Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea in Paris

Jan 30, 2008
My point is that if this exact incident had happened on a train between Stoke and Derby on a thursday night by a group of people who were not attending a football match then it would not have made the national news multiple days in a row. The reason it has done is not because the incident is extraordinary (and let me be explicitly clear here that I am not saying that it is ok in any way or should not be taken seriously, simply that it is not deserving of the coverage it has received relative to other cases) but because the people committing it were football fans. I really am very bored of attitudes towards football fans from all angles, and this is just another manifestation of it.
maybe if they were wearing football shirts it might have made a difference:facepalm:
regards
DR

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
And you only comment on racism when it suits, you certainly haven't commented on the incident I highlighted in my reply to you , an incident where people were threatened and actually attacked.

So because I didn't comment directly you think I condone it? Unlike some on here whose twisted minds are too obtuse to understand the concept, I firmly believe that racism is wrong. Even those struggling intellectually should be able to extend that statement to include any form of racism to anyone, irrespective of their skin colour. It is all abhorrent.

All anti social behaviour should be acted upon.

stop trying to be clever eh.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
This story seems to of got a lot more press that the riots in Rome involving Feyernoord fans and Italian police. Have just seen a lot of the footage on you tube, some of the worst violence I've seen for many years, yet not a lot of press coverage?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
This story seems to of got a lot more press that the riots in Rome involving Feyernoord fans and Italian police. Have just seen a lot of the footage on you tube, some of the worst violence I've seen for many years, yet not a lot of press coverage?
Utter carnage ,but not English fans 15 Seconds on Sky Sports News last Night.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

£33k fines or 6 months in the Clink for 50 guys from Rotterdam handed out before kick off on the small bit on Weds telly I caught. No nonsense stuff. Interesting choice for some?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
And you only comment on racism when it suits, you certainly haven't commented on the incident I highlighted in my reply to you , an incident where people were threatened and actually attacked.

Good trip?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Might have got more coverage in the DUTCH press?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

Might have got more coverage in the DUTCH press?

HK has a point Wookie.

Trouble like that happens in your Russias, Ukraines, Serbias etc week in week out but wouldn't make our press.

Imagine taking your Mrs for a coupla romantic days away to Rome - few brownie points, nice break away, and you bump into Feyenoord being Feyenoord all over the shop. Right or wrong, I can't stop chuckling at that scenario.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
My point is that if this exact incident had happened on a train between Stoke and Derby on a thursday night by a group of people who were not attending a football match then it would not have made the national news multiple days in a row. The reason it has done is not because the incident is extraordinary (and let me be explicitly clear here that I am not saying that it is ok in any way or should not be taken seriously, simply that it is not deserving of the coverage it has received relative to other cases) but because the people committing it were football fans. I really am very bored of attitudes towards football fans from all angles, and this is just another manifestation of it.
Funny how many like you and Pink Fairy seek to brush these incidents under the carpet by trivialising the incidents rather than say it was wrong. What happened on a train elsewhere does nor matter a jot, comparing it to other incidents does not dilute the impact. Apologists for racists like you and and the Pink Fairy who wish for a return to the good old days of the seventies and eighties just show how out dated and out of touch you are with the rest of society. I expect many thumbs down from you as this seems to be your forte and an example of your small mindedness.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

What crap. All kinds of videos like this have the potential to go viral. This one did. In this day and age, that makes it newsworthy.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
perhaps in conclusion it can be argued the fact this incident has been widely reported in the British Press is a clue that this country takes these incidents very seriously and is perhaps one of the more active countries in Europe trying to stamp out racism.

I am not convinced naming and shaming people on social media and the consequence of portraying them as guilty without evidence is a positive thing,in fact i find it highly negative and a very modern trait i find worrying.

If this happened in Poland or Russia or Italy the media would not give a toss,the Germans would brush it under the carpet and the dutch would say it was high spirits.

No one tackles racism in football or society quite like this country,people should be proud of that,but we should also at the same time be wary of people making accusations based on a youtube video without very clear evidence as to who is guilty.

I am sure eventually the correct process will become evident under french law,concerning what crimes they may have committed under french law.

It does seem rather pointless people on social media saying they should be jailed over here before they have even been tried in a french court

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Really!? This is more conspiracy theory about poor victimized Chelsea and their fans? :lol:

Yep. You got it. Well nearly, it's slightly wider than that.

This sort of thing happens all the time around the country but it only seems to go national/viral when it's a London based thing (think racism on a train or bus).

This is because the media scared of offending 'groups' such as northerners, Scots, Welsh & being seen as London biased that it hits the media full on. You think this sort of thing (or worse) doesn't occur in Glasgow? Or when Liverpool are in Europe? It's naive to think otherwise. But yes I do believe this hits mainstream media because in London this sort of behaviour is not the norm & is unacceptable, whereas other parts of the country this the norm & it is swept under the carpet / ignored

North / south bias & double standards

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
So because I didn't comment directly you think I condone it? Unlike some on here whose twisted minds are too obtuse to understand the concept, I firmly believe that racism is wrong. Even those struggling intellectually should be able to extend that statement to include any form of racism to anyone, irrespective of their skin colour. It is all abhorrent.

All anti social behaviour should be acted upon.

stop trying to be clever eh.
i don't know whether you condone it, you obviously weren't outraged enough about it to comment , why not ? I also wonder why this hasn't been commented on and condemned at the highest levels ?
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/this-flat-blacks-only-shocking-5193505?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Ha, ha just got the obligatory thumbs down from our resident Mr Angry Husty.
imagejpg1_zps0e522bc9.jpg

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Amazing this trivial story gets so much national news coverage, about the same time as Russia and Europe, who it seems are edging ever closer to war!

Quite ridiculous, when you consider probably less than 6-10 individuals involved. :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here