Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Hughton: 'It’s a good feeling to be the manager of a big club'

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
He's right, they are a big club.

I think you've got a poor, and wrong, opinion of Hughton if you think that's a dig at us. Hughton is so much better than that.

Correct. Chris was not saying a big club in comparison to us, he was just stating a fact that he has taken over a club who have won the big prizes. Fair play to them and him.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Historically and achievements wise, Brighton haven't been a 'big' club.
Since Bloom took over and the Amex was built, I would say that is changing now.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Both are way bigger than us. Silverware, years in top flight, crowds, players...**** me, the list is endless. Just because our capacity is 2-3k bigger currently. Plus the people who own the season tickets at Carrow Rd turn up each week. Nah, sorry, but any argument you try that we’re ‘bigger’ than either of these two is going to make you look foolish. We just aren’t, not by a long shot. If we win something and spend another 10-15 years in the top flight then you might have a case. Right now, we’re not even bigger than Wigan, Cov, Wimbledon never mind Brum and East Anglias finest.

Like I said subjective

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
This isn't really a question of who is bigger than who - it doesn't matter. The OP appeared to be calling out Chris Hughton for his comment, whereas what he said was fully justified - Forest are a big club, not the biggest by a long shot these days, but still reasonably big. They spent most of their time in the top two divisions, 50 years plus of that in the top flight, have won trophies, have a decent ground and have a realistic chance of being in or around the play off places in the Championship season after season.
That seems plenty to justify Chris's comment - they may not as big as United or City or Liverpool; very few are - but still they're a pretty decent sized club.

‘Have won trophies’ :lolol:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
But as he says, crowd-wise Carrow Road is always full and season ticket holders show up, whereas there are thousands of empty seats at the Amex most matches, subtract the away fans and it ain’t looking so ‘big’

Whether they turn up or not is immaterial they have paid? Would they count more if they were 6ft tall or wearing shirts? Oh and Norwich's ground capacity is about 4k less than ours.

Ipswich are arguably bigger than Norwich they have certainly won more...

Last edited:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Historically Yes
Big club for sure
European Cup Winners ,
when you had to win the league before , you got the honour to compete In this competition
The next season

So to summarise, they are a big Championship club.

History is so last year !

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Correct. It’s history.

People need to get over it. Or do these people also think Preston North End are still a big club as well?

Really is quite shocking sometimes how there’s some here so quick to run us down as a club.

All relative. But I suspect most things are comparatively bigger in your life? ???:lolol::O:whistle::rave::cheery::fishing::lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Like I said subjective

Indeed. Not forgetting there’s subjectively-correct (e.g. the rest of the footballing world) and subjectively-wrong (e.g. you) :rock:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Whether they turn up or not is immaterial they have paid? Would they count more if they were 6ft tall or wearing shirts? Oh and Norwich's ground capacity is about 4k less than ours.

Ipswich are arguably bigger than Norwich they have certainly won more...

Our home crowds are roughly the same, historically Norwich’s have been a lot bigger. If/when they get chance to expand, they’d easily sell another 10k probably more. Fine city. Cracking ground. Great fans. Big club. Well, bigger than we are, to date anyway.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Yes ,Forest are a big club I agree with Chris.
Chris Houghton is also a big manager so I expect him and forest to do really well.
I don't see his comments as a snidey dig at us because he is way to classy for that and also I believe he sees us a big club too if he was asked.
But his attention and priority is now with forest so
He is giving his honest opinion about his new club,nothing to do with his old clubs.good luck Chris and forest.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Our home crowds are roughly the same, historically Norwich’s have been a lot bigger. If/when they get chance to expand, they’d easily sell another 10k probably more. Fine city. Cracking ground. Great fans. Big club. Well, bigger than we are, to date anyway.

Do you not think if our ground held 40k we wouldn't get that most weeks?

Norwich are very good at getting fans in from all over the county and that is something we could still learn from despite our advances on that front in recent years. It's a fine city as is Brighton. I think they are a well run club with a good support I just think we are too...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here