Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS (merged)

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
wow epic thread, hope you get him

very strange saga tho!

was a cert to join the prem according to fry with half the league in for him, then 'turned clubs down', set for some big champ clubs, and now joining a team who went up with them

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
its this happens (and I am still not convinced) then I will let my wife make love to me tonight.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
:clap::clap::clap:

Looks like he's signing for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just been on Talksport. Says he's about to turn down West Ham & Leicester to sign for Brighton.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011

D

Deleted User X18H

:clap::clap::clap:

Looks like he's signing for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just been on Talksport. Says he's about to turn down West Ham & Leicester to sign for Brighton.

...and in other news Ronald Reagan has been shot whilst in Washington D.C.

Last edited:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
This story implies we haven't even spoken to CMS yet http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8752/4/exclusive-%E2%80%93-fry-mackail-smith-hasn%E2%80%99t-decided-where-go-yet

Fry told the Transfer Tavern: “I can tell you that the chairman Darragh MacAnthony has accepted three bids and given three clubs permission to speak to Craig and his agent, two of those clubs, West Ham and Leicester have spoken to them.

That story is dated 2 July though, sounds like our bid may have been accepted yesterday.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
To be fair talksport do seem confident. The only concern i have is nothing has yet been reported on Skysports or even the argus website.

That said i do have a good feeling about this one.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To be fair talksport do seem confident. The only concern i have is nothing has yet been reported on Skysports or even the argus website.

In fairness, the Argus are rarely first on rumours. They report the signings as soon as they receive the club text.

As for SkySports, the headline story is that QPR joined the race BEFORE Leicester and West Ham. Not exactly amazing reporting either.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Really hope this is all true just seems strange that talksport themselves were basically saying we weren't involved anymore on Saturday. And how do they know and nobody else?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Latest news - Titanic sinks , great loss of lives.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

I can get my head around this.........what have we got that the Foxes and the Hammers havent? They are bigger clubs, they have bigger argubly better grounds (although not spanking new ones), bigger attedances, IMHO better chance of promotion to the top flight next year, they probably have more money to spend wages, I can get my head round why we would be his first choice, maybe he is Gay and would like to live in brighton (Joke of course and said in Jest) but hey it could be a reason!!!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Bloody heck - this is all rather unbelievable ain't it (although bloody marvelous, what)?!

Just heard the sports bulletin-type-fing on Talkshite, & the words were uttered: "Craig Mackail Smith WILL SIGN FOR BRIGHTON TODAY"!!

Stoatin'.

:goal:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I can get my head around this.........what have we got that the Foxes and the Hammers havent? They are bigger clubs, they have bigger argubly better grounds (although not spanking new ones), bigger attedances, IMHO better chance of promotion to the top flight next year, they probably have more money to spend wages, I can get my head round why we would be his first choice, maybe he is Gay and would like to live in brighton (Joke of course and said in Jest) but hey it could be a reason!!!

Perhaps the offer of first team football. A huge bonus if we get promoted during his time at the club. Some kind of release/buy out clause if we don't get promoted. The chance to be the main man at a club going places.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Really hope this is all true just seems strange that talksport themselves were basically saying we weren't involved anymore on Saturday. And how do they know and nobody else?

Listened to talksport on Saturday including transfertavern, and although CMS was mentioned, we weren't included in that debate i.e. we weren't ruled out.
Heard Fry confirm CMS, Boyd & Lewis all going, as promised to them a long time ago (subject to right offers).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here