Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS enough is enough.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It's such a shame, I really like him and really wanted him to prove a lot of people wrong.
The truth is however, he probably isn't good enough with the type of game Gus forces.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It has taken a long time for people to start saying this. I love CMS effort but he ain't good enough, combine that with Barnes and you can see our problem. Shame that Gus keeps glossing over it....

It really hasn't. People have been saying it for months but usually get told they're idiots. Fact is he is awful at shooting.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is hilarious! Genuinely quite funny.

If I could be arsed, I would bounce those threads where you were all sucking CMS's cock during his run of goals earlier in the season.

In fact I might do that after dinner.
You don't have to look far!

Although this one was the before a ball was kicked.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd prefer it if we had kept Murray (and made a better go of retaining Chris Woods) and not spent all that dosh on CMS - isn't hindsight wonderful?

Poyet was asked about Wood (no s) at the forum, and he said he wasn't given the opportunity by West Brom to get him back.

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
I actually thought CMS played alright for you guys today, just needs support or a different system.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
It's getting a bit silly now, we've been waiting a season and a half for a proper goalscorer and still the wait goes on...

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I'm sorry if it's negative but the guy just ain't good enough. CMS pace is meaningless when he fails in all the other departments. He banged in a load of goals for Peterborough when they played gung-ho throughout. His miss ratio was probably just as impressive. Clearly it looks like we signed a striker on a record transfer fee based on stats whilst offloading a player who is now top goalscorer in the Championship because of money.
CMS reminds me of the days when we were relying on non-league forwards to 'do the job', Gary Hart was one which worked but clearly wasn't championship promotion material. CMS looks no better.
2 strikers are needed for the Albion regardless of how many forwards we already have. We need a Glenn Murray type player (maybe Austin or Cassidy?) and a composed finisher upfront (Fryatt?). At the moment it's embarrassing what we have upfront compared to other teams. I would actually rather see LuaLua upfront based on the fact he can do everything CMS can do and he isn't even a striker.
Until our upfront disability is sorted, we wont be finishing off teams at the bottom and we wont be competing with the top end teams in comebacks.
All we need is the strike force to match the the rest of the team, then we would be a force, even with 10 men.

The thing is you can see that he isn't good enough just by watching him for a short amount of time.

So who is responsible for us spending £3m on him? Did someone actually go and watch him?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With CMS as the ONLY attacking outlet, he was on a hiding to nothing.

The one game that would have played into CMS' hands, ie an early goal from midfield was Bristol and he wasn't playing.

Sure he should have put one of his two chances away.
But they were the only chances we created and I bet CMS spent more time in our penalty area than theirs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sorry if it's negative but the guy just ain't good enough. CMS pace is meaningless when he fails in all the other departments. He banged in a load of goals for Peterborough when they played gung-ho throughout. His miss ratio was probably just as impressive. Clearly it looks like we signed a striker on a record transfer fee based on stats whilst offloading a player who is now top goalscorer in the Championship because of money.
CMS reminds me of the days when we were relying on non-league forwards to 'do the job', Gary Hart was one which worked but clearly wasn't championship promotion material. CMS looks no better.
2 strikers are needed for the Albion regardless of how many forwards we already have. We need a Glenn Murray type player (maybe Austin or Cassidy?) and a composed finisher upfront (Fryatt?). At the moment it's embarrassing what we have upfront compared to other teams. I would actually rather see LuaLua upfront based on the fact he can do everything CMS can do and he isn't even a striker.
Until our upfront disability is sorted, we wont be finishing off teams at the bottom and we wont be competing with the top end teams in comebacks.
All we need is the strike force to match the the rest of the team, then we would be a force, even with 10 men.

No he isn't, Austin is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here