Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS enough is enough.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
My own personal opinion is that CMS will be sold in January to offset a new striker coming in.

That's a big, big, worry. Would anyone trust Gus to get in the right striker? His record in that department hardly inspires confidence.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
He is not rubbish but the man who would make him you got for nothing by offering him a kings ransom and when the time comes you will be forced into paying 10p in the pound again probably to square the books up.

I hope so, that particular business plan has been working well for us , i might be wrong but i think it was actually 1p in the pound last time round,

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
How much do you think we could buy him for at 10p in the pound ? since half your lot seem to think he's rubbish...with the right service he'd score 25 a season

He probably should be close to 25 already with the chances he's missed.

Having said that he is still a great player, once he gets his eye in again like early season he'll be fine.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Giving him a proper strike partner might help.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
I lost faith when a TWO AND A HALF MILLION STRIKER thats £2,500.000 MISSED and ONE ON ONE. MISSED at one nil down. If it was Barnes then fine we paid £50k and you get what you paid for. But £2.5M for that? NO THANKS.

Especially when you consider that Swansea paid 2 million for Michu !!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If CMS is sold then i'm sure he'll score plenty wherever he ends up. Would be ironic if he joined Leeds and took them into the playoffs ahead of us. I expect he'd enjoy playing alongside Becchio.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And Chelsea paid £50 million for Torres. So?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Amazing, isn't it? I certainly don't remember too many complaining when we signed him although to be fair some of the threads have been started by people who weren't here for that :rolleyes:
How very very true.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I don't think most people deep down really think CMS & Barnes are rubbish, both of them do great jobs most games until they get in front of goal. The kind of chances they and a whole host of others in the team this season (Orlandi & Hammond to name just two) have missed beggars belief at times. Games like yesterday where we are really up against it, you get that one great chance and your top players must step up and take them. There's not one player at the moment, maybe with the exeption of Buckley, who I feel confident is going to put it away. I really would like to see Dobbie & Hoskins given a run now through to January, and then see what needs to be done in the transfer window.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I don't think most people deep down really think CMS & Barnes are rubbish, both of them do great jobs most games until they get in front of goal. The kind of chances they and a whole host of others in the team this season (Orlandi & Hammond to name just two) have missed beggars belief at times. Games like yesterday where we are really up against it, you get that one great chance and your top players must step up and take them. There's not one player at the moment, maybe with the exeption of Buckley, who I feel confident is going to put it away. I really would like to see Dobbie & Hoskins given a run now through to January, and then see what needs to be done in the transfer window.

"Both of them do great jobs till they get in front of goal"

If I did what I was asked to do at work as badly as they have at times this season I'd be long gone. Hardly doing great jobs are they??

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
"Both of them do great jobs till they get in front of goal"

If I did what I was asked to do at work as badly as they have at times this season I'd be long gone. Hardly doing great jobs are they??

You're not getting what I mean, I agree with you. The build up and approach play, the way they get into great positions is all good but for whatever reason they and others seem completely lacking in composure in front of goal.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
You're not getting what I mean, I agree with you. The build up and approach play, the way they get into great positions is all good but for whatever reason they and others seem completely lacking in composure in front of goal.

Sorry it's early, will open both eyes now. Lol

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
CMS

If Barnes had played in the same position as CMS he would well be in double figures by now.
CMS out.

Oh yes !! Because Barnes hasn't missed any this year has he ? This thread is ridiculous , anyone who doesn't rate CMS has no knowledge of football END OF ...

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Oh yes !! Because Barnes hasn't missed any this year has he ? This thread is ridiculous , anyone who doesn't rate CMS has no knowledge of football END OF ...

Yeah ok. We know nothing- I'll live with that. Lol

Ps. In your opinion, what do you think CMS brings to the party?

Pps. Also think your right re Barnes for what it's worth.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
CMS

CMS is technically poor. Watch his first touch - it's not good enough.

Running around like a headless chicken does not mean you are a good player.

I also agree that had Barnes been played as a centre forward then he would have scored more goals...look at his first two seasons as proof.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
CMS

CMS is technically poor. Watch his first touch - it's not good enough.

Running around like a headless chicken does not mean you are a good player.

I also agree that had Barnes been played as a centre forward then he would have scored more goals...look at his first two seasons as proof.

CMS first touch : mid week v Bristol C : end of discussion

Barnes scoring more , he has more clear cut chances than CMS this year that's a fact .

Without CMS goals we would be in relegation zone .

Barnes passing percentage is worst in the squad

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
CMS first touch : mid week v Bristol C : end of discussion

Barnes scoring more , he has more clear cut chances than CMS this year that's a fact .

Without CMS goals we would be in relegation zone .

Barnes passing percentage is worst in the squad[

Have you not be watching for the last year and a half?.????

He luckily controls the ball the other night and you automatically forget the past and think he's Wayne Rooney........

No sense of reality at all... Just blinded support.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Like all strikers at every level CMS misses chances but in most cases he does well to actually make the chance in the first place and as an old manager used to say' keep the faith' he will come good again and increase his goal tally to 20+ this season.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
CMS

Yeah ok. We know nothing- I'll live with that. Lol

Ps. In your opinion, what do you think CMS brings to the party?

Pps. Also think your right re Barnes for what it's worth.

CMS plays off the last defender he wants the ball played behind the defence on the deck , he needs a partner to play off ..Gus will never do that but that's not CMS fault . That does not make him a bad player .

CMS puts fear in all defenders on their first touch because they know he will be there , what's the point of him chasing down defenders when our midfield and defence are so deep all the time , again we are not playing to his strengths .

I could type all day about how we fail CMS not CMS failing us .

Please rly with anymore counter questions thou

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here