Clement watch......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
:thumbsup:
You have completely missed his point. He was simply saying that, as a Brighton fan, all other clubs in the world are lesser in his mind. He wasn't saying that WBA are smaller than us, or that they have less history :facepalm:

Agreed, I feel the same but I doubt any potential managers are Brighton fans and feel West Brom are the lesser Albion.....that's my point

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:thumbsup:

Agreed, I feel the same but I doubt any potential managers are Brighton fans and feel West Brom are the lesser Albion.....that's my point
Indeed, and that's what Stat Brother (whose post you replied to) was saying in the first place:

"Well it was fun while it lasted.

In a battle of the Albion's we just don't stand a chance."

"Real Albion can't even offer top 6 spending."
"There's only one true Albion, it's just a shame we're not as good as Lesser Albion."

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Indeed, and that's what Stat Brother (whose post you replied to) was saying in the first place:

"Well it was fun while it lasted.

In a battle of the Albion's we just don't stand a chance."

"Real Albion can't even offer top 6 spending."
"There's only one true Albion, it's just a shame we're not as good as Lesser Albion."

:) Ive just voted for an even Lesserer Albion in the Burton v Fleetwood match thread.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Of course not but why should lightening strike twice; they're not clones are they?

You're quite correct, they're not clones. But there is a type that Bloom has appointed thus far -- with Poyet and Oscar been prime candidates, which also points to the fact that Clement will be his preferred candidate -- and they tend to be ambitious and impatient. I've very much enjoyed having Poyet and Oscar, and am excited by the prospect of Clement too. What I think we need, however, is for a manager to commit to the club, and for the chairman to commit to the manager, so that we have stability and we remain focused on the long term (something that Oscar's early departure has somewhat knocked us off course from).

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Coming up on talksport
@talkSPORTDrive: Real Madrid asst manager Paul Clement is on the show...he'll hopefully tell us if there's any truth in the reports linking him with #wba

Baggie192

May 26, 2014
Afternoon all, a Baggie here, Paul Clemant is reportedly going to be interviewed by us towards the end of the week. He'd be an Ideal fit for our club structure truth be told. Hopefully his Brother and club hero Neil will put in a good word for us:smile: I've yet to work out the Multi-quote Do-da on here, but, in answer to #171. You have a 30,000 stadium with no discernible catchment area. The Hawthorns holds just under 27k in our Catchment area are the Blues, Vile, Walsall and the Wo1ve5. Averaging 25k a game is great going

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wasn't really bothered about this one with his lack of experience being in charge.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
time to move on then

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Afternoon all, a Baggie here, Paul Clemant is reportedly going to be interviewed by us towards the end of the week. He'd be an Ideal fit for our club structure truth be told. Hopefully his Brother and club hero Neil will put in a good word for us:smile: I've yet to work out the Multi-quote Do-da on here, but, in answer to #171. You have a 30,000 stadium with no discernible catchment area. The Hawthorns holds just under 27k in our Catchment area are the Blues, Vile, Walsall and the Wo1ve5. Averaging 25k a game is great going

Too late buddy, according to a poster on here (with source he claims has been 100% accurate to date), he will be unveiled as BHA manager in mid June. :D

Mind you it's all conjecture :)

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

To be fair it says a lot about your club, in the PL and you can not attract a decent manager, you only have to look at your last few managers. We are a club that is slowly building and may want a rookie coach/manager to fit with our aims. You have peaked and the only way for your club is to go downwards, which is why you do not appeal to many managers. I would have thought your fans would want to aim a bit higher.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS

Sorry, but if you can't spell his name right, then you're not having him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Coming up on talksport
@talkSPORTDrive: Real Madrid asst manager Paul Clement is on the show...he'll hopefully tell us if there's any truth in the reports linking him with #wba

And he says he's staying at Real Madrid.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes, he is hardly going to be bringing Ronaldo and Bale, but it's the way he is quoted that was interesting if it was word for word. He seems very certain he is off.

Really you think he is off?
Have you read today's thread about the Clement interview on Talksport?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Really you think he is off?
Have you read today's thread about the Clement interview on Talksport?

Well no, I hadn't when I posted because the interview on Talksport hadn't taken place then. However, I still think he may be. Would you give the game away to Talksport if you had an interview coming up with a club for their manager's job. I think I would keep my cards close to my chest. I don't think he should be ruled out.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I agree with all this, but it all sounds strangely familiar. Substitute the name Oscar Garcia for Paul Clement and it raises the question: do we want another manager that sees us as a stepping-stone and will be off when next season ends? I was fully behind Oscar, but viewed him as a long-term project; in other words, his managerial skills would bear fruit not in his first season, but in his second and/or third. I view Clement in exactly the same light.

Given that we are not [yet] a top flight club, aren't we ALWAYS going to be a stepping stone for any manager. We are either his/her route to a job at a mid to low premier league club or we find one that get's us promoted and he/she moves up to a upper middle PL club. Let's be realistic. Like our best players, keeping a manger for more than 2 years will probably represent a failure rather than a success given where we are.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given that we are not [yet] a top flight club, aren't we ALWAYS going to be a stepping stone for any manager. We are either his/her route to a job at a mid to low premier league club or we find one that get's us promoted and he/she moves up to a upper middle PL club. Let's be realistic. Like our best players, keeping a manger for more than 2 years will probably represent a failure rather than a success given where we are.
If Southampton are a stepping stone, what chance have we got?

Some people need a reality check when it comes to our position within football.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There is a piece in the Metro today quoting him as saying he's very happy in Madrid, family settled etc etc and doesn't plan on leaving.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports