Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS (merged)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
If this comes off, I will be amazed. To beat a premiership team and two huge championship teams would be unbelievable! Surely I am dreaming ?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I bet Poyet loves the way the Peterborough chairman does business. What a complete f***ing idiot. I can't wait for Poyets comment about Peterborough whether we sign CMS or not, although I doubt the Lord will lower himself to comment on the pricks that run Peterborough

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
thing I have found strange about this is that on the BBC Teletex article where are now situated in the championship section this piece about Leicester getting him to sign the next day(its been up there for 4 days now)only mentions us putting to refused offers in,I mean is that actually news or has someone known all along that he favored coming to the Albion.

its a very thick plot and gets thicker by the minute.

big signing though and lets hope if he does come he lives up to his reputation

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Peterborough fans seem livid. I can understand the argument that we're not as big a club as West Ham or Leicester, and far less likely to reach the Prem anytime soon. But sideways move?! :lol:

They don't seem to notice that there could be many more benefits to playing for us too. Not to mention living in Brighton is a fair bit more favourable than Leicester.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I bet Poyet loves the way the Peterborough chairman does business. What a complete f***ing idiot. I can't wait for Poyets comment about Peterborough whether we sign CMS or not, although I doubt the Lord will lower himself to comment on the pricks that run Peterborough

I think Gus' comment: "I’m not going to say he is lying." was telling tbh.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This could happen. Maybe not. (I hope it does) Whatever happens, I am convinced we will make some major signings this week to complement the two fine signings we already made in the close season. Players are out of contract from the July 1. There is movement going on in all the leagues. I have no sources but I just know that Tony and Gus are going to add quality to our squad.

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
I looked at all the CMS comments on twitter. My favourite was ".NET Developer with good CMS exp needed ASAP in Brighton - get in touch".

Clearly Mackail-Smith is a cyborg running Windows and we've got this in the bag.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Wow,just got up and its looking possible.Can't blame him,would you really want to join the West Ham carnival?,and as for Sven..........

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
am i the only one to think its a little odd that he turned down QPR, now apparently Leicester, arguably a stronger team in the division (favorites after all). its almost as if he doesnt want to play in the premiership. i hope its for sound footballing reason like first team play.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I'd love to know just how long we've been in for him - I get the feeling it's been pretty much from the get go after he said he was leaving..... What amazes me is that if West Ham are in, isn't CMS an Essex geezer the vast majority of which are Hammers unless they are johnny come lately EPL fans?
If we get him and KLL we will have a seriously threatening forward group (on paper at least!).

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Poyet and Bloom must have talked him into it which says a lot about their powers of persuasion. WH and Leicester are bigger clubs, so if this comes off, anything is possible.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
First up, reports suggest that Brighton are set to win the race for Craig Mackail Smith, despite QPR and Leicester being in for him #bhafc

Tweet from Sky Sports Graeme Bailey.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If it's true (and let's face it, it's only Talksport true), who would you rather play for? Sam Alladyce where you'll be forever chasing long balls, Sven who'll be out of the door as soon as a better offer comes along, or pass and move Poyet in a new stadium?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A guy from Sky Sports is saying it's true as well but still all seems to be perpetuated from the original tweet I posted last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here