CMS enough is enough.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nov 19, 2012
I'm sorry if it's negative but the guy just ain't good enough. CMS pace is meaningless when he fails in all the other departments. He banged in a load of goals for Peterborough when they played gung-ho throughout. His miss ratio was probably just as impressive. Clearly it looks like we signed a striker on a record transfer fee based on stats whilst offloading a player who is now top goalscorer in the Championship because of money.
CMS reminds me of the days when we were relying on non-league forwards to 'do the job', Gary Hart was one which worked but clearly wasn't championship promotion material. CMS looks no better.
2 strikers are needed for the Albion regardless of how many forwards we already have. We need a Glenn Murray type player (maybe Austin or Cassidy?) and a composed finisher upfront (Fryatt?). At the moment it's embarrassing what we have upfront compared to other teams. I would actually rather see LuaLua upfront based on the fact he can do everything CMS can do and he isn't even a striker.
Until our upfront disability is sorted, we wont be finishing off teams at the bottom and we wont be competing with the top end teams in comebacks.
All we need is the strike force to match the the rest of the team, then we would be a force, even with 10 men.

Should of got rid of him when Reading made an offer, hopefully he will go to Norwich in January, when CMS is on the pitch we are playing with 10 men today we had 9 after Dunky was sent off

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Let Hoskins have a go, he has looked sharp in spite of a lack of match practice and his first touch is better than others. I would like to see Hosky play alongside CMS, I think they would be a real handful. Trouble is Gus doesn't look to play two up front, so probably won't ever happen.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What a thread full of bollocks.
Yep. I'm trying to give my fellow NSCers the benefit of the doubt, as they're all pissed, but even taking alcohol into account, this thread is full of crap.

There's nothing wrong with CMS. We were away from home and our game relies on keeping possession, which is tough when you're a man down after 6 minutes.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What a thread full of bollocks.

CMS started the season well as we played to his strengths, now we aren't and rather like last season he is isolated and our ONLY outlet.

His shooting is so awful yeah, did you miss the goal against Wolves the other week

He has scored a couple of good goals this season, but Philip Mexes has scored the goal that will probably be recognised as goal of the season, he's a centre back with a poor scoring record. Any player can hit a worldy with a bit of luck on their side, a good striker should be able to tuck away a 1on1 every now and then.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yep. I'm trying to give my fellow NSCers the benefit of the doubt, as they're all pissed, but even taking alcohol into account, this thread is full of crap.

There's nothing wrong with CMS. We were away from home and our game relies on keeping possession, which is tough when you're a man down after 6 minutes.
It's not just based on today's shoddy finishing you doughnut. He lacks composure in front of goal, there isn't really a debate to be had about it, he just isn't a natural finisher.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He was put through today by Barnes and had a one on one with the keeper. He failed, so don't blame the service.
And all the time we are looking only to CMS to score all our goals this will continue.

Every single striker on the planet misses those chances, but they don't have to shoulder the expectation of the entire team.
They are able to miss knowing they will get other chances and the team will also get other chances.

CMS doesn't have that luxury, the moment he becomes marooned from the ever retreating midfield. .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And all the time we are looking only to CMS to score all our goals this will continue.

Every single striker on the planet misses those chances, but they don't have to shoulder the expectation of the entire team.
They are able to miss knowing they will get other chances and the team will also get other chances.

CMS doesn't have that luxury, the moment he becomes marooned from the ever retreating midfield. .

He misses them time & time again. I can't remember the last time he scored a one on one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's not just based on today's shoddy finishing you doughnut.
The thread's been started right after the game, and all these reactions are right after the game. He was under pressure for the one on one, and hit the post. A few inches the other way and this thread would be saying how brilliant he is. He's a good player and scores his share of goals.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He misses them time & time again. I can't remember the last time he scored a one on one.
I'll bow to your knowledge I can't remember him getting the opportunity time & time again.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The thread's been started right after the game, and all these reactions are right after the game. He was under pressure for the one on one, and hit the post. A few inches the other way and this thread would be saying how brilliant he is. He's a good player and scores his share of goals.

People are finally getting annoyed with his woeful finishing, how many chances did he have against Bolton and Peterborough and still he scored 0. I love the effort he puts in and sometimes his skill and touch are sublime, but more often than not he scuffs his shot. Not good enough.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
It's not just based on today's shoddy finishing you doughnut. He lacks composure in front of goal, there isn't really a debate to be had about it, he just isn't a natural finisher.

Judging solely on the two he scored last season against Leeds you have not got a clue about composure or the skill set of a natural finisher.In both those goals he destroyed your argument,the composure of receiving his ball with his back to the goal,his standing on the ball to turn and the shot,and his second where he got his toe in ahead of the defender and the goalkeeper to snatch the second proving his goal pinching instinct.
CMS is a natural goal scorer who will get 20+ this season

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He MISSED A ONE ON ONE MISSED. MISSED. MISSED. TWO AND A HALF MILLION. MISSES. There is EVERYTHING WRONG WITH HIM.

Nov 19, 2012

Nothing wrong with CMS youre having a laugh he realy is shit,His signing is Poyets biggest mistake CMS is shit so is Barnes end of .Today proved it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports