responding to, what at the moment, seems just gossip.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Just a quick one, I know that with Hoskins, a lot of our interest stemmed from his excellent goals against us last season but does it work the other way around? For example, do you think that our performances against Peterborough would play a role in influencing CMS that we were a good club to play for?

I'm suggesting it as a factor in his decision, not a deal-breaker.

I was thinking the same, he can't help but have been impressed by our performance away last season. Also we have proven with Bennett and Crofts we don't stand in the way of individual progress.

Sep 1, 2010
Seems that way. Although i believe the tweeter shared something with Talksport- evidence/an email etc that made it all a bit more concrete. But i agree, it seems very amateur for Talksport to be responding to, what at the moment, seems just gossip.

Thisis what the likes of Talksport do. They have no credibility so they scour for loose rumours in the hope that the odd one comes off for them to claim 'you heard it here first'. Nothing short of a radio version of an NSC transfer rumours thread. I personally think i have more chance of wearing the No.1 shirt come the start of the season

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
According to ITK on west ham forum, West Ham pulled out like Leicester over CMS demands.

Do they HAVE to be financial ones though?

Having just broken into the National squad, he might have merely "demanded" that he starts the season as the no.1 forward at the club. We could agree to that a damn sight easier than West Sham or Leicester could.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
What are the odd's for us to sign CMS ? Can't find them on SkyBet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here