Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS enough is enough.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I actually thought CMS played alright for you guys today, just needs support or a different system.

Some sense! CMS only appears to run around aimlessly in matches in which he ends up isolated because the midfield can't get up in support. Games, for instance, where we play 85 minutes with ten men.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nice bloke works hard and all that will score a few goals as we do create chances but overall I don't get it. Poor first touch and positional sense from a 2.5 million player.

Londoner

Banned
Dec 19, 2011
London
We play with 1 up front, his name is Murray, Glenn Murray, speaks volumes, good target man, CMS is not a target man, would be good with Murray, the small one playing off the big man (Wright/Bright) but playing styles have changed, Gus got it wrong at the wrong time

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Two and a half million to miss a one on one. Bye bye cms please bye bye

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I'm sorry if it's negative but the guy just ain't good enough. CMS pace is meaningless when he fails in all the other departments. He banged in a load of goals for Peterborough when they played gung-ho throughout. His miss ratio was probably just as impressive. Clearly it looks like we signed a striker on a record transfer fee based on stats whilst offloading a player who is now top goalscorer in the Championship because of money.
CMS reminds me of the days when we were relying on non-league forwards to 'do the job', Gary Hart was one which worked but clearly wasn't championship promotion material. CMS looks no better.
2 strikers are needed for the Albion regardless of how many forwards we already have. We need a Glenn Murray type player (maybe Austin or Cassidy?) and a composed finisher upfront (Fryatt?). At the moment it's embarrassing what we have upfront compared to other teams. I would actually rather see LuaLua upfront based on the fact he can do everything CMS can do and he isn't even a striker.
Until our upfront disability is sorted, we wont be finishing off teams at the bottom and we wont be competing with the top end teams in comebacks.
All we need is the strike force to match the the rest of the team, then we would be a force, even with 10 men.

Maybe but the main problem is Barnes is not good enough.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He's still 5th or 6th top scorer in the league. Considering he's playing up front on his own, that aint too shabby. I don't understand what some people expect.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
this is a problem that needs sorting. CMS can only thrive if he has someone decent to partner him, and at the moment he needs 5 chances to score. come ianuary this needs to be sorted. either mr bloom needs to spend some cash in the transfer market or accept that with the current strikers we are not going to progress. he cant talk about ambitions of reaching the premier league with the current squad.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It really hasn't. People have been saying it for months but usually get told they're idiots. Fact is he is awful at shooting.

Yup. I'm one of those who has copped loads of flak for pointing out that Mackail-Miss isn't good enough if we have promotion aspirations. If we were league one at Withdean and it was Ashley Barnes fluffing every f***ing shot then I could understand it. £50k gets you that kind of player but £3M or whatever he cost, then you really should expect better.

Get rid. And f***ing pronto. That debacle f***ing hurts and no amount of re-tweeting or waving at the fans is going to ease the pain. That c*nt f***ing owes us big time after that.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
What a thread full of bollocks.

CMS started the season well as we played to his strengths, now we aren't and rather like last season he is isolated and our ONLY outlet.

His shooting is so awful yeah, did you miss the goal against Wolves the other week

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What a thread full of bollocks.

CMS started the season well as we played to his strengths, now we aren't and rather like last season he is isolated and our ONLY outlet.

His shooting is so awful yeah, did you miss the goal against Wolves the other week

He was put through today by Barnes and had a one on one with the keeper. He failed, so don't blame the service.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Murray, Zaha & Bolaise up front... ;-)

We are discussing CMS. Your three have nothing to do with the thread.
Perhaps you could discuss them on your own forum, personally i have not watched them enough to comment on them, that and i'm not really interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here